Halloween

JDW

park security can be horrible sometimes. even if you raised hell they would just simply kick you out. one thing i have noticed about some of the security is that they will act like you are guilty of whatever it is they think you are guilty of. even if you didnt do anything or it was a misunderstanding. i know their job must not be easy dealing with drunks and people attacking the actors and all that but still.

• 2 weeks later...

park security can be horrible sometimes. even if you raised hell they would just simply kick you out. one thing i have noticed about some of the security is that they will act like you are guilty of whatever it is they think you are guilty of. even if you didnt do anything or it was a misunderstanding. i know their job must not be easy dealing with drunks and people attacking the actors and all that but still.

The security brought in for HHN is an outside contractor from what I understand, rather than regular Universal security. By and large they're not very professional (they have little in the way of training and are mostly disposable drones) and serve as little more than a harassing presence at the gates.

They certainly haven't stopped contraband from getting in or violence from occurring. After having attended multiple Halloween events this year (including Howl-O-Scream, Cedar Point's HalloWeekends, and a number of local haunts in Florida, Ohio, and Michigan) I've come to the conclusion that HHN Orlando not only has the toughest security but the worst environment when it comes to violence and drug usage. Literally no event or haunt I've attended has had such hostility from the guests, nor have they had the massive security presence. This is the only event that's had metal detectors, for instance, and Cedar Point doesn't even bother with bag checks.

Did this house for the 4th time Friday night and I've got to admit it was one of the most intense runs I've ever had in a house. I don't really get scared, but I felt the intensity of all the actors, and both my friends were about ready to pee themselves. The same way some people seem to get lower to the ground the more terrified they are, both my friends were holding each other crouched down to the floor throughout most of the house. My first couple runs didn't really lend themselves to me agreeing with the highly held opinions of others, but after Friday night I can say that this is one of the best houses I've ever been in.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

OK here's some cool shit that happened during my last two runs on Saturday night:

Going through during the day was pretty cool since I had no one in front of me and my group received every scare. Ambiance of the dark was missing, but the timing was spectacular. Also had a chance to take in all the details. Everything about this house was so well done.

Later that night, I went in during the last 10 minutes. I watched the light show for the final time, which left me alone for half the house. During the scene where Michael stabs the guy to the wall, I encountered a PERFECT strobe effect. After he stabbed the wall, the lights went off, then strobed back on and Myers was IN MY FACE WITH THE KNIFE. Holy shit the knife wasn't but an inch to my eyeballs.

Going back to being alone for half the house...I really wanted to be alone the entire run. However, the reason I caught the line was because the Michael Myers that pops out through the "sheet ghost" actually GRABBED A GIRL AND TOOK HER BACK WITH HIM! I'm sure he knew her--or she worked at Universal--but it was awesome! Her friend wasn't in on it, because she was standing alone in the corridor with her hands to her mouth saying "What do I do?" Anyways, really cool seeing some closing night surprises on my last time through my favorite HHN house.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

This house finished out my top three. Though I have never seen any of the movies (I know, spare me) this house was so in depth I felt like I maybe knew what was going on. Saying that, this is the only house this year that I went alone through. (Big deal, I am a baby when I get scared). I felt like he was everywhere, everywhere I looked he was coming out of. I was in front of a big group of people, and you can sense them behind you, well I stopped sensing them and looked behind me to see why. Sure enough, Michael was following me down the hallway. I swear I ran faster than I knew was possible. It was a phenomenal experience and I hope everyone got scared well.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This has been bugging me since I attended HHN 24 and was wondering if anyone could shed some light on it for me. I was wondering if Universal made their Myers masks from scratch, because, at least to me, they looked like modified Trick or Treat Studios H2 masks. Does anybody here know for sure?

Edited by YouDontKnowJack
  • Like 1

This has been bugging me since I attended HHN 24 and was wondering if anyone could shed some light on it for me. I was wondering if Universal made their Myers masks from scratch, because, at least to me, they looked like modified Trick or Treat Studios H2 masks. Does anybody here know for sure?

Doubt anyone knows, but my guess is they purchased them since they had the rights to the movie.

• Mark M. unpinned this topic
  • 8 months later...
On 12/8/2015 at 1:22 PM, criticalanalysis said:

Doubt anyone knows, but my guess is they purchased them since they had the rights to the movie.

What I think is that they purchase the Trick or Treat studios masks and they basically just add touches to the mask they want to have to make it look fresh, because the only mask Trick Or Treat studios made was the mask from Part 2 which was the original mask aged and stained because Debra Hill had the kept the mask for so long, anyways, I think they also just painted the mask exactly how the original one once did the original film, there was behind the scenes picture that you see of a line of Michael Myers masks and it looks they were sitting to dry out after being painted it seems, so they do purchase the masks to make them better than what they usually are and a little more lasting for the scareactor to wear as well. :)

• Mark M. changed the title to Halloween