The Walking Dead : No Safe Haven

JDW

I believe AMC would have to pay actors if the characters appeared in the house at HHN. I'm sure I heard that somewhere, they called it an appearance fee?

I wonder, there is no way around that?

what if they made the characters look the way they do in the comics? I don't know, just thinking out loud here...

I wonder, there is no way around that?

what if they made the characters look the way they do in the comics? I don't know, just thinking out loud here...

Yeah the only problem with that is the main characters look so different in the comic that most people would be confused at what they were looking at. Which would kinda defeat the object of doing it in the first place. Can you imagine hearing the GP constantly asking "Why has Rick only got one hand? Who's the bald Asian guy?". The only way around it is AMC pay the actors which would mean AMC charging HHN for their use which means less budget to be used elsewhere. It's a shame but personally I think that house last year suffered due to lack of scareactors not lack of characters.

• Like 1

well they would only need to pay Daryl, Rick and Michonne. That would be 3 actors they need to pay. I wonder, would that even be to much?

Or even just Daryl and RIck, since they are the starts of the show, It makes me wonder how much would the two actors ask for payment... Even if it was just Rick it would had been nice to see him.

Guest kiwisoup

I don't understand why it's such an issue with royalties when every other ip uses look alike actors in the house...and how do they get away with walker versions of main characters or walkers in general...it's still a likeness and a royalty. I think it has nothing to do with royalties and us just because AMC specifically said only walkers or generic survivors.

Actually there is a big difference between showing Andrea and an Andrea like generic blonde zombie lol. It's much much easier to get away with the zombie version because it will act just like every other zombie and won't talk. Hence why you have a Milton like zombie in the house. You can't copyright a zombie in glasses lol

• Like 1

First walkthrough video of Hollywoods version is posted, and it doesn't look to feature any different characters then ours except for Tomas. It's also a lot shorter. It's too dark to tell what's going on through most of it to make a comparison but the makeup does look a lot better. The cellblock is definitely not as detailed as Orlando (it just looks like a room) but that animatronic horde is extremely cool as is the Governers fish tanks (Orlandos looks exactly like the show though).

Edited by somebody85

Guest kiwisoup

The operative word in Merle zombie being ZOMBIE. Not really worth going back and forth over it I'm just posting the facts. If you choose to believe otherwise more power to ya lol. I'm just happy to hear its an improvement on last years house.

I was just saying that it has to do with the agreement and nothing to do with more money to use likeness. weather someone is zombie or not, it's still a likeness and people are saying it's royalties when it's not. Universal simply just doesn't have permission to use any non-zombie characters...but it's interesting now seeing that Hollywood has one in their house so it's all just confusing really. I only said about merle because the OP was saying that you can't copyright a nerdy zombie when Merle was a much more specific zombie. I'm sorry if you misunderstood what I was trying to say.

On the very quick shoutout side - I was very pleased with the run through with the closing cast on Friday night. It was... highly interactive. Very energetic crew they have in here. And I do love doing the hand jive. Very impressed with what I'm seeing here so far, and I REALLY have to try out the phone (thus far I've only seen it in the videos).

Thanks JDW, I did pick it up but wasn't sure if that was a trigger or just coincidence with scene audio.

I do love that there's different pathways you can take. I went to the left of the "duck" room. There's also one more scene that has 2 (left and right) pathways to take.

• Like 1

Guest kiwisoup

Thanks JDW, I did pick it up but wasn't sure if that was a trigger or just coincidence with scene audio.

I do love that there's different pathways you can take. I went to the left of the "duck" room. There's also one more scene that has 2 (left and right) pathways to take.

Aren't the secondary paths the ones for wheelchairs?

• 3 weeks later...

This house doesn't get the love it deserves. I know American is really awesome but this house as an IP and as a house based on Walking Dead is truly amazing.

I mean, they really got everything, I was looking at it today and the house is really close to the show. They did a really good job at recreating season 3. I love it.
I wish it started on the Prison instead, but this house was really good today. Not only were the sets close to the show, but the actors were doing a terrific job today.

This house is everything the streets were not, as far as the Walking Dead Experience goes. What I mean is that the streets and Walking Dead in general are getting some hate, which is not good since this house was so well put together.

I kind of wish they only had this house and One scarezone based on the walking dead because we really didn't need more than that. This house as good enough.

Edited by LV-426
  • Like 3