Halloween Horror Nights 24 Speculation

I think the idea of a permanent TWD attraction is ludicrous... not that I believe much of what TTT said. Yes, I know, a lot of it was already rumored, but TWD thing just blew what little credibility there might've been. Of course, I could be wrong.

For the record, I like Twister AND ET and I still miss Jaws.

• Like 3

I like this list but still wish it was at least a 4 to 4 ratio of original to IPs.

And that very well could be. A lot of rumors flying around. A lot of false info. It's just my best guess right now. I'm not 100% on any but some I have more faith in then others... It's more educated than my March Madness pics were but still a guess none the less. (I know nothing about basketball so I just ran the numbers via the seat)

And that very well could be. A lot of rumors flying around. A lot of false info. It's just my best guess right now. I'm not 100% on any but some I have more faith in then others... It's more educated than my March Madness pics were but still a guess none the less. (I know nothing about basketball so I just ran the numbers via the seat)

I know. It's just from what has been cooking around the rumor mill it seems like it will be 5 IPs to 3 Originals and I was just hoping for a more even ratio (or 5 to 3 with originals taking the five spot). Granted, it is still just April so all of this could be disproved within the next few months. If Universal people are reading this, I have quite a few friends who are willing to make the trip from Mass. if you end up doing a Ghostbusters house to celebrate the franchise's 30th anniversary...just saying...

So, I've been doing some thinking.

Yes, on our video game house that's most likely happening.

I haven't really picked up on too many references to video games over the years, they've probably happened but they really haven't been obvious enough for me to pick out, save for a few of the more recent houses. But then I got to thinking. References could be anything, right? Design elements, atmosphere, what have you...

The thing is though, I've noticed a good bit of video game music come up recently.

Silent Hill's music was used grown evil, a year before the game became a maze.

And interestingly enough, Bioshock and dead space have had music in hhn as well.

For example: HHN 21, the songs "Destroying the lobby" and "Gil's entertainment" from Bioshock 2, were used in Nightingales.

Saws n' steam (into the machine) that same year used the song "Do not vomit, do not shout" from dead space.

Given the lack of information to go on, and the fact that game houses are becoming more prevalent, I'm going to assume this at least means something.

I have my theories. This might mean Nightingales is coming back instead, or it means that either (or both, but that would be overkill) of these properties might be coming.

If anything, this at least makes me reevaluate my stance Bioshock not coming to hhn.

Then again, its so early that spec on this level, or at all might be next to pointless.

Well... TTT didn't say it was coming,

He said Walking Dead would be returning to Orlando and to the same venue, and later with his photo update didn't show any obvious walking dead "hints." So who knows? Assuming he was right about anything beyond just looking at previous spec.

It could make sense for Orlando to forgo it. While a park with less space (Hollywood) would need a huge headliner to draw people in, it's easier for a larger park to draw in enough people without the juggernaut IP that is TWD. As long as the other houses are strong.

I haven't given much credence to what TTT was saying (although some of it may end up working out that way, just because they were educated guesses before he went off the rails.) The YouTube video from Brittian talking about his sources got my attention at the time and I continue to believe that at the time he received it, there is a good chance the info was accurate as of that date. He did say no TWD and I'm still hoping he's right!

I don't know about this lack of walking dead house info leak.

TWD brought in A LOT of revenue AND attention for HHN these past two years....and as much as I don't want it to be a house because I'm frankly just tired of zombies already (love the show, though), I sort of see it as this inevitable cash cow situation. Very skeptical about the "higher ups" turning away a cash cow.

• Like 1

I don't know about this lack of walking dead house info leak.

TWD brought in A LOT of revenue AND attention for HHN these past two years....and as much as I don't want it to be a house because I'm frankly just tired of zombies already (love the show, though), I sort of see it as this inevitable cash cow situation. Very skeptical about the "higher ups" turning away a cash cow.

I have no inside information, but maybe it was not as popular the second year as the first. Perhaps, the reviews were not stellar and the merchandise did not sell well. Those two circumstances alone would be enough to make Uni rethink a trilogy.

There is also the possibility that it did go well but Uni has found some cheaper, less restrictive licensing options that they plan on taking advantage of. If this is the case they are hoping that during the last two years they were really able to hook people and now they want to use more cost effective IPs to keep the people coming in. We all know AMC was very restrictive so I could see this second option more than the first.

• Like 1

I don't know if this is worth anything - but I spent a lot of time listening to people talk as they left the event last year. We kept hearing over and over - "My god, please no more of these stupid zombies.." or "I like the Walking Dead, but this is just too much" or "Zombies aren't scary" or even more bluntly - "the scarezones suck". We heard this on multiple nights from a huge range of people. I'm not just saying this - it was something our group talked about on the drive back to our condo - that it wasn't just us, and we weren't crazy that we were so annoyed with TWD overkill. I think the idea to make ALL the streets TWD was a HUGE mistake. It wasn't effective, it wasn't scary - it was just friggin boring. And I really think THAT is what people will remember if Uni actually says - we are bringing back TWD AGAIN. I think a lot of people will think - ah screw that, and it will backfire.

I realize I have my own extreme prejudice here because I have said I hated it so much, I stopped watching the show. However, the point was made by Cooger that maybe the reviews were not stellar - I'm guessing maybe they weren't. Or, maybe it's wishful thinking for me.

• Like 1

I think the idea to make ALL the streets TWD was a HUGE mistake. It wasn't effective, it wasn't scary - it was just friggin boring. And I really think THAT is what people will remember if Uni actually says - we are bringing back TWD AGAIN. I think a lot of people will think - ah screw that, and it will backfire.

I realize I have my own extreme prejudice here because I have said I hated it so much, I stopped watching the show. However, the point was made by Cooger that maybe the reviews were not stellar - I'm guessing maybe they weren't. Or, maybe it's wishful thinking for me.

Thank you for reminding me what I forgot to add to my first post, we were told on the UTH tour that the reviews on the street were split. My wife and I went the third week last year so if they were already juggling a 50/50 split by that point, I could see them rethinking their plans.

Also, JDW said earlier that he had heard rumblings that it may return for Hollywood only. From what I know, The Walking Dead street experience there was well received and, from most of the people I heard from, the street experience was better than the house. This would line up with it returning there but not returning here.

Thank you for reminding me what I forgot to add to my first post, we were told on the UTH tour that the reviews on the street were split. My wife and I went the third week last year so if they were already juggling a 50/50 split by that point, I could see them rethinking their plans.

Also, JDW said earlier that he had heard rumblings that it may return for Hollywood only. From what I know, The Walking Dead street experience there was well received and, from most of the people I heard from, the street experience was better than the house. This would line up with it returning there but not returning here.

My brother did the tour the same week on Sunday and they put a lot of effort into telling us about all the "special" features of the street experience. Which to us sounded like they where really trying to upsell it.

I'm very confident TWD streets will not happen again this year.

A TWD house... eh IDK. I really want them to move on from it but I wouldn't completely hate a house either. So long as the event's focus is not TWD.

Honestly, I didn't even mind the house last year at all. It was far better than the first... But at the same time we are headed into DOT or POTS territory with the repitition of this house. It worked 20 years ago but I just feel like repeating the same franchise every frigging year is an amateurish move. Lesser haunts do that bc it's what they can afford.

The people I work with (who think Spiderman was replaced by Transformers >.<)... Even THEY think it is a lack of creativity. I get "Again?" "Are they out of ideas?" and "That show is so played". So it isn't just the die hards. Now I will admit the show got better with the last couple of episodes last season and I'm sure they could piece together a house from the handful of decent scenes but we've come to expect more than a rehash of the same ideas. That is based on the standard they created during the iconic years.

We've been clamoring for a vodoo house for years... and HOS does it first?

There are a hundred other ideas that float around here and elsewhere that people would love to see. Even other IPs that would be just as successful. Plus you have whatever cool ideas A&D has in reserve. So I'm hoping the last two years were just to bolster the numbers and that we will, at least somewhat, go back to a semi normalcy.

• Like 2

Amended:

Trick R Treat

Nightingales

Insidious

The purge or You're Next... something with masks - maybe not a house

The boogey man or chupacabra

The Exorcist/Ghost Busters or ... Aliens (is that too wishful thinking? IDK)

The Last of US or Dead space or Resident Evil again... or fill in some other survival horror.

Original dark comedy house

AHS

Interesting line-up, but I see 9 houses here? It has been absolutely confirmed only 8.

So if this is accurate, one is a "street experience"? You said maybe not a house for The Purge or "thing with masks", so that makes sense as a zone then.

My guess on the "original dark comedy" house would be something in Carey, Ohio.

• Like 2

Interesting line-up, but I see 9 houses here? It has been absolutely confirmed only 8.

So if this is accurate, one is a "street experience"? You said maybe not a house for The Purge or "thing with masks", so that makes sense as a zone then.

My guess on the "original dark comedy" house would be something in Carey, Ohio.

right so...

Amended again :

The purge - only makes sense as a street... and if you think about it there is only one area perfect for it.

Trick R Treat

Nightingales

Insidious

The boogey man or chupacabra

The Exorcist/Ghost Busters or ... Aliens (is that too wishful thinking? IDK)

A survival horror such as: The Last of US , Dead space, Resident Evil, etc.

dark comedy house

AHS

If half of this list, no TWD, and individual streets are back... I'll be a happy camper. Espeically Trick R Treat.