Bayou of Blood

JDW

I haven't spent too much time in this zone, but over the weekend I felt like some of the queen's followers seemed a bit too plain. Some were just dressed in normal looking cloths with skulls in their hands.

I thankfully didn't see anyone like that. they were all decked out. Granted I only went through twice and both times was before opening.

I went thorugh on my way out on saturday and they were walking around in your face. In fact I had taken my last two feet and attatched them to my lanyard. One of the voodoo girls saw them, Gave this blood curdling smile and held up her necklace that had like 10-20 on it. I thought that was awesome. there is one scareactor (who is a great scareactor BTW) who just doesn't fit in the area and he has been their both times. Seems like just bad casting. I mean if you want an old white dude their, at least paint him up with a skull or something.

I really want to see the full effect in this area. I haven't had a chance.

I know which guy you are talking about. That was the most notable thing of the scare zone for me; he seemed way out of place.

This zone is not completely terrible, but comparing it to other zones in this area... it is the weakest one. Even the Traditionals in 2012 were more fun when they would go in here.
The stage is really wonderful and the decoration in this area is great but, it feels more empty than the Walker zone did last year.

Edited by clash

I think one of the biggest faults of this zone is the lack of ambiance. The zone totally lacks music and has little to nothing in the way of background sound effects, leaving it totally up to the actors. You can't take music and sound effects out of any zone or house and maintain its effectiveness even if the actors stay on point.

Well, this zone has been greatly improved this week. Not only have they added ambient sound to the background, they've got more actors so they can stretch the length through the entirety of Central Park and into the circle in front of Mel's. They've even added some of their oil drum piles (painted with skeletons and such) to the Mel's circle to give the actors some places to hide.

I asked two techs, both told me "All I know is that they haven't done any sacrifices tonight" and I asked them if there's ever going to be anymore, I think they were playing dumb and said they didn't know and hadn't heard anything. But maybe it will come back. Someone told us they aren't letting them do anymore sacrifices and told us to go complain about it hahaha

That's not why they're not doing it anymore.

Supposedly the show took longer than Operations wanted it to (five minutes), and it was causing a massive bottle-neck in a main corridor of the park. As a friend said, "HHN is officially too big for the good ideas."

• Like 3

If they are cutting the sacrifice show, I really hope at least they double on the actors in this area... that's the least they could do. I mean, they probably, most likely won't do it,
but it would be really nice if they added a lot more actors instead. I think I would rather have double the cast than have the show to be honest

Heck just have the lady up there screaming all night. I'm sorry I fail to see how they can't cut the show down to 5 min. Have her up their doing her thing all night like the in POTW, containment,uh... the Alice one (I drew a blank)

Then periodically they bring a dude up on stage cut out his guts.. and go back to her speaking in tongues or whatever.

• Like 3

So I won't be down till Oct 15 but what I am understanding is that Bayou is getting better and worse at the same time? It is getting more actors and ambiance music and sounds while losing the sacrifice show? If the actors and ambiance is significant enough then I guess I am overall okay with this trade off however it is disappointing if the show really does have to sacrifice itself.

So I won't be down till Oct 15 but what I am understanding is that Bayou is getting better and worse at the same time? It is getting more actors and ambiance music and sounds while losing the sacrifice show? If the actors and ambiance is significant enough then I guess I am overall okay with this trade off however it is disappointing if the show really does have to sacrifice itself.

I do appreciate the pun whether it was intentional or not xD but that is looking like the case sadly. But the sacrifice will live forever on Youtube so it's not all that bad :)

I do appreciate the pun whether it was intentional or not xD but that is looking like the case sadly. But the sacrifice will live forever on Youtube so it's not all that bad :)

Hehe I am glad you enjoyed that. ;) But yes thankfully got to see it on YouTube, I feel bad for the actress of the Queen she seems really into it so she is probably really disappointed. But are we getting enough actors and ambiance music/sounds to compensate for the show?

• Like 1

Is it true that the dancers have their cleavage covered in FDTD as well? Anyone want to do an online petition saying the ticket prices are "too intense" or "offensive"? LoL

They weren't covered up when I went through the two times.

I'm REALLY let down. I wanted this SZ to be amazing and I'm just... disappointed. I mean it looked soooo cool. But that's it.

• Like 2