2014 Scareactor Locations (Hollywood)

I enjoyed scare academy as well! It was interesting to see the different types of people, young and old.

Listening to John Murdy describe the event was super cool, and yeah same it feels cool knowing insider info. He's also really good in my opinion at motivating the cast to perform well by saying how much he appreciates and needs us for his ideas to excel.

From what he described, I'm pretty excited! There's quite a few amazing surprises in store!

I think I saw you, if you were in one of the very front rows with a snapback. Wasn't totally sure, plus I was concentrating really hard on not freezing.

I just emailed Staffing about being switched from TT into Pool because I'm carpooling with people who are in mazes and I don't want to be stuck sitting around and waiting for them for hours every night. We'll see what happens.

Not sure staffing handles that stuff. You're better off talking to Scott when you see him.

When's everyone's rehearsal dates? Mine is on the 15th, the day before employee preview night, which makes me a bit nervous because it's going to be such a quick turnaround from training to being actually on set with real people!

What can we expect for a streets position during the rehearsal? I'm in a weird position because I'm one of a cast of only 5 burned walkers at the tram loading station, but they have us considered as part of "Scarezone 1" which is mostly the Purgers. I'm wondering how the supervision team is going to handle both training and supervising a cast of only 5 walkers at the bottom of that escalator who are vastly outnumbered by the Purgers near the main gate.

• Like 1

When's everyone's rehearsal dates? Mine is on the 15th, the day before employee preview night, which makes me a bit nervous because it's going to be such a quick turnaround from training to being actually on set with real people!

What can we expect for a streets position during the rehearsal? I'm in a weird position because I'm one of a cast of only 5 burned walkers at the tram loading station, but they have us considered as part of "Scarezone 1" which is mostly the Purgers. I'm wondering how the supervision team is going to handle both training and supervising a cast of only 5 walkers at the bottom of that escalator who are vastly outnumbered by the Purgers near the main gate.

Rehearsals from the streets is pretty basic. Get used to your area and scope everything out. My supervisors have done it one way in the past but i'm not sure if everyone does it that way. Its just a little more broad than a maze so to say. From my past we used to have tram loading walkers and my supervisors would check in on them ever so often to see if they had everything they needed. But they would meet up with us before the event and then after tram ends but it could have changed and I was usually busy upstairs in the street

I was up in that section all night

Quick question for all you actors here - do you all look for the Nightmares shirts? I know in Orlando, there was quite a response when we wore them.

Also, thank you in advance for the awesome job you all do. It sucks that people are assholes to you - I hope it helps to know there are more of us who appreciate the hard work you do than those who would harass or harm you. (btw, if I saw someone doing that to an actor, the guy would be going home with one nut less).

• Like 1

I haven't posted in ... forever! I'll be at the parks, not as an SA but will be frequenting as a makeup artist. Congrats and good luck to all who have been cast, know their roles and are gearing up for next week/this week! Has any type of "call" or nicknames been established here on the boards for people to yell out to SAs?

Anyhoo, looking forward to seeing many of you!

Some guests are assholes though in the Times I went last year I remember a scareactor in insidious getting slapped the dude who played El Cucuy in the hallway full of missing children posters got slammed on the wall by a guest who pushed his face... must be hard to deal with that type of shit.

To be honest, I think it's harder as a spectator/guest/friend of SAs, etc watching guests being jerks and pretty much unable to do anything about it. But, coming from an SA (not at HHN but all parks have the same guest issues), you learn to take out your frustration on the butt-hole guests on the unsuspecting victims lurking far behind, or you learn to bask in the awesomeness of a great scare and very quickly forget the jerks, as annoying as they are, 75% are genuine "I'm scared and this is my defense mechanism", 10% are accidents (the backhands, the ones who scream and slam into you, hit you, etc), and 15% are the jerks who do it because they're drunk, annoying, drunk AND annoying, or doing it for some kind of response.

Also, someone asked where people drive from to get to HHN: I live 8 minutes down the street from Uni :)