Halloween

JDW

i envy all of you!!!! I went thru a Halloween maze at my first HHN in 2009 in Hollywood and it was amazing

I agree. You guys are going to love it. I'm looking forward to seeing what your event does. Murdy did an amazing job designing Halloween over where I am. Easily in my top five HHN houses of all time.

I agree. You guys are going to love it. I'm looking forward to seeing what your event does. Murdy did an amazing job designing Halloween over where I am. Easily in my top five HHN houses of all time.

Its also in my Top 5......im surprised that Nightmare on Elm Street, Friday The 13th, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, SAW, House of 1000 Corpses and Walking Dead got more repeats for HALLOWEEN horror nights than the movie HALLOWEEN.........seems bass ackwards

• Like 1

Here's my take on the house:

The line will be layered in front of the Myers House facade, with the famous "Halloween Theme Song" track playing from the movies. At the end of the line, you will enter the maze through the facade, so it's like as you are entering the maze, you are entering the infamous Myers house, where we will have to survive the crazed lunatic Michael himself.

We have been given no pictures from the inside of the maze yet, so we won't know what scenes we will have to make our way through quite yet. However, my guess is that since it is a sprung tent, this maze is going to be very claustrophobic and small. Probably pretty dark, with a lot of strobe, where Michael Myers will literally be in your face. It will probably be loud with screams and thunder.

The scenes we will see? We don't know yet but my guess is we will be seeing a lot of scenes from inside the house, and a lot of the killing scenes. Not to mention, lots of hallways where we will probably be followed...

Guest kiwisoup

Here's my take on the house:

The line will be layered in front of the Myers House facade, with the famous "Halloween Theme Song" track playing from the movies. At the end of the line, you will enter the maze through the facade, so it's like as you are entering the maze, you are entering the infamous Myers house, where we will have to survive the crazed lunatic Michael himself.

We have been given no pictures from the inside of the maze yet, so we won't know what scenes we will have to make our way through quite yet. However, my guess is that since it is a sprung tent, this maze is going to be very claustrophobic and small. Probably pretty dark, with a lot of strobe, where Michael Myers will literally be in your face. It will probably be loud with screams and thunder.

The scenes we will see? We don't know yet but my guess is we will be seeing a lot of scenes from inside the house, and a lot of the killing scenes. Not to mention, lots of hallways where we will probably be followed...

Your take? You pretty much just wrote a synopsis of the Hollywood house...

I guess that makes sense in a way. Young Michael used the side (or back) entrance in the beginning of the movie. I'm guessing we will immediately enter the kitchen and see the washing machine and the open drawer with the knife missing.

• Like 1

I could see us going through the facade but it would be wierd not actualy going into the maze. Now if we go through the side of the house it would be just as odd because I'd be doubtful they'll build a side facade, rather you would see the back of the myers house. Either way this house is going to be amazing and i have no worries if we go around the facade.

Well they are going all out with the facade. I wouldn't be surprised if we went through the side, as you can see they are building this facade from all sides. (Except currently the back) Maybe we'll go through the side and then make a right after the kitchen into the actual maze. We'll see, this maze will be awesome

• Like 1

I guess that makes sense in a way. Young Michael used the side (or back) entrance in the beginning of the movie. I'm guessing we will immediately enter the kitchen and see the washing machine and the open drawer with the knife missing.

Wow. I never thought of this! That would actually be really cool if they did this.

So I did an in-depth, quick 4 minutes of web researching, and it looks HalloweenMovies.com, the source of the leak, is owned by Compass International Pictures, a defunct company now owned by Trancas International Films, Inc. They own the rights to Halloween 1, 4, and 5. So it looks like the rights holders were ready to announce, which leads me to think that the hold up is on Universal's side.

Another thing to consider, though, is what the house content will be, and if that's affecting the announcement. Universal owns the rights to Halloween 2 and 3, and Dimension owns the rights to 6 - 10, and any new films. Maybe, if the house is a best of, they're having issues with Dimension? Otherwise, it seems like the rights are all lined up.

I'm of course by no means saying that I think the house has been cancelled or anything, it's just odd that this hasn't been announced yet. Particularly since they went ahead and announced the original content already, and that's been saved for last the past few years.

• Mark M. changed the title to Halloween
  • Mark M. unpinned this topic