2014 Scareactor Locations (Hollywood)

I mean it's Halloween after all, I guess difficult people are just part of night's work. And I'm sure there are staff present to watch out and protect the scareactors?

Anyways, I'm super excited; I'm just counting down the days now. From what they hinted at during orientation, this year looks to be pretty great. I just hope that I am somehow able to see the mazes during the event! I don't want to miss out on that just because I'm working it. Hopefully my supervisors and doubles are willing to work things out.

I mean it's Halloween after all, I guess difficult people are just part of night's work. And I'm sure there are staff present to watch out and protect the scareactors?

Anyways, I'm super excited; I'm just counting down the days now. From what they hinted at during orientation, this year looks to be pretty great. I just hope that I am somehow able to see the mazes during the event! I don't want to miss out on that just because I'm working it. Hopefully my supervisors and doubles are willing to work things out.

If you're on Tram (tram loading counts as Tram), you'll be finishing at least two hours before the park closes because tram stops operating at midnight. You'll be able to see everything.

People can even be assholes inside of a maze. When I was going through El Cucuy on closing night last year a guy who looked to be 16-17 tried to start a fight with the clown el Cucuy outside of the child's birthday party.

Well... Could have always been another scareactor walking through. LOL.

Sounds like something we'd do. ;D

We were jerks to each other. I threw sugar at people's faces and others tried to "ball tap." They'd grab people and throw them around.

But again, it could've been a guest too.

Some guests are assholes though in the Times I went last year I remember a scareactor in insidious getting slapped the dude who played El Cucuy in the hallway full of missing children posters got slammed on the wall by a guest who pushed his face... must be hard to deal with that type of shit.

Hey everyone, I'm new to posting but have been reading the forums over the summer!

This year was my first time auditioning and I'm going to be a burned walker at the tram loading area. Originally, I wanted to have a maze position (I like the maze environment and would have loved to get an actor-activated trigger position) but I think I'll have a lot of fun doing this role! Does anybody have any insight they'd like to offer on how street positions are?

welcome to the forums and I will get you hooked up with your scareactor title!

Back to Walker roots!

Awh, I was hoping that I'd be able to work the whole event; more hours of scaring and of pay. I thought I read somewhere that after the terror tram closes the scare actors are relocated elsewhere. But oh well! At least I'd be able to see more of the event as if a guest.

By the way, what does it take to audition? Do you need acting experience? I'm not old enough yet but I'd like to try eventually.

I tried to be unique in my audition. When they told everyone to die one by one, everyone before me died by either stabbing/shooting themselves or being killed by a slasher or something. I acted like I was being mauled by a dog!

• Like 1

Damn, looks like Leonardo DiCaprio's chances are squashed.

But in all seriousness, can someone who's never done any acting outside of school projects have a fair shot at being a scareactor?

I have no acting experience at all! Like I said before, I just tried to be unique. And don't be afraid, don't hold back with your energy. I felt silly when they asked us to transform into a monster. I gave it my all because I believed that silly is still memorable (as long as you're following the casting crew's direction).

• Like 2

I have no acting experience at all! Like I said before, I just tried to be unique. And don't be afraid, don't hold back with your energy. I felt silly when they asked us to transform into a monster. I gave it my all because I believed that silly is still memorable (as long as you're following the casting crew's direction).

How many different scenarios do you have to act out?

Damn, looks like Leonardo DiCaprio's chances are squashed.

But in all seriousness, can someone who's never done any acting outside of school projects have a fair shot at being a scareactor?

I have no acting experience either. As long as your aggressive while being able to control your body (not running into any of the others auditioning) and take direction well you have a fair shot at being cast.

Awh, I was hoping that I'd be able to work the whole event; more hours of scaring and of pay. I thought I read somewhere that after the terror tram closes the scare actors are relocated elsewhere. But oh well! At least I'd be able to see more of the event as if a guest.

You can ask to be relocated after Tram finishes, but you might not be. I'm going to try for that too.

TT 1 or TT2? Your casting sheet should say which. I'm 2.

Tram definitely has a lot of actors. :o

I'll be at Scare Academy on Friday as well (Wish it was Friday so I could doing something HHN-related and it would also mean I have no school).

Yo, guys, this full time school in the morning to afternoon and HHN at night is like, the worst idea I've ever had. I get 3-5 hours of sleep max on Monday mornings.

Tram definitely has a lot of actors. :o

I'll be at Scare Academy on Friday as well (Wish it was Friday so I could doing something HHN-related and it would also mean I have no school).

Yo, guys, this full time school in the morning to afternoon and HHN at night is like, the worst idea I've ever had. I get 3-5 hours of sleep max on Monday mornings.

I know that feel, man. 2012 and 2013, I had full-time classes at 8 am on Monday mornings. This year, I have class Friday and Monday mornings at 7 am. During our four-day weekends, I'm going to be living on coffee and the tears of the teenage girls at HHN. Terrible.

It's almost Friday!

Edited by kingundisputed_
  • Like 1