Halloween Horror Nights 2014 Wishful Thinking & Pre Speculation

IMO, one major reason for this being the highest attended year ever is TWD. Lots of people that don't usually do haunts went just for TWD. I think that almost guarantees a return next year with even more marketing tied into the show.

I can imagine TrT being an overlay for TT or HoH. Use it to gauge interest for a full blown maze to coincide with the sequel in 2015.

As for the rest of the event I can imagine them either going all out or scaling way back. All out because of the bad press from this year (fan disappointment from properties Orlando go that Hollywood didn't, Bill and Ted fallout, 2 hour waits for TWD, etc.). Scaled back because they think they can coast on TWD, they consider Despicable Me enough of a draw, and/or they know 2015 will be the year to go all out thanks to HP.

Sinister seems like a strong possibility, although I can see a push for The Conjuring as well since that was the bigger hit. Could turn out to be a case of Murdy wanting one and Universal wanting the other.

EC I can see as being 50/50. I'm sure they'd love another shot at it, but ultimately ratings may determine its fate. The fact that many people can't pronounce it may also play a role. Would love to see an Aztec themed maze as our local culture maze next year or, as other have suggested, one themed to asian mythology. HHN does draw a decent amount of Japanese tourists.

Depending on the success of NBC's Dracula I could see that as a scare zone or HoH overlay. It'd be hard for them to resist such obvious cross promotion.

I think Dead Space could be a possibility if they want a video game themed maze and don't want two zombie mazes (if TWD comes back). Would love to see a Bioshock maze.

There will probably be one non-movie/TV maze. I would love to see one more (not 3D) AC maze, but BS had poor ratings so they might be hesitant to do another music maze. Maybe Penn & Teller? Or perhaps The Undertaker and his brother Kane will have more issues to work out... J/K

I do think next year will include at least one "most requested" maze in the form of Exorcist, Hellraiser, AWiL, Predator, or maybe they'd even claim CitW since a lot of people were disappointed by it being only in Orlando this year. Alien I think might be a little tied up while they work on Prometheus 2.

As for the really wishful thinking: more shows, better food (including some HHN only specials), sliders, more photo-ops, better merch, let TT guides go off-script again, and stop increasing prices (including the price of parking)!

• Like 1

yeah just remembered they did'nt have any specials this year for the in park resteruants, I dont even know if they still did the "Show your HHN Ticket" deal in city walk.

BTW parking has been the same for at least the last 3 years.

Wait I thought Universal, and Warner Bros are in friendly terms?

Murdy has claimed the rights has always been the problem with the exorcist...which falls in WB's court

• Like 1

yeah just remembered they did'nt have any specials this year for the in park resteruants, I dont even know if they still did the "Show your HHN Ticket" deal in city walk.

They had a few good deals for citiwalk this year for HHN ticket holders.

Sinister is more time sensitive due to the sequel.

According to Murdy, there's a sequel coming out in 2014. So he knows about the release date that the GP doesn't.

I could see it working. You know what would be great? If the facade was a giant film screen with a snuff projection on it that you walked through. The antagonist is creepy looking and if they make you the star of the snuff film instead of a bystander it could have a very unnerving vibe.

Right now I'd say it's one of the safest bets for 2014. Then again it's November and I could easily be way off.

According to Murdy, there's a sequel coming out in 2014. So he knows about the release date that the GP doesn't.

I could see it working. You know what would be great? If the facade was a giant film screen with a snuff projection on it that you walked through. The antagonist is creepy looking and if they make you the star of the snuff film instead of a bystander it could have a very unnerving vibe.

Right now I'd say it's one of the safest bets for 2014. Then again it's November and I could easily be way off.

I agree the villian is very f'en creepy I dont think the movie was too great IMO but it does have ptotential and there could be tons of material in the sequal.

Sinister

American Werewolf in London or Cabin In The Woods

Resident Evil or The Walking Dead 3

Requested maze: Alien, Scream or Exorcist

Alice Cooper 3

Trick R Treat in some form: maze, scarezone or terror tram)

And if there's a survey, can you guys please ask for Predator ... Please!!!! Or if Murdy asks for it on twitter!

Wishful thinking makes me want an all 1981 year.

Cannibal Ferox
The Prowler
House by the Cemetery
Venom: Welcome To Hell
The Howling
Make HOH into a total darkness extreme maze where you only have a strobe light to guide yourself around.

Funhouse Terror Tram.

Am I the only one who's like "Sinister? A maze?"

Unless there's a boy popping out of a box, then I'm going to be disappointed.

I agree with this. The thought of a Sinister maze doesn't sound very exciting.

How about an original concept from Jason Blum? That would be cool. I don't want to see any more 3D houses and I'm certainly tired of rockstar houses. However, there HAD to be another 3D rockstar house, I wouldn't mind seeing an Iron Maiden maze. But please no more 3D houses. I know we're going to get more since BS was rated so highly this year. >__>

• Like 1

I actualy like the 3D mazes, but I'm kinda done with the rockstar mazes, Black Sabbath was not badly done and used some tricks HHN has not used before so i'm good with the idea of another 3D, but what other Rockstar maze could there be? Iron Maiden has some cool imagery but not really current nor has the weight Black Sabbath does, Misfits would be cool but with all the non-sense Jerry Only has pulled about Misfits being "Family Friendly" all of a sudden not too wise of a choice.

The closest thing to a good decision would be Slayer.

I can't see a Slayer maze happening. It would offend a lot of Christians and John himself is a Christian so I don't see that happening as most of Slayer's song is about the devil and how god hates us all. He also brought a priest to HHN and that priest is a fan of the event. I'm a Christian and I don't listen to their music. I could see a Metallica maze at HHN though. Lots of scenes could be taken from their lyrics.

I can't see a Slayer maze happening. It would offend a lot of Christians and John himself is a Christian so I don't see that happening as most of Slayer's song is about the devil and how god hates us all. He also brought a priest to HHN and that priest is a fan of the event. I'm a Christian and I don't listen to their music. I could see a Metallica maze at HHN though. Lots of scenes could be taken from their lyrics.

Not like the first scene in Black Sabbath had a devil sacrificing someone, or Evil Dead being about a demon taking over people's souls. Lol

• Like 1

My mistake, demonic imagery would never fly at HHN.

Sorry, :wacko: for some reason when it comes to stuff like this, I never take the past into consideration. IMO though Metallica would work much better as a maze. Just saying. I wouldn't mind if it came to either Orlando Or Hollywood! Just want to see a Metallica maze :P

Edited by AdmiralTyler

If we have to have a 3D maze, I really hope it makes sense with the theme.. Like a circus.

Not a Rockstar maze in 3D.

If it is, make it more dark, like the green and black room in Black Sabbath with the rock lobsters that blended into the wall. Except, do things like that for the entire maze.

These 3D mazes are kool to look at once, but not in any way scary. Not even walking through it alone...

also I should mention Insidious Demon possesing children, a maze that was LITTERALY a walk through of Hell, and a scarezone that glorified Hell as

party but it's all ment to scare people I'm sure most realize this. But also I should point out for the most part the dudes from slayer are atheist so they don't believe in God or Satan. But just throwing that out there of course! :P

I don't think they really have too much to feed off of if anything.