Bayou of Blood

JDW

I've seen random comments that they're working on the timing for it. I hope that's true so I can see it in a couple of weeks. Haven't watched any videos of it so I have no opinion wether it was controversial, though I probably believe the crowd flow issue. The besides Death Drums, which most people walked past, the last show in that area was in 2007, which was before the parade building and The Simpsons was built so I imagine too much traffic blocked by the crowds watching the sacrifice.

ok anyone so offended by whats happening over seas needs to never leave their house. its so silly. Uni saying its a "creative decision". In the below article they say nothing about WHY?

Its turning into Universal Not-So-Horror Nights... Yeah I'm butthurt I don't get to go until 10/2 so I will have missed this, but if they balk at this to please the "PC crowd" that shameful (PC police are never totally happy anyway). This event is about one thing.... horror. Now its turning to horror and making sure everyone is at ease. Ugh

Still cant wait to go though!!!!! Houses will still be excellent. Im going to pretend I didnt read that stuff about covered cleavage.... :)

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/travel/attractions/theme-park-rangers-blog/os-universal-human-sacrifice-scare-zone-20140929-post.html

• Like 1

ok anyone so offended by whats happening over seas needs to never leave their house. its so silly. Uni saying its a "creative decision". In the below article they say nothing about WHY?

Its turning into Universal Not-So-Horror Nights... Yeah I'm butthurt I don't get to go until 10/2 so I will have missed this, but if they balk at this to please the "PC crowd" that shameful (PC police are never totally happy anyway). This event is about one thing.... horror. Now its turning to horror and making sure everyone is at ease. Ugh

Still cant wait to go though!!!!! Houses will still be excellent. Im going to pretend I didnt read that stuff about covered cleavage.... :)

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/travel/attractions/theme-park-rangers-blog/os-universal-human-sacrifice-scare-zone-20140929-post.html

more like halloween pleasant nights hahahaha

• Like 3

If you notice they never say it had anything to do with ISIS. HOS did remove elements bc of that.

Not that Universal hasn't done this in the past. HHN 11 had no blood. Everything was green goo.

Universal did it becuase of the congestion it was causing in the area. They may have had complaints as well (they always do) but, from what I gather, it was just because the area was too crowded.

If you notice they never say it had anything to do with ISIS. HOS did remove elements bc of that.

Not that universal hasn't done this in the past. HHN 11 had no blood. Everything was green goo.

Universal did it becuase of the congestion it was causing in the area. They may have had complaints as well (they always do) but, from what I gather, it was just because the area was too crowded.

Couldn't they move the show into that alley next to the Horror Makeup theater? I know they can't move the hut but maybe move the show over in there. And when their done they can wheel the guy behind the employee gate.

Couldn't they move the show into that alley next to the Horror Makeup theater? I know they can't move the hut but maybe move the show over in there. And when their done they can wheel the guy behind the employee gate.

You mean the Esoteric gate? They would have to build a stage before the event every night because that gate is used during the day. It won't happen.

Had to pop in with some thoughts. I posted this to an HHN group on FB:

I have seen the following reasons: complaints, congestion, or the show running longer than was anticipated.

The show did not get a "dress rehearsal" since it was not done on opening night. This lends credence to the show running longer than anticipated.

I had originally considered "safety and congestion" as an excuse to deflect the issue, but have since changed my mind.

Our first thought is: They've had stage shows there before and even had a stage there at RTU this year with now traffic flow problems. This is true, but... They haven't had construction walls blocking the lagoon walkways previously. The small section of walled off area dramatically changes the flow of the park. It cuts off an entire alternative pathway. It really could be safety and congestion.

Add all of the items together, and the show has 3 strikes against it. (While I think the complaints are foolish, Universal has to listen to all voices so I included the complaints as a strike.)

And the thought that popped into my head after I posted that:

"Start watching the permits more."

Rumors have been swirling for months that more construction changes are coming. This "creative decision" may indeed be due to safety and congestion.

So how has this area been? Sorry I won't be down for another week and am very curious about all the changes in the area. Sad the show has been cancelled but thankful it is on YouTube. Does the Queen enter the hut and yell at people from up there? Is there music in the area now? More actors? Has it improved?

From what I've gathered, it's getting a little worse. While I'm unsure about the music part, the queen stays on the ground and the actors don't scare very well, and there's not more than before. I definitely had a good time when I went, so I'm sad to see these lackluster reviews coming in