Bayou of Blood

JDW

Guest kiwisoup

At Halloween Horror Nights VII: Frightmares in 1997 there was a house, Tombs of Terror in the Earthquake queue that was set in Louisiana and touched a bit on Voodoo, but not much.

A full blown Voodoo house was originally planned for halloween Horror Nights 15: Tales of Terror in 2005. It was to have been in a Sound Stage. Then the plans to have the house, Blood Rituals in the Dueling Dragons queue area fell through as Operations wanted that ride open during the event. So the Voodoo house was scrapped and Blood Rituals was moved into the Sound Stage.

I love hearing information like this. I wish there was a good thread full of tidbits on things that were scrapped or changed last minute...things that never saw the light of day, etc.

If you loved CP in '08 you're gonna love it this year too ;)

The trees are illuminated with candles, voodoo practitioners fill the snake and spider-infested bayou, and the alter is set, as the legendary ‘Mamba’ prepares to flood the bayou with blood.

I heard a rumor that, in this scare zone, they will be testing out a potential icon for an upcoming year. That description of "Mamba" leads me to believe that he/she may be the potential icon I heard whisperings about.

Also was told the activities on the altar will be quite graphic and gory, just another way Uni is making their return to gore this year and I'm loving it.

Mamba is a she.

Mambo is the word for a Vodou Priestess, mamba is a type of deadly poisonous snake.

Thus they are using Mamba as the name for the Voodoo Queen in this zone. My guess is she would be a priestess of the God, Damballa - the Vodou God of the Sky often personified as a Serpent.

Interestingly enough, Rot has seen the witch jars and made a sarcastic comment.

I mean he was cool with it but he knew they jars were inspired by his.

Me I love it. I will never see his haunt in person and to see Universal use his ideas I think is great. Heck Universal should hire him on to design a house or scarezone one year. His work is so sublimely creepy.

OOH! Pumkin Rot ICON. That would be awesome.

• Like 1

Is it just me or does this zone barely have any actors? barely feels like there is anyone in the zone, I saw a couple of women walking around and then the stilt walkers near the stage but that's it. What's the deal with that? Why does it feel so empty?

Edited by clash

Is it just me or does this zone barely have any actors? barely feels like there is anyone in the zone, I saw a couple of women walking around and then the stilt walkers near the stage but that's it. What's the deal with that? Why does it feel so empty?

I noticed that around the times they are getting ready to do the "sacrifice" all the actors are near the stage, the show itself is pretty interesting and the actors have a ton of enthusiasm and interact really well with the crowd. I enjoyed seeing it. The rest of the time the zone seems plenty full to me.

I noticed that around the times they are getting ready to do the "sacrifice" all the actors are near the stage, the show itself is pretty interesting and the actors have a ton of enthusiasm and interact really well with the crowd. I enjoyed seeing it. The rest of the time the zone seems plenty full to me.

I JUST missed it tonight. If I don't see it at least once, I will be a sad camper.

• Like 1

The couple of times I passed by (different hours) there was nothing going on in the stage but I wonder if the show was about to start or what because the zone just feels very empty of actors

The zone felt like there were a lot of people near the edges, but not much in the middle. There were quite a few people, however

I went thorugh on my way out on saturday and they were walking around in your face. In fact I had taken my last two feet and attatched them to my lanyard. One of the voodoo girls saw them, Gave this blood curdling smile and held up her necklace that had like 10-20 on it. I thought that was awesome. there is one scareactor (who is a great scareactor BTW) who just doesn't fit in the area and he has been their both times. Seems like just bad casting. I mean if you want an old white dude their, at least paint him up with a skull or something.

I really want to see the full effect in this area. I haven't had a chance.

• Like 1