RUN: Blood, Sweat, and Fears

Mark M.

I was way more excited about this maze before seeing the picture of one of the costumes at the media preview. I think it's unique how each room may be themed differently depending on where the assassin is from, but the Japanese mask we were shown doesn't look scary at all. Don't get me wrong, the concept still sounds cool, I just really hope it's executed well so we actually feel like we're somewhat in danger. If not, this maze seems like it could be the dud of the bunch. 

Edited by Arsik_22

I was way more excited about this maze before seeing the picture of one of the costumes at the media preview. I think it's unique how each room may be themed differently depending on where the assassin is from, but the Japanese mask we were shown doesn't look scary at all. Don't get me wrong, the concept still sounds cool, I just really hope it's executed well so we actually feel like we're somewhat in danger. If not, this maze seems like it could be the dud of the bunch. 

I mean, that's only one costume. I do sorta agree. I feel this could end up being the "cool / fun, but not necessarily scary" maze. I think even if I'm not scared, there should be a lot of fun in seeing where the assassins come from. 

• Like 1

I mean, that's only one costume. I do sorta agree. I feel this could end up being the "cool / fun, but not necessarily scary" maze. I think even if I'm not scared, there should be a lot of fun in seeing where the assassins come from. 

it's just one mask, not the costume. There is definitely an old school HHN feel to the house, it will be a fan favorite and garner a cult following. 

• Like 2

That's true, and I know I can't base my opinion about the maze as a whole just because I saw one mask. Regardless I'm sure I'll have fun. Last year, Giggles and Gore was the only dud during my walk throughs so with that track record I have 100% confidence A&D can execute this well. 

• Like 2

My only concern is that people will not watch the queue video and be completely lost in the house.

Please tell me you're saying we'll actually get a video that tells a story, instead of a Giggles type queue video.

By the way, not to throw shade, but you seem to know a decent bit about this house? Maybe I'm crazy.

Please tell me you're saying we'll actually get a video that tells a story, instead of a Giggles type queue video.

By the way, not to throw shade, but you seem to know a decent bit about this house? Maybe I'm crazy.

I'm just making an educated guess about the queue video.

I think all the hype for the event has made you a little mad.

Edited by marmoset

I realize I'm a bit older than most on these boards, but has "The Running Man" really disappeared from the cultural consciousness?  That movie was an "HBO hit," one of those movies that didn't light fires in theaters but every Gen X kid knew by heart from watching it again and again on HBO (Highlander another one).

This is old school HHN right down to blatantly ripping off an IP ... I'm guessing right down to the

hockey-stick wielding gladiator

• Like 2

I realize I'm a bit older than most on these boards, but has "The Running Man" really disappeared from the cultural consciousness?  That movie was an "HBO hit," one of those movies that didn't light fires in theaters but every Gen X kid knew by heart from watching it again and again on HBO (Highlander another one).

This is old school HHN right down to blatantly ripping off an IP ... I'm guessing right down to the

Hidden Content

tumblr_m8csl7bFSc1r2v293o1_400.gif

Everyone should watch The Running Man. Especially if they're a Schwarzenegger fan.

• Like 2

Hidden Content

No, he had to "split"

• Like 2

So, I brought this up in another thread as part of a longer post but figured I should put it here to get some feedback/thoughts on it.

The employee preview map was updated and now says Run exits near Disasters entrance. Of course, recent pictures have shown that the whole front of Disaster is totally walled off. While they could easily take down a board or two to make that an exit, I feel like they might be doing something extra.

To me it seems strange that they would close Disaster a whole two months before they can really touch the building. They can't do a lot of construction with guests just feet away inside a massive house. Why not just keep the ride going until HHN was over and then just destroy the building and extended queue in one big sweep?

What if the plan was to close the ride so they could quickly use the pre-show rooms and loading subway station as part of the house? Guests go through the three pre-show rooms which have been themed of course and all Disaster stuff taken away. Then the final scene takes place in the massive subway set with guests going through a subway train's open door and exiting where Disaster normally would exit? They wouldn't have to do much, if any, themeing to the subway station and would just have to do some minor stuff in the three pre-show rooms. Put some scareactors in the row of seats in front and behind where guests will walk and have a bunch of dummies sitting in other seats so it looks like the train is ready to take off. The pre-show room with the benches could easily just be a "hallway" since the first door to the loading station was right there. I feel like they could pull it off and this is the ONLY year they can do it. It would make the house longer and give fans of the ride one last look inside the subway station. Plus the exit would be just outside of the Scarezone instead of dumping people right next to the massive movie screen in the middle of an already SUPER cramped looking scarezone!

This would be a great way to "send off" both the Disaster extended queue run of houses and the ride itself since odds are a house will never be placed in this location again. 

• Like 3

As much as I would LOVE that, I honestly doubt it. However, there is construction walls already blocking where the maze would normally exit, so there does seem to be something different happening this year...

And only the TM maps give out locations. The regular maps for guests won't say specifically where houses enter/exit, so saying exit next to Disaster is a non issue.

I don't see that happening either, mostly because the house exit isn't anywhere near the actual Disaster! building or preshow rooms from what I've seen during construction. Not only that but it wouldn't really make that much sense to transition from Hellgate prison into a subway station for no reason.

I recall in one preview video that they're bringing back Guest Activated Triggers, and I suspect this will be one of the houses they put them in. Seeing as guests are contestants in this house, it only makes sense. And I also hope Eddie makes a cameo, even with it's 1987-ish setting (One of the other preview vids confirmed this, to my excitement) 

Love the idea. If they could also incorporate the ride into it, that would of been the icing on the cake. Something like terror tram with a cool video explaining how your being transported to the area where Run is held. I know that incorporating the ride into a house would cause a huge wait time, especially with Disaster, and this would make it highly improbable.

I was really excited about this house, but now i'm a little worried. I was expecting something more like a setting from the movie Hostel, rooms filled with different people being tortured in horrific ways, however It now sounds more like a running man themed house, and I just don't think something like the running man will be scary unless you are actually running for your life from some of these assassins.