2014 Scareactor Locations (Hollywood)

That's probably the coolest job to be in, I think. AVP would be my last pick, because I figured it'd be all puppetry work, but to have a human role in it is great. To be in the most anticipated maze of the decade, on the backlot, in SS747.

• Like 1

When I first figured AVP was a likely maze, I said my dream role (realistically, I am not built like a Predator) would be to have a chestburster and/or facehugger. Even as a victim role, that's pretty freaking cool. The chestburster is one of the most iconic images in all of horror. The facehugger is close behind. They were designed by the late and great HR Giger, one of the most influential artists in the dark art world. I was in serious shock when I found out and I can't be more honored.

• Like 5

When I first figured AVP was a likely maze, I said my dream role (realistically, I am not built like a Predator) would be to have a chestburster and/or facehugger. Even as a victim role, that's pretty freaking cool. The chestburster is one of the most iconic images in all of horror. The facehugger is close behind. They were designed by the late and great HR Giger, one of the most influential artists in the dark art world. I was in serious shock when I found out and I can't be more honored.

If I ask you (In maze) "What you'd have" I fully expect you to answer "The Special" at which I will yell "Check Please!"

• Like 2

Hey everyone, I'm new to posting but have been reading the forums over the summer!

This year was my first time auditioning and I'm going to be a burned walker at the tram loading area. Originally, I wanted to have a maze position (I like the maze environment and would have loved to get an actor-activated trigger position) but I think I'll have a lot of fun doing this role! Does anybody have any insight they'd like to offer on how street positions are?

• Like 2

^I don't know anything about being a scareactor but that sounds fun. It sounds like getting street treatment albeit without much of the freedom, but without the hassle and possible harassment of guests, and the traffic of the Terror Tram without being in the middle of nowhere surrounded by dust and what seems to be an unpleasant place to work (but I really don't have the experience to be for sure). Good luck this year :)

What's a blackout role?

You're hidden, usually controlling a puppet.

And though there's a lot of blackouts this year, I know of a few things in AVP that will be performed by an actually actor. Not all puppets.

A lot of people are off their guard in that area since it doesn't actually seem like a place they'd get scared at.

I've done one street-like area and people are fairly rude. But it's actually really fun 'cause you're super up close and personal. I'd like it more if I was a bigger person. Lol.

Edited by Kurseddragon

Is harassment by guests really an issue? How do scareactors deal with that on the streets?

From what i see, some guests can't handle the experience and usually cuss and yell at the scare actors which is always in the scare zones.......i haven't seen anything too physical but from what i understand there is a no touching policy

Is harassment by guests really an issue? How do scareactors deal with that on the streets?

Drunk people are kinda terrible. Or just regular assholes... I was just walking from break room to set through a street and some guy uses my pumpkin head as a drum and just walks away. Not that it's that bad, but it's really annoying. And if some people are so willing to just break the the policy, then it can escalate pretty quickly. Also a LOT of people sticking their hands inside a cage just to try and make contact.

Though I assume most of the physical "damage" comes from people's reactions of being scared.