Halloween Horror Nights Hollywood 2015 Event Discussion

Can't wait for this House of Horrors overlay:

Wait Jason Alexander is in this!? Can Jerry Seinfeld be in this too so that this can be a horror movie about nothing?

Seinfeld jokes aside, this movie looks AWESOME so far. As far as maze potential goes, it looks like most of it will take place in or right outside the house. Evil Dead was the same situation, yet we were able to get a full maze out of it. I don't think that will be a hindrance.

The maze seems like it would fit best in Parisian Square. I'm looking forward to seeing this.

I don't want to turn this into 2016 speculation, but for what it's worth, Legay has said a while back that FearTWD, Purge 3, Krampus, (MAYBE) Trick 'R Treat, and Army of Darkness are huge possibilities for Orlando. Remember, ANYTHING CAN CHANGE but I think we know what IPs we might be sharing with them next year if that plays out.

• Like 1

My memory of Tcm in 2012 is a little hazy so maybe it was total crap, but I can't exactly relate to your argument since I began going in 2012

trust me if you ever get a time machine before going back and killing hitler or stoping 9/11 use it and go to 2007 and walk through it. 

I know, Back In Business must sound like a legend to these people. Sad thing is, there's no decent video of it to prove how terrifying it was. I really wish I could relive that maze...

I disagree. Bring back Back In Business!!!!! #onemoretime!

it is a legend first and only time I actually feared for my life in a maze and it was awesome.

Best HOH overlay.... (I kid)

• Like 1

I think the original TCM deserves to be done again one more time in the near future like Halloween. It was so awful that it deserves to be done justice. 

The original TCM (Saw is the Law) was represented, and quite phenomenal at that.   Not sure if you were in a bad mood that night or your Thundercats underoos were on backwards.  (Just joshing, Sir Freak!:lol:).  It really nailed the aesthetics of the classic film, scenic was spot on,  and the scareactors were amped and interactive with guests.  One of the top 3 mazes that I have been through.

Edited by AsylumSB

trust me if you ever get a time machine before going back and killing hitler or stoping 9/11 use it and go to 2007 and walk through it. 

it is a legend first and only time I actually feared for my life in a maze and it was awesome.

I also think that since it was my first year, I thought that basically anything that tried to scare you was scary.

• Like 1

The original TCM (Saw is the Law) was represented, and quite phenomenal at that.   Not sure if you were in a bad mood that night or your Thundercats underoos were on backwards.  (Just joshing, Sir Freak!:lol:).  It really nailed the aesthetics of the classic film, scenic was spot on,  and the scareactors were amped and interactive with guests.  One of the top 3 mazes that I have been through.

honestly when I went there were too many blank wall that they did not even try to cover up especially in the grave robbing scene to me it even felt like it was too lazy even for knotts and only two SA were on their game the leather face in the mosulium and the one in the bone furniture room (he broke character but still was great) other then that I didn't like it one bit but I could been comparing it too much to BIB but ehhh

Edited by Grindhousehero13

honestly when I went there were too many blank wall that they did not even try to cover up especially in the grave robbing scene to me it even felt like it was too lazy even for knotts and only two SA were on their game the leather face in the mosulium and the one in the bone furniture room (he broke character but still was great) other then that I didn't like it one bit but I could been comparing it too much to BIB but ehhh

I never experienced BIB but when I went through SitL the guy in the dining room was so intense it made the maze for me. Then again, it was literally my first haunted house ever, so there could be some bias there.

I never experienced BIB but when I went through SitL the guy in the dining room was so intense it made the maze for me. Then again, it was literally my first haunted house ever, so there could be some bias there.

I may have a small bias in favor of the original TCM since it is one of my favorite horror films.  However,  I do take into account two things that I look for when rating my maze experiences:  repeatability and retainability.  We go to the event once a year so we hit each maze once; those that we find that were exceptional get repeated to see if it the property is consistent in quality.  The mazes that stand out are ones I can clearly remember specifics .  Saw is the Law had interactive characters that would converse with each other and guests during the dining and bar-b-que scenes.  Not limited to Boo Hole scares.  Leatherface was aggressive and nervous as portrayed in the film.  One scene included a walk along the gas station/bbq that was developed to appear as if you were outside on a moonlit night.  Very surreal.

• Like 1

I may have a small bias in favor of the original TCM since it is one of my favorite horror films.  However,  I do take into account two things that I look for when rating my maze experiences:  repeatability and retainability.  We go to the event once a year so we hit each maze once; those that we find that were exceptional get repeated to see if it the property is consistent in quality.  The mazes that stand out are ones I can clearly remember specifics .  Saw is the Law had interactive characters that would converse with each other and guests during the dining and bar-b-que scenes.  Not limited to Boo Hole scares.  Leatherface was aggressive and nervous as portrayed in the film.  One scene included a walk along the gas station/bbq that was developed to appear as if you were outside on a moonlit night.  Very surreal.

See that's the problem I had the outside scene in Saw Is The Law did the opposite for me it felt and looked like I was walking in a room where the walls were painted black with fake foliage super glued to said wall and not enough, and most of the Leatherfaces were just standing there except for the one in the bone room who got in the conga line with us and held onto my friends back pack into the next room (the one who broke character). 

On contrast in 2007 and 2008 BIB as well as Camp Blood did excellent jobs of giving the illusion of being outside. BIB had a heavy sense of dread before you even walked in I have a strong nostalgic memories of hearing the saws and screaming going down the escalator and the classic "eeeeeeewhuuuuuu" TCM noise. This is one of the mazes that I do not remember seeing a boo hole outside the metal door. I feel that the Hewitt version of LF was most intense one and intimidating one tbh so when the line would stop and there was a 7 foot LF standing there you would straight up not want to be next him and he would play of of that instead of just waiting to reset, like mentioned the dinner scene with grandpa was intense, the actors playing Sheriff Hewitt were great and provided some comic reliefe with the sh*t he would talk to you. The Old Lady was great and on point with her character we asked her what was for dinner each time we went in and she always had a witting response. The Sheet maze I feared for my life, I felt like I was extremely close to actually getting hit with a mallet in another room and the slaughter house was by far the best room ever done IMO.

• Like 2

^^Nice summary...would love to see Back in Business brought back just to compare with the original.  Ah, but look forward to what is actually occurring this year and already started my "homework" by watching Halloween and This is the End again on Bluray.

I've been trying to do this but so far the only movie I haven't seen yet is Insidious 3 (and Crimson Peak of course) but you can't find it anywhere. It comes out on DVD after I will be attending and its not in theaters anymore.

I've been trying to do this but so far the only movie I haven't seen yet is Insidious 3 (and Crimson Peak of course) but you can't find it anywhere. It comes out on DVD after I will be attending and its not in theaters anymore.

Had a chance to see Insidious 3 the day before it ended its run in our area.  High anticipation for this maze as I thought it was the best maze during the 2013 event.  The new scenes should be intriguing.  Have no desire to revisit Aliens vs Predator on film, though.  The maze should still be great.

Had a chance to see Insidious 3 the day before it ended its run in our area.  High anticipation for this maze as I thought it was the best maze during the 2013 event.  The new scenes should be intriguing.  Have no desire to revisit Aliens vs Predator on film, though.  The maze should still be great.

I'm gonna go in the avp maze because I'm going with my friend for the first time.