HHN Hollywood 2014 Speculation

I know the subtitle!

The Walking Dead: Road to Terminus

(Or something more to do with traintracks/rails, since that's more accurate)

And I disagree it'll be the facade.

Chronologically, the prison would make sense (just now in more shambles), starting with a similar layout and shortened, then going outside to all the other places. Honestly, there's 2 mazes worth of stuff this season. I'm actually pretty excited about the maze this year if they do it.

I could also see the house being called, "The Walking Dead: Don't Look Back!"

Starting again with the prison only seems reasonable but only in shambles, like DTH said.

I could also see them using.....

SPOILERS BELOW

The golf club

The house with the dead parents and the defaced picture

The grocery store with the helicopter reused

The train tunnel

And Terminus if anything happens in there.

The freak out maze has to be something big that we haven't had before or is unexpected and/or kinda impossible to pull off or just has so much star power in it that our minds would explode. Not a semi-obscure (for HHN standards) property that's fairly easy (for HHN standards) to pull off. I'm thinking in the lines of:

Alien

Predator (doubt it)

The Exorcist

Hellraiser (although I highly doubt it)

Heck, even Freddy Vs. Jason would qualify as a freak out maze.

Perhaps it's the Conjuring since that was HEAVILY requested this last year.

Side note: the only slasher franchises in the top 20 most money makers that HHN still hasn't even touched is I Know What You Did Last Summer, Prom Night, and When A Stranger Calls. Can we bet on one of those this year? Although I kinda don't count WASC as a slasher, nor does it have any maze material. But Prom Night and IKWYDLS are viable.

Extend that to top 30 and you have Urban Legend and House of Wax, both worthy of maze treatment, IMO.

Edited by DTH316
  • Like 4

Ironically, I don't think many people know or care about I Know What you Did Last Summer. Modern casual horror fans haven't heard of it and every hardcore horror fan I know remembers it as part of that awful pop horror trend from the 90s.

• Like 2

I know what you did last summer is the prequel to Scooby-Doo lol jk. Although the idea of the fisherman and his hook coming after us and if they used the even more terrible sequel it could be a good maze since Murdy can turn horrible movies into great mazes *NOES 2010* but like ferox said it isn't really something to freak out about since it is obscure and it isn't a great movie with lots of fans that would Freak out to see it. But if it comes I'm in! I wouldn't mind it.

And yeah don't really call When a stranger calls a horror film. Maybe the first part until it turned into a weird cop movie lol

The freak out maze has to be something big that we haven't had before or is unexpected and/or kinda impossible to pull off or just has so much star power in it that our minds would explode. Not a semi-obscure (for HHN standards) property that's fairly easy (for HHN standards) to pull off. I'm thinking in the lines of:

Alien

Predator (doubt it)

The Exorcist

Hellraiser (although I highly doubt it)

Heck, even Freddy Vs. Jason would qualify as a freak out maze.

Perhaps it's the Conjuring since that was HEAVILY requested this last year.

Side note: the only slasher franchises in the top 20 most money makers that HHN still hasn't even touched is I Know What You Did Last Summer, Prom Night, and When A Stranger Calls. Can we bet on one of those this year? Although I kinda don't count WASC as a slasher, nor does it have any maze material. But Prom Night and IKWYDLS are viable.

Extend that to top 30 and you have Urban Legend and House of Wax, both worthy of maze treatment, IMO.

from this criteria, I thin the "freak out" house would be the Conjuring.

I get the feeling that Exorcist will not be included in the list of properties for 2014. John Murdy's recent tweets seem to indicate that obtaining the rights have been difficult for the past nine years and would love to have the property. Carny or not, seems like he wouldn't indicate as such if he was already writing treatments for the maze.

Edited by AsylumSB
  • Like 1