Halloween Horror Nights Hollywood 2015 Event Discussion

Thanks for all of the advice everyone!

Also, I took 2 friends last year and they were able to go down to the backlot early with me because I was a pass holder and they weren't. I did get the discount tickets for them though. Was that a fluke? Or will I be able to do the same this year with a group of 12?

Also, I took 2 friends last year and they were able to go down to the backlot early with me because I was a pass holder and they weren't. I did get the discount tickets for them though. Was that a fluke? Or will I be able to do the same this year with a group of 12?

Well it depends, was it for the AP early access? Because afaik you had to be inside the park lined up next to Transformers for that. General public still got early access, just slightly later.

Also, Murdy says he doesn't know if the AP extra early access is coming back this year, but if it is we'll be emailed about it.

I was able to do the AP First Stab last year because my friend and his girlfriend were AP holders but you can only get 5 people in per Annual Pass.

Hi, this is the first time I have ever posted on here, and I'm not sure if anyone has already said this. But according to the Facebook page, The Eyegore Awards were cancelled this year 

I haven't heard anything about that. I thought I remember Murdy saying they would be held for this year.

Hi, this is the first time I have ever posted on here, and I'm not sure if anyone has already said this. But according to the Facebook page, The Eyegore Awards were cancelled this year 

I had an odd feeling that would happen and I also felt like that was possibly part of why VIP didn't make a comeback. Because that's the main time of the year where actual VIPs DO come.

I think if VIP IS to come back at this point, it probably won't include a studio tour and may just be a buffet or something with unlimited FOL.

I had an odd feeling that would happen and I also felt like that was possibly part of why VIP didn't make a comeback. Because that's the main time of the year where actual VIPs DO come.

I think if VIP IS to come back at this point, it probably won't include a studio tour and may just be a buffet or something with unlimited FOL.

that is perfectly acceptable. The tour is kind of pointless. I never did VIP for the tour. I do it for the unlimited FOL. and the food. Mostly unlimited FOL. but the food is great too. I love food. 

• Like 2

Thank you so much for giving me hope for VIP! My husband and I spend all year anticipating HHN and it would not be nearly as fun for us if we only got to see each maze once (with FOL). We have a 9 year old son, so this is our only real date night every year and it doesn't make sense to spend it waiting in lines to repeat mazes. We had already booked our hotel and gotten the days off work when I heard about no VIP and I was embarrassingly crushed. I'll keep thinking happy thoughts about VIP coming back...

• Like 1

Do they each have to have their own daytime ticket as well, or as long as one person has an AP the rest can just have an HHN ticket?

No, all you need is the HHN ticket, and one person needs a AP and can take 5 friends. The catch is you can only get in at 5pm and mazes don't open till 7:00 but it's a great way to get the rides done early and be first in line for the backlot

• Like 1

No, all you need is the HHN ticket, and one person needs a AP and can take 5 friends. The catch is you can only get in at 5pm and mazes don't open till 7:00 but it's a great way to get the rides done early and be first in line for the backlot

If I have a group of more than 5 people but 2 of them have annual passes, does it still work? I mean worst case scenario we can just split up into 2 groups until we're through the gates but still.

I was really looking forward for the VIP again this year since I generally do HHN orlando on a fri night then fly over sat morning and do HHN hollywood that sat night.  The best way I think to get a great trip and not rush IS VIP!  What do i have to do to put more pressure on bringing it back????

• Like 1

The way Murdy is talking on twitter makes it sound like something else is coming in place of VIP. I wish he would say what it was so that people don't just buy GA instead.

the problem with that is its not fair for people who would have bought VIP and already bought FOTL, they would have to allow refunds

The way Murdy is talking on twitter makes it sound like something else is coming in place of VIP. I wish he would say what it was so that people don't just buy GA instead.

What did he say on twitter that leads you to believe that?

the problem with that is its not fair for people who would have bought VIP and already bought FOTL, they would have to allow refunds

Yeah I've been debating on whether or not to get FOTL or wait for something to happen with VIP.

Between VIP @ HHN and Trapped @ Knott's not coming back I'm a bit bummed this year!

If I have a group of more than 5 people but 2 of them have annual passes, does it still work? I mean worst case scenario we can just split up into 2 groups until we're through the gates but still.

yeah you're fine the max is 5 non pass holders per Annual pass it works out like this.....

WORD PROBLEMS YALL cue schoolhouse rock intro....and I just released that's too old even for me 

My group last year was 12 my friend and his grilfriend each had a Annual pass they just went up to the early entrance by water world people showed them their annual passes and HHN tickets, and said they had 10 guest and they waved in after checking the tickets. 

• Like 1

yeah you're fine the max is 5 non pass holders per Annual pass it works out like this.....

WORD PROBLEMS YALL cue schoolhouse rock intro....and I just released that's too old even for me 

My group last year was 12 my friend and his grilfriend each had a Annual pass they just went up to the early entrance by water world people showed them their annual passes and HHN tickets, and said they had 10 guest and they waved in after checking the tickets. 

Do you remember if they check ID's? Like did they have to scan the annual pass or just look at it? I ask because I have a group of 13 now (sigh) and only two of us have annual passes. However, I have a friend who can lend me his even though he's not coming. So, can one of my friends pose as the annual passholder? Or would that not work?

If it won't work...can I get an honest reaction on how far behind that will put us? Like I said originally, I was able to get the entire park (all houses, tour and rides) done by midnight last year on a Sunday. Is that possible to even get them done at all if we get in with normal early entry?

Edited by aeroslash92

They do fingerprints/scans.
Kick your 13th person out and just say sorry. Honestly, anything more than 12 is hard to manage anyway. I know it sounds mean, but just say the only way to do First Stab and get everything done quickly is with this option, and this method is impossible with one extra person.

Or just do regular early entry. You should be fine haha

Edited by DTH316