Halloween Horror Nights 24 Speculation

Clarification. Kong is going at IOA between toon lagoon and Jurassic Park. What is going in at kidzone is yet undisclosed but still set for demo in Sept. the way i wrote that looked like Kong was going in the kidzone. I'm on my phone and it hates me sometimes.

thats a strange location, is there some reason behind putting it there? Is that area going to become a mini skull island of sorts? Sorry i'm not very familiar with IOA I've only been once.

They are demoing kids zone and replacing it with a 24/7 hhn maze. *totally legit*

I heard from a very credible source that it's going to be replaced by a year-round Walking Dead shooting haunted house. Unfortunately, the guy who told me this didn't say anything else because I ticked him off.

• Like 1

I heard from a very credible source that it's going to be replaced by a year-round Walking Dead shooting haunted house. Unfortunately, the guy who told me this didn't say anything else because I ticked him off.

Ten Ton Tick: Taken too soon.

You know, there were rumors that kid zone was going to be revamped dating back to... About 2012 or 2013. They could just be rebuilding it from the ground up.

Without having a park map handy I couldn't tell you if they were going to expand on something or just get rid of it for something else, and I've only ever been to the park once during regular operation. It strikes me that the area is sort of... Forgotten? I don't know if that's the right word but I don't remember much being near there other than E.T. I'd just keep checking the website to see if we're still getting eight houses once that begins. I don't imagine it will interrupt too much, but I don't know.

Man, I'm going to kind of miss how... Weird the area looked during HHN, with all the red "spooky" lighting and sounds mixing in with the child friendly stuff. A surreal experience.

it's good to finally be back! whether they demo KidZone or revamp the whole area, hopefully they will keep in mind the surrealism and "atmosfear" of HHN and maybe keep ET (I love the ride and was always confused whether or not it was a part of KidZone). If it's a credible possibility that we will have a all-day haunted house, I'm all for it; plus it's pretty obvious that Universal will keep horror in mind if they're building a haunted house. Regardless, HHN is one of the paramount events of Universal, so it makes sense that they'll keep us devout fans in mind. Who knows? Maybe they'll make it better.

Esoteric Gates work for Parade like Legacy said, although it's a pretty decent walk. Only problem could be if construction reached all the way to that street that lines KZ, though I don't see why they'd cut off a road like that so it should be fine.

They could set up Sprung 1 the way they did PUTS in 2006. Go through Simpsons (then BTTF) to the street where the huge row normally is. They never use the entire queue for Simpsons during HHN anyway so it wouldn't be a big problem.

• Like 1

There's an admin building between the street and KidZone from the Esoteric gate. It's a couple years old, so the queue isn't an issue along that street. (It's also not that far, really. Straight shot, it's about the same distance as Barney to Sprung 1.)

The interesting thing is that the KidZone demo could include a demo of the Parade building. The KidZone revamp is expected to go all the way back...

So now we get the classic "Will Parade be used?" debate.

Queue and venue discussion? This is the spec I want!

• Like 2

The interesting thing is that the KidZone demo could include a demo of the Parade building.

I can almost guarantee the Parade will stand.

The rumor does say ET and Animal Actors will stay. I'm not sure about the store... But I mean they just redid it so I would think so?

That's interesting. Cool something to do!

Anyone else get this?

He looks a bit melty or ripply. Shot is clearly accentuated. Pattern kind of like an M? Mad King George the III. Civil war is obvious maybe too obvious?

• Like 1

Realized a small issue with Revolutionary War:

Florence Nightingale wasn't born until 1820. She created modern nursing. Hmmm...

Edit: Facebook friends are awesome:

http://historyofmassachusetts.org/the-roles-of-women-in-the-revolutionary-war/

Thanks for link, Gina!

That link explains Revolutionary War nurses, and gives a rather plausible reason for the Nightingales to be able to have found a way in.

Edited by mystiquephreeq
  • Like 1

Red herring then? Knows that we have been throwing around Nightingales? Hard to gauge the way to solve it without knowing the style of the person who created it :/

I know! It's hard to say. It fits.

Mad King George is thought to have had porphyria. A treatment for porphyria is blood letting.

Blood letting implies Nightingales as well.

And why mention "the shot hear round the world" if it's not linked to The Revolutionary War.

The Nightingale backstory says all wars. I'm thinking this may mean they will have a different look.

Instead of the recognizable nurse outfit, we'll see more era accurate costuming.

• Like 1