Halloween Horror Nights 2014 Wishful Thinking & Pre Speculation

There were fewer CityWalk deals this year than in last years. The list is no longer on their site, but I think Hard Rock was the only non-fast food place. We ate there this year and they were great, even asked if we were going to HHN so we could get the discount without even asking. Kind of surprised more places aren't offering the deal since it generates extra income at a relatively slow time of the year. Universal is planning to improve its in-park food options over the next few years. At least one of the places in front of Simpsons will be Simpsons themed by next year, the Despicable Me area should have a few new options, and Harry Potter will have a big dining hall. Maybe they could do a dining/early entry package similar to Knott's pre-scare buffet.

Some more wishful thinking: dress up rides like Disney, Knott's, and to an extent even Six Flags does. Decorations in the indoor section of JP would be relatively easy (they actually used to put jack o' lanterns in there; no idea why they stopped). The long-rumored Treehouse of Horror film for The Simpsons. A show/meet and greet with Megatron next to Transformers (new movie coming out next year). Maybe a DM Halloween dance party (assuming we get the Minion dance party in our version).

I hope we get more elaborate scarezones next year. Although I'm against one theme taking over the whole park like Orlando did with The Walking Dead, I wish we had new sets and props built in the zones like they did with the Barn, RV, Tank, etc...

Edited by shark23

*cough Bill and Ted incident cough* Yup offended people have no effect on HHN yup.

The rights owners pulled it to save them the humiliation. That wouldn't apply in the unlikely hypothetical of a Slayer maze.

I mean the mummy has a year round black magic ritual.

• Like 1

I read somewhere that it would cost a LOT of money to make a Treehouse of Horrors episode for the Simpson's ride.

I can't remember if that was just someone's assumption, or from someone who actually knew the facts, though.

But I'd love for it to happen.

Murdy himself said it like way way back.

thats why I thought, but non of the resteraunts had any deal besides the buy one sipper get one free if I had more money I'd get an HHN and a minion...I f*cken love Minions

A Halloween themed dance party at the end would be cool! just trade the party song they do in Orlando with Monster Mash a cool cute little thing to add but I'm sure Minions will be open its an easy way to eat up crowed plus they are gonna advertize the hell out of it I mean remember when the finished KK 360 and they had that random tram that went just through that part.

same here plus add something to the dead area by shrek

I hope we get more elaborate scarezones next year. Although I'm against one theme taking over the whole park like Orlando did with The Walking Dead, I wish we had new sets and props built in the zones like they did with the Barn, RV, Tank, etc...

I agree. Our scarezones have sucked for years. We need much better atmosphere. We demand more simple atmosphere and they minimize even more. We demand more shows and they give us none.

You know what? Whenever we demand more, we get less. I'll demand less so they'll give us more. GIVE US NO SHOWS! GIVE US NO IMPROVEMENT ON EVENT ATMOSPHERE!

Despicable Me will definitely be open for HHN next year. No way they're going to let a large-capacity ride sit dormant for a big event.

I think they should have a maze in Shrek again. The reason why they didn't have one there was because there was no room for a queue. If they can have the overflow go into Uni Plaza and have the walkway go towards Mel's, they can do it. That would be great if they did that because 1) Persian Square is an extremely space-restricted venue; even moreso than Mummy. 2) If they have Insult Emporium in Persian Square again, the flow of the crowds would be forced to Mel's and London Street; the queue for the Shrek queue maze would have to go into UniPlaza, so guests would have no choice but to go around. That would suck the GP into Chucky, DM, and the entrance to the maze before the guests can get down into the lower lot and backlot. It would be strange having to go around the plaza after the opening scareamonies, but whatever works.

Another option could be to have the overflow go inside the Shrek theater and into the walkway in front of it. The entire UniPlaza would be free for foot traffic. IDK if that would be proactical though.

• Like 1

I'm gunna post this myth again in hopes that murdy will consider an Egyptian house even though I doubt it will :P

"Ina a later myth developed around an annual drunken Sekhmet celebration, Ra, the sun god, created her from a fiery eye given to him from his mother to destroy mortals who conspired against him, such as some residents of Lower Egypt who prefered to worship Bastet the cat god. In the myth, Sekhmets blood-lust was not quelled at the end of battle and led to her destroying almost all of humanity, so Ra had tricked her by turning the Nile as red as blood (the Nile turns red every year when filled with the dirt that made the banks of the river) so that Sekhmet would drink it. The trick was, however, that the red liquid was not blood, but wine so that it resembled blood, making her so drunk that she gave up slaughter."

Just imagine a scene like the LL river scene but with blood red water with dead bodies floating in it and lying on land. Then Sekhmet pops out from the side with her face all bloodied and lion-ey looking...oohh man

Oh...and it smells like wine

Wendigo would be great although it might be a hard sell to the powers that be given that it is a mostly Canadian/New England myth. Maybe they could tap into some "true life" California horror stories like the Donner Party or Black Dahlia murder. Maybe even have The Director come back and do a snuff film themed maze.

It's like that guy who posted the Evil Dead contest insert, but so much worse. That codename is a bit obvious...it's more Dr. Jimmy style anyway.

The dead no fun girlfriend hanging around a bunch of cloth ghosts (one that hides Sam) would be a good opening scene. Maybe even a facade scare.

Edited by ferox

It's like that guy who posted the Evil Dead contest insert, but so much worse.

The dead no fun girlfriend hanging around a bunch of cloth ghosts (one that hides Sam) would be a good opening scene. Maybe even a facade scare.

Or like I said they should've done with Insidious. Put the cloth-covered statues on the floor (Pretty much just do the hanging bags, except place things on the floor) and have the people push through them. No scare necessary, just suspense, and something different.