Halloween Horror Nights 24 Speculation

Did not know that interesting..

Let me qualify this as well. Information states 22A. However, that information could be referencing an "A" plot within SS 22. That would be odd, since SS 22 typically only houses one house. 22A is what is being said though. A permit will confirm.

Altar was the codename, and there is a reason it was dropped. When you consider Mike announced that code name, I will allow speculation to try and figure out why it was dropped and what it was.

And currently, we don't know the code name for the 4th IP.

And currently, we don't know the code name for the 4th IP.

Technically I believe it is Home. (Hence why I put it) But somebody correct me if I'm wrong. At some point I heard the TWD codename too but I didn't care it was just TWD to me.

I never saw you put the code list in this thread.

For posterity, here it is.

Crows = Parade

Charlie = Tent1

Captain = Tent 2 (IP?)

Smile = Disaster!

Evac/Synergy = 24 a/b (IPs)

TWD = 25 (IP)

Ritual = 22A (if thast hasn't changed as well)

EDIT - I really want to just put the answers in here.

EDIT EDIT - Corrected the code name for Tent 2

Edited by Legacy
  • Like 3

My guesses on the codenames:

SS24A-EVAC-I'm going with Alien.

SS24B-Synergy-I'm going with Halloween, since Hollywood spec points to them potentially getting it. If not, the 4th IP.

SS22A-Ritual-the rumored Roanoke/Native American original.

Disaster!-Smile-original. Maybe the rumored clown themed house? There's apparently a SZ in front of Disaster, so maybe they're doing what they did with Zombiegeddon/Zombie Gras and TWD/Zombie street and tying the 2 together again?

Tent 2-Charlie-original. Mike said this on Twitter himself. I've got nothing on the theme. There's talk of something vampire related. Maybe something of that nature?

Tent 1-Home-either Halloween or the 4th IP.

Parade-Crow-basically confirmed to be original by Legacy and JDW saying this was the one "Altar" was to replace, and Altar was apparently an IP as hinted by Legacy's last post about how we almost didn't get that 4th original.

^All complete guesses. I'm only sold on Smile, Crow, Charlie and Ritual being originals, and EVAC, Synergy, Home and TWD being the IPs. Themes/what IP is which code name are all guesses on my part.

• Like 1

Well, going to take a shot at them.

IPs

TWD - The Walking Dead obviously.

Home - Halloween. "Home' for "The night he came home". But almost seems too obvious.

EVAC - Alien or Aliens. EVAC for Evacuation of LV-426.

Synergy - Dracula. The one I'm least sure of.

Originals

Crows - The Croatoa/Lost Colony/Thanksgiving Feast thing. "Crows" for crows and scarecrows out in the corn fields.

Smile - Clowns.

Charlie - Creepy evil dolls. "Charlie" for Charlie McCarthy.

Ritual - Either Witches or Voodoo. Going to say a Witch house.

Well, going to take a shot at them.

IPs

TWD - The Walking Dead obviously.

Home - Halloween. "Home' for "The night he came home". But almost seems too obvious.

EVAC - Alien or Aliens. EVAC for Evacuation of LV-426.

Synergy - Dracula. The one I'm least sure of.

Originals

Crows - The Croatoa/Lost Colony/Thanksgiving Feast thing. "Crows" for crows and scarecrows out in the corn fields.

Smile - Clowns.

Charlie - Creepy evil dolls. "Charlie" for Charlie McCarthy.

Ritual - Either Witches or Voodoo. Going to say a Witch house.

wait non of the orginal fit with the boogeman urban legend so i wonder if dr jimmy of child catcher was for something else

I never saw you put the code list in this thread.

For posterity, here it is.

Crows = Parade

Charlie = Tent1

Home = Tent 2 (IP?)

Smile = Disaster!

Evac/Synergy = 24 a/b (IPs)

TWD = 25 (IP)

Ritual = 22A (if thast hasn't changed as well)

EDIT - I really want to just put the answers in here.

So HOME is Halloween?

Woo-hoo! Information is starting to creep it's way in! But fill me in, why are so many members sold on Halloween and Aliens being in this year? Not against just I am curious why? Also pardon my ignorance but can Universal use Aliens? I mean since Disney has it in the Studio's Great Movie Ride, does Disney have any rights tied up that Uni can't use them? That was the thought that went into my head... Also I mean I know TWD has been such a strong voice, to put it lightly, the past two years in HHN but why would everyone be so okay with Halloween? Just curious! Not hating, love Halloween. Just since it has also been done at HHN before ... why not try something new in the genre if we are talking about over usage of certain IPs at HHN. I mean some lesser known IPs but still popular could greatly be used for HHN like Battle Royale could be fun, old enough to be a classic, has a following, foreign so it shows diversity in HHN and got a recent boost in popularity with it being similar to The Hunger Games just the Horror version and now on Netflix ... idk, if we are petitioning for new IPs why not really ask for a new IP?

And.. Just cuz

But Both are heavy hitters in the Horror world and have never really been touched by Universal. Alien I am surprised they are working with the IP but I'm not lookijg a gift horse in the mouth. Perhaps they found a loop hole with Disney?

Halloween put slasher films on the map but has never been properly given its due at HHN.

But we can petition all we like. It comes down to dollar signs and a few higher ups say so. That is why you have a TWD house three years in a row. Luckily their are some awesome IPs and they are really pulling all the stops to make TWD memorable. Better to go out with a bang I guess. They are doing a lot of very neat and new things this year. I think it will be a near perfect balance.

Let's face it, there are few new IPs that will pull a monsterous crowd (which they want)... and a lot of the better ones are difficult with rights and what not. (Stephen King and AHS to name a few)

Also, Who's to say the last one is not a new IP? The official line up has not been revealed to the GP.

• Like 1