RUN: Blood, Sweat, and Fears

Mark M.

My most anticipated house. I love the throwback to the original Run. With the Canadian reference, I do have to wonder if each Reaper's room will be themed. If that is case, it's even closer to the Running Man (at least the movie version. It's been forever since I read the book and far too many King novels in between). 

I'm truly holding out delusional hope for pulsing in this house. I can't help it. I'd love to recapture my original experience of Run. 

• Like 1

Likely conga line, although a non IP in this house location usually has one of the lower waits of the evening.

I guess it depends when you hit it.  But for the past 11 years I've been going, it's had some long lines the majority of the time.  Disaster and tent 2 are my least favorite queues as they're just back and forth, you can see the entire line.  If you go at the beginning of the night, it's usually manageable.  But you also have the daylight still factoring in.  A lot of people are looking forward to this one, so we'll see.

I love that the mix of 80's vibe and Hellgate's Prison, hope theirs some references to Hellgate maybe a broken TV showing bits of the queue video with the warden, ol' Sparky, and the result of the prison riot maybe making a reaper or two who used to be a prisoner. Also 80's references can make me smile while I get scared, and Reaper's are actually all different with different ways on taking their new found prey. With all this and more I hope this would be a great house for being probably the last. Is there any clarification that Fast N' Furious will cause us never to have a house in that location or it's still unknown at this point?

• Like 1

Sort of a side note, has anyone heard the song Run by AWOLNATION? I feel like this song is perfect for a theme song or something for the "game show", especially because of the name!

the song is really nice but I cannot see it fitting HHN 

Songs I can imagine will be in the queue line, hopefully in between clips of a queue video:

Run Like Hell- Pink Floyd

Runnin' With the Devil- Van Halen

Run to the Hills- Iron Maiden

And other more "upbeat" classic rock/metal songs. It fits the mood, I think.

Runnin' with the Devil was used in Zombiegeddon's Queue video. I would love if Run to the Hills being used though.

• Like 1

FYI - The Running Man is currently available on Netflix.  We just watched it over the weekend for shits and giggles to compare it to the idea of this house.  I TOTALLY get where Mystique  sees the similarities between the two..  Once we watched the movie, and I re-read the description of the house on the Universal Blog, I laughed my ass off.. this is absolutely ripped off from The Running Man.  I recommend watching it - talk about a blast from the past.  heheheh

If the music gods bless us then we should get Run to the Hills from Iron Maiden for sure.

• Like 4

I think the music is going to be the only thing keeping us in the 80's vibe that they talked about. No real horror kill or theme is strictly 80's (you could argue the slasher renaissance being an 80's thing but...eh?)

the theming or the decoration, even the way they paint the house could give that retro feel

• Mark M. changed the title to RUN: Blood, Sweat, and Fears