Halloween Horror Nights 24 Speculation

I'm in agreement with a lot of you by saying that the "insane" property that is likely to be shared is Alien. Like Parkscope mentioned, all they have to do really is retrofit the puppets leftover from AWiL into Xenomorph and they're set. It's going to be a bit more challenging cost-wise over in Hollywood being that they would have to build them from scratch.

I'm in agreement with a lot of you by saying that the "insane" property that is likely to be shared is Alien. Like Parkscope mentioned, all they have to do really is retrofit the puppets leftover from AWiL into Xenomorph and they're set. It's going to be a bit more challenging cost-wise over in Hollywood being that they would have to build them from scratch.

Why can't Hollywood just retrofit the La Llorona puppets?

• Like 1

Why can't Hollywood just retrofit the La Llorona puppets?

They could, but I really hope they don't. I want to see some legit creature effects over on the West Coast. I think Murdy would want to do what they used for AWiL over in HWood.

So, Murdy basically said Aliens isn't happening at all, potentially ever.

@BrandonGoffin no as much as I'd love to do that sets alone would be astronomical to reproduce...

So, here's my speculation:

Resident Evil is related to Beauty is only skin deep.

Some fairy tale shit is.

And/or the twitters have been thus far unrelated.

There's a possibility for Orlando to do it, but it's small. At least for Hollywood's this ship has been sunk like the Nostromo. Goodnight, folks.

I don't get why people on this forum think they know more about what it would cost to make a HHN maze than people who actually make them.

We're nerds with no lives.

Edited by Dr. John Overwatch
  • Like 1

So, Murdy basically said Aliens isn't happening at all, potentially ever.

@BrandonGoffin no as much as I'd love to do that sets alone would be astronomical to reproduce...

So, here's my speculation:

Resident Evil is related to Beauty is only skin deep.

Some fairy tale shit is.

And/or the twitters have been thus far unrelated.

There's a possibility for Orlando to do it, but it's small. At least for Hollywood's this ship has been sunk like the Nostromo. Goodnight, folks.

We're nerds with no lives.

The question about Alien was in regards to code name Atari 2600. Atari 2600 is not the "fan freak out" maze. Maze#3 Beauty is only Skin Deep is the "fan freak out" maze.

I'm also going to point out that Murdy loves to play with words from what I've seen

Of course the sets to Alien would be "astronomical" to reproduce. They take place in a spaceship. Murdy is a carny. No one has guessed Alien for maze#3 which is the maze people are speculating on. I suggest someone ask about that maze and see what the response is.

• Like 1

Yeah, that comment from Murdy doesn't mean that they're not doing Aliens ever. That reply was to somone guessing that codename #4: Atari 2600 was Aliens. So all that Murdy did was confirm that codename #4 is not Aliens. There's a chance #3 or a different one ends up being Aliens.

The comment that the sets would be astronomical to reproduce could be used to throw people off as well, sure they would be astronimical to reproduce...but that doesn't mean it's not possible or not happening.

Remember, a lot of people were dead certain that Murdy wasn't doing an' Alice Cooper maze because he stated he never met AC in person. (As it turned out, meeting him by phone and email was a far different case.)

I don't get why people on this forum think they know more about what it would cost to make a HHN maze than people who actually make them.

Some of us have built haunts. Some of us also have built costumes and props. I used to work for a costume shop, built many masks and props of my own, and have friends in the haunt industry. In fact I have a friend who built an Aliens house in the 90's on his own. From the pictures it was pretty amazing.

It's also common sense. Pipes, tubing, chains, and wall treatments aren't "expensive" to a company like Universal. We see them in every house. 98% of the sets for Aliens would be so typical and cliche it is almost funny. But at the same time, Alien is the standard that FPS and SciFi movies have based all their sets on so it makes sense. The original movie was built with a super low budget (11 mil then... 34.8 mil by today's standards) Aliens is only a little more. Weighing in at 50 mil for then and 38.72 for now. But with Alien Resurrection costing 100 mil by today's standards... Clearly cost is not a factor in quality.

Interstellar Terror was built and it was far from a fan favorite. It had some really amazing special effects and had that Aliens feel.

Yeah the hive would be more expensive but there are ways to cheat it and still make it look good. That is what they do.

Murdy's quote looks to be a pun Astronomical-Having to do with astronomy or being extremely large. He did not qualify that with expensive.

I will say this,

I know very little to nothing at all about Hollywood's restricitions, Murdy's posts, or what to expect on the west coast.

My area of knowledge and interest has always been Orlando as it's the event I can go to.

If I get a chance, I'll do a quick treament of how I think it would play out room by room.

I might throw this out there.. HHN - H and HHN - O have 2 way different budgets when it comes to there event.

You can do a lot of cool stuff with no money.. I've seen haunts who dont even have the budget close that some big boys have and there haunt looks amazing.

Look, I want Aliens just as much as the next person.

But realistically it might just be one of those properties that we aren't getting for a long time.

That being said, let's keep it in our minds as a possibility and seek some sort of alternative.

Aliens can't be the only OMG property out there.

Let me also mention that we haven't had a house on a space ship since IT, which should probably tell you something about how well received the concept of "sci-fi-horror" is when it comes to the general public. Doesn't mean it can't happen, but it would be "astronomical."

You see, we have a little thing some call the "Sci-fi ghetto"

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ScifiGhetto

• Like 1

Look, I want Aliens just as much as the next person.

But realistically it might just be one of those properties that we aren't getting for a long time.

That being said, let's keep it in our minds as a possibility and seek some sort of alternative.

Aliens can't be the only OMG property out there.

Let me also mention that we haven't had a house on a space ship since IT, which should probably tell you something about how well received the concept of "sci-fi-horror" is when it comes to the general public. Doesn't mean it can't happen, but it would be "astronomical."

There have been rumors of Trick r Treat, why can't that be the OMG property? It is risky (dead kids), has a wide range of creatures (werewolves, zombies, and Sam), and has been requested for quite a few years. That seems pretty OMG worthy to me.

Edited by Cooger and Dark
  • Like 1

Murdy has said, repeatedly, that Alien would be too expensive.

" For example Alien meets everything but the environments\characters would be extremely difficult\expensive to reproduce"

But hey, what does John Murdy know about what it costs to make a HHN maze?

"knew the late Stan Winston and respect his work too much to do Alien without being able to pull off the creatures."

"
Yeah I think Alien isn't possible for a maze. It was featured in the now defunct "Black Box" at Movieland Wax Museum years ago"

"
No we do deals with other studios. Has to be achievable in a live event (i.e. Alien would be impossible)."

• Like 1

Here's a theory, what if Hollywood and Orlando have separate OMG properties? For instance, they get RE which we already had (and which, as I have understood things, is often requested so it would qualify as OMG) and we get Halloween which they had in 2009 (and which is requested here). I have to imagine the OMG property is either something guests have been requesting for years, or something that A&D would be really excited to recreate.

If it is an A&D passion project, the list seems nearly endless as we have yet to have any real clues. I would tend towards something from the 1980's or that references the films of the 1980's and something that would be either edgy or hard to pull off. Given that criteria (and barring Alien or Aliens); Ghostbusters, Gremlins, Trick r Treat, Killer Klowns, Poltergeist, Drag Me to Hell, The Conjuring, The Descent, and Creepshow spring immediately to mind.

• Like 1

*ahem* You don't need a Giger counter to realize that "beauty is only skin deep" is more fitting to an entirely different Alien Species.

Unless you also want to get all Strengoit about it... in which case I refer you to another Lifeforce entirely.

Now that we've gotten the Aliens speculation over with, we should probably focus on whatever the hell this means.

Then again, I haven't been interested in vampires since I was about five or something, so... For all I know, could be this:

Hey, people were talking about a Lions gate connection at one point, right?

It would be a bit ironic if we got an Alien house at HHN here in Orlando as that would be the first time an IP would be used that is currently also being used by Disney at WDW!

Namely the Alien scenes presented in the Great Movie Ride at the Disney Hollywood Studios park. Now back in 2008 we did have a twisted version of OZ at HHN 18, but that was not a direct official adaptation of the 1939 MGM film, and the original OZ novels are public domain.

But Alien is an IP that would be licensed from 20th Century Fox, and there may be some sort of conflict with the Mouse's lawyers. It would be very interesting if Universal could pull this off... I'm sure the Disney people would be bothered quite a bit if they succeed!

• Like 1

*ahem* You don't need a Giger counter to realize that "beauty is only skin deep" is more fitting to an entirely different Alien Species.

Unless you also want to get all Strengoit about it... in which case I refer you to another Lifeforce entirely.

Hooray for crazy theory time!!!

Given that the second Dr. Jimmy post SEEMS to discount Alien, the first post is mostly a tease. If I take away all the Giger references and assume it is pointing towards an IP, I read it as Ghostbusters.

1. Geiger counter is what Egon uses to detect ghosts.

2. Beauty is only skin deep could be a reference to the ghost Gozer (the actress was a model) plus Gozer looked pretty but was entirely evil.

3. "Entirely different alien species" is referring to ghosts as alien in this sense just means foreign and the species is not at all related to outer space.

4. Ghosts are referred to as the undead, as are Strengoits. If we are refusing to accept the undead as being corporeal, he has referred us to another lifeforce which would be the soul. In pop culture, the soul is what people believe ghosts to be.

I will admit that this assumes Dr. Jimmy misspelled Geiger as Giger to mislead us, it assumes the house is an IP instead of just an inspired by an IP house, and it assumes that Dr. Jimmy is discounting Alien in his second post.

Hooray for crazy theory time!!!

Given that the second Dr. Jimmy post SEEMS to discount Alien, the first post is mostly a tease. If I take away all the Giger references and assume it is pointing towards an IP, I read it as Ghostbusters.

1. Geiger counter is what Egon uses to detect ghosts.

2. Beauty is only skin deep could be a reference to the ghost Gozer (the actress was a model) plus Gozer looked pretty but was entirely evil.

3. "Entirely different alien species" is referring to ghosts as alien in this sense just means foreign and the species is not at all related to outer space.

4. Ghosts are referred to as the undead, as are Strengoits. If we are refusing to accept the undead as being corporeal, he has referred us to another lifeforce which would be the soul. In pop culture, the soul is what people believe ghosts to be.

I will admit that this assumes Dr. Jimmy misspelled Geiger as Giger to mislead us, it assumes the house is an IP instead of just an inspired by an IP house, and it assumes that Dr. Jimmy is discounting Alien in his second post.

I don't know about number four. Kerrezan are undead too. Doesn't make much of a difference.

You also forget what "Beauty is only skin deep" actually means. It is reference to the BUSINESS of beauty products.

AND we still don't know if the twitter means anything for us. Although some of it might/seems to.

I don't know about number four. Kerrezan are undead too. Doesn't make much of a difference.

Fair enough, here's an edit.

4. Strengoits would refer to blood as the lifeforce but Jimmy tells us that is not the life force he is referring to. The soul is also considered to be a life force and, in pop culture, ghosts are a person's soul.