Halloween Horror Nights Hollywood 2015 Event Discussion

true, one of my favorite parts of B&T was the final dance number and the opening but I can't get into this. But my thinking is they left Vegas to do an hourly show every night of the event... if I was them I would not leave Vegas unless I was being paid more.

I think they're being paid way less than what they were paid in Vegas. They are getting kicked out of their theater by Blue Man Group because the theater BMG was in is being renovated. So HHN is a way for them to make some money when they would otherwise not be performing while waiting for their new venue at MGM Grand to be ready. My guess would be that Universal got a pretty good deal. 

If you hit the lower lot mazes first, you won't wait in a maze line for more than an hour. I understand you being upset that there isn't a VIP experience but I'm sure you can still have an enjoyable time at the event with minimal wait times depending on how closely you follow the planning thread that DTH posts. 

I've tried following strategies like this in the past and it still never seems to work.  Especially when the only time I can go is on a Fri or Sat.  I do realize that there are still FOL passes, but for only 1 time through for each ride and maze...  not really worth it IMO.    But if you guys still seem to like supporting this event while they keep raising prices and taking more and more away... 

Both years I've visited Orlando's event, ours has been very lackluster. Being that I will be doing so this year, it looks like the trend may continue.

When I have a decently paying job, I'm definitely going to make a trip out to it (I always want to see those original mazes!), but as of now I gotta stick with this. 

I've tried following strategies like this in the past and it still never seems to work.  Especially when the only time I can go is on a Fri or Sat.  I do realize that there are still FOL passes, but for only 1 time through for each ride and maze...  not really worth it IMO.    But if you guys still seem to like supporting this event while they keep raising prices and taking more and more away... 

Well, you have to do early entry for it REALLY to be effective. And regardless, on busy nights, you'll always run into lines. And I think it's just more of the fact that we still enjoy it, just there's not really we can do to change what they take away and give. They do listen to us I would like to think, but I think the problem is that generally, this event will still sell tickets. Regardless of the informed or ignorant masses. So all we can do is to continue to support it in the hopes that it doesn't get taken away completely. Like others have said, I think Harry Potter World and other things have drained into the account taking away from HHN as the first cuts in terms of budget.

Hey Everyone!

Pretty new to these forums so I had a couple of questions for you experts regarding HHN this year. I'm coordinating a large group to go on Sunday, Sept 27th (about 12 people), so I want to make sure we have a coordinated plan of attack! It's not going to be fun if everyone is like "I want to see that it this!" My plan is to hit up everything so no one will be left upset.

I went to the event last year, and with my annual pass, I got me and my two friends onto the backlot a solid 45 min to an hour before opening. We knocked out all 3 houses last year before any normal guests we're even let in! We essentially finished all 7 houses and the tram tour by 11. 

I know this year is going to be quite different with 3 houses on the lower lot instead of in the back. Do you think they will let us into the backlot first again with early entry? Makes sense to me since the park hasn't closed yet. But if so, do you think everyone will head to the backlot like usual when they get in? Or do you think they will stop at the lower lot first? Will we all crowd up at the bottom 3 houses?

Which leads me to the question of what houses are where this year. Do you guys know in comparison to last year? I know TWD and AVP are backlot, but what about lower vs upper? 

As of right now, our plan of attack is as follows:

Early entry

Backlot

Lower lot

Tram your

Upper lot house

Despicable me

Simpsons

JP

Mummy

Transformers

How does that sound to everyone? Will we get it all done? What time do you think we would finish the houses by? I know this is all guesstimation but any initial help would be amazing! 

You guys rock! 

- Aeroslash

Hey Everyone!

Pretty new to these forums so I had a couple of questions for you experts regarding HHN this year. I'm coordinating a large group to go on Sunday, Sept 27th (about 12 people), so I want to make sure we have a coordinated plan of attack! It's not going to be fun if everyone is like "I want to see that it this!" My plan is to hit up everything so no one will be left upset.

I went to the event last year, and with my annual pass, I got me and my two friends onto the backlot a solid 45 min to an hour before opening. We knocked out all 3 houses last year before any normal guests we're even let in! We essentially finished all 7 houses and the tram tour by 11. 

I know this year is going to be quite different with 3 houses on the lower lot instead of in the back. Do you think they will let us into the backlot first again with early entry? Makes sense to me since the park hasn't closed yet. But if so, do you think everyone will head to the backlot like usual when they get in? Or do you think they will stop at the lower lot first? Will we all crowd up at the bottom 3 houses?

Which leads me to the question of what houses are where this year. Do you guys know in comparison to last year? I know TWD and AVP are backlot, but what about lower vs upper? 

As of right now, our plan of attack is as follows:

Early entry

Backlot

Lower lot

Tram your

Upper lot house

Despicable me

Simpsons

JP

Mummy

Transformers

How does that sound to everyone? Will we get it all done? What time do you think we would finish the houses by? I know this is all guesstimation but any initial help would be amazing! 

You guys rock! 

- Aeroslash

crimson peak and AVP will be on the backlot.

Walking Dead, This Is The End, and Insidious are on the lower lot. 

Terror Tram and Halloween are on the upper. 

My advice, I like to do the rides as well but don't save all of them for last sprinkle them in between mazes because just like mazes line grow just as fast don't return to the lower lot finish it  and never look back 

so do early entry

1. Backlot (Crimson Peak and AVP)

2. Lower lot in this order

walking Dead

TITE

Transformers

Inisdious

Jurassic Park

Mummy

3. Head up to the terror tram hit Halloween then finish at your pace

also as someone who normally takes big groups don't expect the group to stick together the whole night and if you split I suggest focusing on the faction that wants to get everything done.

hope this helps

• Like 2

Hey guys. So I made a little digital map (as best I could) of the locations for mazes and scare zones. I like to have visuals so I can plan even more thoroughly and efficiently. Go easy on me, please. It's not super pretty but hey it gets the job done. Anyway, here ya go.

SCARE ZONES:

•Exterminatorz - Entrance scare zone (The Purge: Anarchy location last year)

•Dark Christmas - Baker Street/London Street (same location as last year)

•Corpz - French Street (Mask-A-Raid location last year)

•The Purge: Urban Nightmare - backlot/metro sets (Walking Dead zone last year that you had to walk through to get to AVP, FDTD and TWD mazes)

MAZES:

•Halloween: Michael Myers Comes Home - Parisian Courtyard (Dracula Untold location last year)

•Insidious: Return to the Further - Jurassic Park extended queue (American Werewolf in London location last year)

•This is the End 3D - The Mummy extended queue (Clownz 3D location last year, entrance will be where last year's exit was)

•The Walking Dead: Wolves Not Far - Lower lot (to the left of Transformers: The Ride)

•Crimson Peak: maze of Madness - Metro sets within the huge brick wall-type thing (I'm so eloquent)

•Alien vs. Predator - Soundstage 747 (same location as last year)

HHN25 MAP jpg.jpg

METRO SETS jpg.jpg

HHN UPPER-LOWER LOTS jpg.jpg

• Like 6

Hey guys. So I made a little digital map (as best I could) of the locations for mazes and scare zones. I like to have visuals so I can plan even more thoroughly and efficiently. Go easy on me, please. It's not super pretty but hey it gets the job done. Anyway, here ya go.

SCARE ZONES:

•The Purge: Urban Nightmare - backlot/metro sets (Walking Dead zone last year that you had to walk through to get to AVP, FDTD and TWD mazes)

MAZES:

•Halloween: Michael Myers Comes Home - Parisian Courtyard (Dracula Untold location last year)

•Insidious: Return to the Further - Jurassic Park extended queue (American Werewolf in London location last year)

•This is the End 3D - The Mummy extended queue (Clownz 3D location last year, entrance will be where last year's exit was)

•The Walking Dead: Wolves Not Far - Lower lot (to the left of Transformers: The Ride)

•Crimson Peak: maze of Madness - Metro sets within the huge brick wall-type thing (I'm so eloquent)

HHN25 MAP jpg.jpg

METRO SETS jpg.jpg

Great Job! Cant wait for HHN this year! :D

• Like 1

SCARE ZONES:

MAZES:

HHN25 MAP jpg.jpg

METRO SETS jpg.jpg

Nice great work!

• Like 1

So murdy was asked about a Conjuring maze and he said he's into it but can't get the rights right now. I would LOVE to see that as a maze. 

And someone asked about Dark Christmas as a maze and he said the timing is weird with the movie coming out later this year and that he hasn't seen enough of the movie yet

So murdy was asked about a Conjuring maze and he said he's into it but can't get the rights right now. I would LOVE to see that as a maze. 

And someone asked about Dark Christmas as a maze and he said the timing is weird with the movie coming out later this year and that he hasn't seen enough of the movie yet

Maybe due to the sequel next year?