Halloween Horror Nights Hollywood 2015 Event Discussion

Just watched a couple of maze walk-thrus from 2012. I remember us complaining a bit about the lackluster line-up. Compare it to ours this year, and here's we got vs. what we should get.

2012:

-6 Mazes.

-1 Overlay (Remix)

-1 Repeat (With a few new scenes) [La Llorona]

-2 brand new mazes [TWD and SH]

-2 returning themes with different look/layout. One being a crappy last-minute replacement. [TCM & AC:GTH]

-Terror Tram

2015:

-6 mazes.

-2 brand-new themes [Crimson Peak, TITE]

-Complete Repeat [AVP]

-3 returning themes with different look/layout [Insidious, Halloween, and TWD]

-Potentially good Terror Tram?

I expect this year to be even better than 2012 and certainly 2013, at least as far as house content goes. I think this year could surprise us.

• Like 2

Just watched a couple of maze walk-thrus from 2012. I remember us complaining a bit about the lackluster line-up. Compare it to ours this year, and here's we got vs. what we should get.

2012:

-6 Mazes.

-1 Overlay (Remix)

-1 Repeat (With a few new scenes) [La Llorona]

-2 brand new mazes [TWD and SH]

-2 returning themes with different look/layout. One being a crappy last-minute replacement. [TCM & AC:GTH]

-Terror Tram

2015:

-6 mazes.

-2 brand-new themes [Crimson Peak, TITE]

-Complete Repeat [AVP]

-3 returning themes with different look/layout [Insidious, Halloween, and TWD]

-Potentially good Terror Tram?

I expect this year to be even better than 2012 and certainly 2013, at least as far as house content goes. I think this year could surprise us.

I'm actually excited because I think this year is going to take us all by surprise. I think we're expecting something mediocre but will get something great

• Like 1

Heard some rumblings about this year. Despite the disappointung line-up, we're in for a surprise. They're finally changing things up in the mazes. There should be a mix of old and new tricks and scare tactics. No longer will it just be some guy running out of a door. I'll leave it at that.

Also, Terror Tram will have an entirely different approach than usual. From the rumblings I heard, I may keep my flame thrower at home. :)

It sounds like this year, they heard our complaints about monotonus gags and plain walls in the mazes as well as the Tram and are addressing them this year. Sounds like they're going for quality > quantity. 

Even though I can't be there opening weekend, I'm getting excited. 

• Like 2

What does this mean? What do you mean, "different approach?" So many questions left unanswered!

Different approach as in a bit more theatrical. I'll let you wait and see when the event starts how it will play out. 

I will say that its going to suck for all of you going to EP. Construction is REALLY behind. Everything might, again MIGHT, be barely ready for opening night, let alone EP. TITE and TWD is still mostly plywood walls, from what I hear. Don't even get me started on Terror Tram. 

Different approach as in a bit more theatrical. I'll let you wait and see when the event starts how it will play out. 

I will say that its going to suck for all of you going to EP. Construction is REALLY behind. Everything might, again MIGHT, be barely ready for opening night, let alone EP. TITE and TWD is still mostly plywood walls, from what I hear. Don't even get me started on Terror Tram. 

Pretty worried now since I'll most likely be attending one of the first two days.. With some friends who have never been to the event. Hope everything works out with construction.

It'll be fine. They're always ready by opening night. They build right up until the moment guests are let in. I've never seen a maze incomplete on opening weekend to come back later in the run to see it "more complete." Now, I've seen mazes that looked incomplete and came back later in the run to find out that's what they were intended to look like, but that's a different story. And as always, they do tweak and change things for the better later in the run, but usually nothing to do with scenic. If you want your friend to have the best Horror Nights experience where scares are fully fleshed out and the performers are more on their game, all the kinks have been worked out, etc., I suggest waiting about 3 weeks. However, since I go more than once, I like to see the tweaks and changes they made.

• Like 2

Well I still argue Saw is the Law  was complete sh*t it may be because this was a last minute replacement and I was able to go through the first TCM maze "Back In Business" which I can still say has not been dethroned as of yet. 

But I liked Silent Hill for what it's worth though not a lot of people did but none of that was due to it being done on time or not at least in my opinion 

• Like 2

Well I still argue Saw is the Law  was complete sh*t it may be because this was a last minute replacement and I was able to go through the first TCM maze "Back In Business" which I can still say has not been dethroned as of yet. 

But I liked Silent Hill for what it's worth though not a lot of people did but none of that was due to it being done on time or not at least in my opinion 

My memory of Tcm in 2012 is a little hazy so maybe it was total crap, but I can't exactly relate to your argument since I began going in 2012

I know, Back In Business must sound like a legend to these people. Sad thing is, there's no decent video of it to prove how terrifying it was. I really wish I could relive that maze...

I think the original TCM deserves to be done again one more time in the near future like Halloween. It was so awful that it deserves to be done justice. 

I disagree. Bring back Back In Business!!!!! #onemoretime!

• Like 1