Halloween Horror Nights 24 Speculation

Linked it.

Hint #2 - the code name "Beauty is only skin deep" refers to the BUSINESS of Beauty products...

Business of Beauty products = Avon

Bonus Hint - "Ding Dong..." = Ding Dong Avon Calling.

Property this little exchange appears in = Edward Scissorhands

Edward Scissorhands = Winona Ryder

Winona Ryder is in Aliens 3: Resurrection.

Edited by mystiquephreeq
  • Like 6

Linked it.

Hint #2 - the code name "Beauty is only skin deep" refers to the BUSINESS of Beauty products...

Business of Beauty products = Avon

Bonus Hint - "Ding Dong..." = Ding Dong Avon Calling.

Property this little exchange appears in = Edward Scissorhands

Edward Scissorhands = Winona Ryder

Winona Ryder is in Aliens 3: Resurrection.

AND Brad Dourif was in Alien: Resurrection as well.

He was also in Murder in the First with... KEVIN BACON! ZOMG a Footloose house! :P

OR, even further, he was worm tongue in... LORD OF THE RINGS!... oh yeah he was in some movie about a snarky murderous doll that came to life or something.

I kid of course. Nice connections!

AND Brad Dourif was in Alien: Resurrection as well.

He was also in Murder in the First with... KEVIN BACON! ZOMG a Footloose house! :P

OR, even further, he was worm tongue in... LORD OF THE RINGS!... oh yeah he was in some movie about a snarky murderous doll that came to life or something.

I kid of course. Nice connections!

Thanks!

Since I usually don't try to work out Murdy's clues, is that convoluted enough?

His clues always seem to be a group of connections like that.

Edited by mystiquephreeq

As much as I want aliens to come (and I think it still might, but I don't know) I think "Avon" is really a clue in a different direction:

http://io9.com/5170303/avon-is-peddling-umbrella-corps-t-virus-skin-salve

18m4zsh1pl6j3jpg.jpg

Avon's "derma-full" product looks VERY much like Resident Evil's "Regenerate."

Edited by Dr. John Overwatch
  • Like 1

As much as I want aliens to come (and I think it still might, but I don't know) I think "Avon" is really a clue in a different direction:

http://io9.com/5170303/avon-is-peddling-umbrella-corps-t-virus-skin-salve

18m4zsh1pl6j3jpg.jpg

Avon's "derma-full" product looks VERY much like Resident Evil's "Regenerate."

If Beauty is Skin Deep is the same OMG property Aiello tweeted about, RE doesn't seem to fit.

We had RE last year.

Anyone reckon that this year there may be more of an attempt to appeal to the fans rather than the mainstream. While even attempting to underplay the popularity of HHN. My theory behind this is that HHN is already going to be popular/busy/at capacity this year as visitors use HHN to visit diagon alley. This means the creative team do not need to use houses to pull in the crowds giving more creative freedom.

• Like 1

Anyone reckon that this year there may be more of an attempt to appeal to the fans rather than the mainstream. While even attempting to underplay the popularity of HHN. My theory behind this is that HHN is already going to be popular/busy/at capacity this year as visitors use HHN to visit diagon alley. This means the creative team do not need to use houses to pull in the crowds giving more creative freedom.

I can see this.

Although I guess you could also say that since they don't need to use houses to grab visitors at this rate, they can also slack off, but that would be rather cynical.

I guess we'll see soon enough.

http://youtu.be/tRnp4UPI-Qk

I refuse to give in to "Beauty is skin Deep" = Resident Evil.

Murdy is the only one who is giving clues to the a fan freak out property!

If I give in, then I can't speculate (solve riddles and clues) about what property Aiello was referring to in his tweets about an OMG property.

If HHNH's maze #3 is Resident Evil, then it can't be the one Mike referred to. Mike's tweets just don't seem to point to RE.

*wedges herself firmly into her own world*

They are the same property! I have something to solve!! *repeats ad infintum*

Edited by mystiquephreeq
  • Like 1

I refuse to give in to "Beauty is skin Deep" = Resident Evil.

Murdy is the only one who is giving clues to the a fan freak out property!

If I give in, then I can't speculate (solve riddles and clues) about what property Aiello was referring to in his tweets about an OMG property.

If HHNH's maze #3 is Resident Evil, then it can't be the one Mike referred to. Mike's tweets just don't seem to point to RE.

*wedges herself firmly into her own world*

They are the same property! I have something to solve!! *repeats ad infintum*

I'm torn on this one. You and all of the other people could be right about aliens (including me, if you count my april fools joke), and it would make more sense for an "OMG property" to point to aliens.

Especially since I don't think I know anyone who's said that the resident evil movies are "okay" let alone "OMG worthy."

I think Resident Evil should at least be considered, especially with the sixth and final one coming up in 2015, which during last year it was speculated that we would get a house based more on the movies rather than the games. Not that I think most guests would be able to tell the difference, but whatever.

I'm hoping we're getting aliens. The hint seems perfect and everything else does too.

Then again, so does that Avon product and that commercial.

Basically what I'm saying is I can't decide on which one I think is actually right.

Albeit, I feel that it's more likely to be aliens for various reasons. I don't entirely think our hints are going to be THAAAAAAAT cryptic.

Plus. "Beauty is only skin deep" in relation to aliens is too beautiful a twisting of words for me to overlook and turn down.

Edited by Dr. John Overwatch

*ahem* You don't need a Giger counter to realize that "beauty is only skin deep" is more fitting to an entirely different Alien Species.

Unless you also want to get all Strengoit about it... in which case I refer you to another Lifeforce entirely.

I go away for one weekend and everyone goes all Alien on the clues. This^ is what I was interpreting it as (and hoping for). That being said, the Alien arguments are also compelling and I would welcome that too (although this seems to fit better with what Dr. Jimmy is implying).

Edited by Cooger and Dark

You implying V doc? Is that popular anymore? I mean I like it as a kid I hated the rboot.

The idea with aliens and "Beatury is only skin deep" would imply camouflage or simply things not being as they appear. .

You also have Species in that vein... but that is also Giger-esque.

Some othe major alien movies that fit the genre:

The Thing: Done to death

Invasion of the Body Snatchers... Meh

Men in Black... yeah no.

the 5th... element?

Anyway the pennacle of alien movies would be Alien. I can't think of another horror style alien movie that has the clout of Alien.

But again, the comments may not be related and it could be something entirely different.