Halloween Horror Nights 26 Wishful Thinking

Mark M.

17 minutes ago, Dead Inside said:

Fowl Owlerson isn't a reliable source, but it's something to talk about: http://attractionsmagazine.com/rumor-queue-top-theme-park-rumors-2016/

Two parks is possible

No icon has been set yet

Houses being discussed:

AHS  - please no

Krampus - meh

HP Lovecraft - meh

Hitchcock - no

TCM - no, we've seen this

Ash vs Evil Dead - please no

The Purge - go away

TWD - ...

Thank you for posting. I added my thoughts above.

Two parks is ALWAYS possible. They've stated in the past that it's something they consider every year.

Everything else on the list is something we've seen before or know Universal has developed/considered in the past. The only new addition is Krampus, which is an obvious addition.

I'm not saying they won't happen. But no one should surprised if they do because none of that list is game-changing, spec-wise.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Legacy said:

Two parks is ALWAYS possible. They've stated in the past that it's something they consider every year.

Everything else on the list is something we've seen before or know Universal has developed/considered in the past. The only new addition is Krampus, which is an obvious addition.

I'm not saying they won't happen. But no one should surprised if they do because none of that list is game-changing, spec-wise.

Nothing jumps out on that list to me as being worthwhile to add. If that's the IP lineup they have then I'm going to be disappointed. 

Edited by criticalanalysis

21 hours ago, hunnylvr said:

and if Rob Zombie thinks it's "funny" to have an actor playing Gacy sitting on the couch with boy scouts, then I guess the rest of us can let him know what we think by not supporting him.  Maybe he'll pack his crap and leave.  I guess if sodomizing and murdering kids makes a good house for you - well have fun with that.

Where did he say that was funny, if he actually said that I'd laugh my ass off. 

How many houses at horror nights have to do with characters who killed kids, I know that actually happened but its doesn't really matter unless that happened to you no one else would give a shit

1 hour ago, foodstampsFTW said:

Where did he say that was funny, if he actually said that I'd laugh my ass off. 

How many houses at horror nights have to do with characters who killed kids, I know that actually happened but its doesn't really matter unless that happened to you no one else would give a shit

See the third paragraph

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/celebrity/chi-rob-zombie-haunted-house-john-wayne-gacy-20140928-column.html

3 hours ago, criticalanalysis said:

Nothing jumps out on that list to me as being worthwhile to add. If that's the IP lineup they have then I'm going to be disappointed. 

I suspect you'll be disappointed regardless of the lineup

• Like 2

On 1/22/2016 at 1:34 PM, hunnylvr said:

I had no intention of going to his "house" as there are some very, very good ones in the Chicago area to spend my money on during the limited time I'm actually here 

Good thing that you saved your money. It not only received horrible reviews, but it was literally the worst scareacting experience I have ever had in my ten years of being a haunt actor (not really RZ's fault as it is the main staff of the event.) Seriously, after the first weekend 40% of actors quit, and every weekend after that there were fewer and fewer. I was really surprised it came back this past Halloween, and from what I heard (I did not work this year) it wasn't any better.

But, regarding the theorized lineup

The givens, to me, are Krampus and Purge. Just because... I mean, Krampus is fucking awesome and Purge has a new film coming out this year. Although, I'd personally rather see Purge as a street again I think.

The rest of them, as others have said, wouldn't really be surprising as those are titles/IPs that are always thrown around.

I guess I'd be a little surprised if AHS finally got its house because it was my understanding that it's never been done before because FX/A&D would want to go all out and not hold anything back and make it not necessarily an "extreme house" but one that would require a waiver or an age limit or something. Idk, I thought I remembered someone saying something like that at one point last year... I could be mistaken. It could obviously be altered to just be a typical haunt though and it wouldn't surprise me. AHS needs some life/interest breathed back into it- it's popularity has been waning the past two seasons. A house could respark interest.  

If TWD returns, again, I'll be sad but not surprised. 

• Like 2

If you don't like something because you're sensitive to it then do not go, do not try to create a public backlash to shut it down. 

It's disappointing to hear some of you being this sensitive. 

That said, it's worse that I hear support for incredibly mediocre IPs. God forbid they have to use an IP then at least do something that hasn't been done before in the typical sense. 

* Purge = we've seen it, twice, let it go.

* TWD = we've seen it, let it go.

* Ash vs Evil Dead = we've seen it, let it go

* Krampus = we've basically seen it over the years (Home for the Holidays, Bloodngutz), let it go.

* Hitchcock = we saw Poe's house, which was mediocre, and Hitchcock's movies will not translate well to a house (they're dramatic, not horror for the most part). Let it 

All of these are garbage properties. At least try to bring something in that'd be pretty cool to see if they're doing an IP at all.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, criticalanalysis said:

If you don't like something because you're sensitive to it then do not go, do not try to create a public backlash to shut it down. 

That said, it's worse that I hear support for incredibly mediocre IPs. God forbid they have to use an IP then at least do something that hasn't been done before in the typical sense. 

* Krampus = we've basically seen it over the years (Home for the Holidays, Bloodngutz), let it go.

* Hitchcock = we saw Poe's house, which was mediocre, and Hitchcock's movies will not translate well to a house (they're dramatic, not horror for the most part). Let it 

All of these are garbage properties. At least try to bring something in that'd be pretty cool to see if they're doing an IP at all.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, criticalanalysis said:

I do see the point you are making but you are also aware that an IP has been used in some capacity since pretty much the beginning, right? IPs will happen and people will post on this site taking random shots in the dark as to what they will be, all you have done is tell people that their  OPINIONS are wrong. Is there anything in particular you'd like to see, will anything please you? I agree with you that people on here have been much more sensitive, but I'm also seeing people be much more negative.

• Like 3

Here are some possible house that I'd like to see next year and two that are more than likely going to be a house. 

Ash Vs Evil Dead

Krampus(or Trick R Treat)

Killer Klowns from outer space

Amityville Horror

The Purge(its popular and with the third movie coming out, I can't imagine universal not doing a house)

House based on an Icon(that's if they decide to do one)

2 originals 

The Walking Dead( I feel like this is going to be the last year. Last year couldn't have been the last, I feel like universal would've made an announcement. This year might be it.)

16 hours ago, hhnfan95 said:

How about an Illusionists house?! They did Penn & Teller, so why not these guys?!

For a million reasons. It's cheesy. It isn't scary. They have zero fame. It's a waste of a potential house that can be used for other content. etc.

all you have done is tell people that their  OPINIONS are wrong.

Because most here have incorrect opinions. Did you hop into the Nintendo thread and see that people want to see a Bayonetta, Mario HHN house? 

Is there anything in particular you'd like to see, will anything please you? 

If they absolutely had to use an IP? Castlevania may be a pretty awesome one to see if they did it Symphony of the Night style (colorful, very varied monsters and settings). The Shining for its maze-like hotel setting. Re-Animator as a fun horror comedy house. That's basically it and ONLY if I had to pick something.

Edited by criticalanalysis
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, criticalanalysis said:

For a million reasons. It's cheesy. It isn't scary. They have zero fame. It's a waste of a potential house that can be used for other content. etc.

Because most here have incorrect opinions. Did you hop into the Nintendo thread and see that people want to see a Bayonetta, Mario HHN house? 

If they absolutely had to use an IP? Castlevania may be a pretty awesome one to see if they did it Symphony of the Night style (colorful, very varied monsters and settings). The Shining for its maze-like hotel setting. Re-Animator as a fun horror comedy house. That's basically it and ONLY if I had to pick something.

A Re-Animator haunted house would be wicked cool! I think what they really need to do is look for IP that people know(which is part of their criteria) but isn't anything they've had before and/or just really dig deep into horror. They could even do a house based on a mash of 50's horror like: House of Wax, Them!, Tarantula!, and The Fly. 

• Like 1

A Re-Animator haunted house would be wicked cool! I think what they really need to do is look for IP that people know(which is part of their criteria) but isn't anything they've had before and/or just really dig deep into horror. They could even do a house based on a mash of 50's horror like: House of Wax, Them!, Tarantula!, and The Fly.

All good ideas! They had "Horror in Wax" at HHN 14 and I was into it. It would be neat to see a nuclear fallout monster house (big monsters!!). Good post!

23 hours ago, criticalanalysis said:

I'm with you on wanting new IPs if we have to have em, and I honestly only see 2 of these even having a chance this year, unless they decide to use the Hitchcock concept they supposedly have. I'm not believing TWD is back until I see it, and Krampus doesn't hold much stock for me on this coast. I'm iffy on The Purge. It'll be relevant, they have literally everything they need already, and the pile of shit that was last year's house was actually successful, so a sequel would be greeted by the GP. But will Marketing actually wanna do it again? I feel like the answer is yes. Ash is entirely dependent on whether Mike and the gang wants to do it, I think. No reason why that property would be pushed onto them by Marketing, and I don't see why they would tell them no over it, so if they want it, we'll likely see it. 

I'm curious to see how many originals we see this year. I feel like we will see 5 originals and 4 IPs this time, but I fear that may just be wishful thinking.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, criticalanalysis said:

Penn & Teller aren't scary either! 

On 1/28/2016 at 9:20 AM, criticalanalysis said:

I've wanted a Shining house for a long time as well, and yeah Mario and Bayonetta would  not work as houses thought I haven't personally enjoyed any video game based house I've seen. Silent Hill was meh and Resident Evil was one of the worst I've seen.

• Like 1

My wishful thinking of houses, House on haunted hill 1999

Salems lot (Though I thought I heard somewhere that Stephen King would not allow his stories to be used in this type of media. HHN/shows)

Sinister

Trick r treat

A Voo doo house/southern swamp/ghosts

American Horror story(any of them)

A mortuary type house, they could use Albert and or Cindy in this one

A comedy zombie house, zombies beiing killed in a funny morbid kind of way.( make this one very gory)

Marilyn Manson a journey into darkness(twisted cathedral with dark forces/evil spirits/ghost)

I would like to see some of the houses from  years back, Castle Vampyr, Ship of screams,dead silence etc.

But my main concern is that all in all this event has grown so popular that execution of the event is crucial to its success in the future.

looking forward to this year as I have the last 14 years for a great time.

2 hours ago, Johnny Topside said:

So, are there any solid rumors yet? I know treatment is happening for an original house, but is that where our general knowledge ends?

The game is changing. Most of the people who have connections are intentionally not using them. I really can't describe how much paranoia the "inside scoop" leads to.

Could information be gotten? Sure. But even myself, I'm trying to weigh how much energy I want to put into it this year. I value my friendships too much.

• Like 7

16 hours ago, Legacy said:

The game is changing. Most of the people who have connections are intentionally not using them. I really can't describe how much paranoia the "inside scoop" leads to.

Could information be gotten? Sure. But even myself, I'm trying to weigh how much energy I want to put into it this year. I value my friendships too much.

Fair enough. I love rumors but I was sad we learned so much so early last year, it keeps it exciting to have to wait.