The Walking Dead : No Safe Haven

JDW

Heard a rumor at Universal that Daryl, Meryl, and Michonne will be running through the park. Also Bicycle girl is already set up in the Scarezone in central park, it's tarped up.

All 3 of those are 100% not true. No human character look alikes allowed. Only walker look alikes.

I don't want to get things raging, but what's the point of having a crossbow on a car that looks like its aimed at something. Random photo op? Also notice HHN Hollywood had concept art from the walking dead house and one picture shows a concept for a prison inmate. Idk but it feels cheap seeing the waking dead is truly about humans and zombies are just one of the enemy's. but in the end, I shouldn't complain. Better than nothing

I don't want to get things raging, but what's the point of having a crossbow on a car that looks like its aimed at something. Random photo op? Also notice HHN Hollywood had concept art from the walking dead house and one picture shows a concept for a prison inmate. Idk but it feels cheap seeing the waking dead is truly about humans and zombies are just one of the enemy's. but in the end, I shouldn't complain. Better than nothing

Hollywood may from speculation point that is may have The Governer and Michone at the least since their names are being thrown all over the place (The Governer is mentioned in the discription of The Terror Tram & Maze, and they use Michone Pets and actualy called them "Michone Pets" as oppose to something like "Pet Walkers" as far as the inmate if we are wrong and it may be the concept prove this that besides those two the survivor may be based off the main survivor but "Not Them" I know it sounds stupid they made a refrence to Rick and had a survivor in the blue coat with an axe covered in walker guts come out in the Atlanta scene but it was "Not Rick" kinda how that Inmate looks like the inmates from the prison but is "Not Them".

All for you holding out for survivor lookalikes are going to be very disappointed.

Well there's confirmation. Universal is selling toys of the characters in it's stores. Most of the event is based on The Walking Dead, yet you won't see any of them in the house or street experience? Same crossbow and bag of guns as last year to stimulate that they were there...I think its a blown opportunity, that wouild have made a lot of the sets better which really sucks. I just have a feeling you have a much higher chance of seeing them in Hollywood than Orlando. The only reason I see them not being there is people would want to stop for photo ops but when has that changed anything..

Guest kiwisoup

http://youtu.be/-0hTS04IY2A

Walkthrough from today's media event. It's looking much improved but I have a few critiques/comments... that guy yelling that you can hear through most of the maze makes me almost sorry I every asked for survivors in the house. What is with the zombie movement? They look like they are all having epileptic seizures. Last, whoever said there wouldn't be anything more than generic survivors was full of it.

Spoilers! Obviously.

I don't even care though personally because I have little to no anticipation for this house.

That said... The B&W doesn't do it justice I'm sure.

You are right the zombies don't move like they should. But ... well TWD movement is slow, dull, and boring.

Looks like they are trying to spice it up. I applaud them for that.

The sets look good and I can't wait to see them. I hope I get there and I'm wrong but it feels a lot like the original with better sets.

• Like 1

Hard to tell from a black and white video with possibly unfinished elements...but I think some of the scareactors may have turned up the energy a bit too much. But it's a while (not too long but a while) before the event starts so we'll see.

Sets look nice though.

The zombies are being told to be aggressive. Last years number one guest complaint was that the zombies were not aggressive enough. They're just doing what they're told. Wether it's faithful to TWD or not is different. The streets won't be like that.

The guy who's supposed to resemble Meryl was pretty much thrown in there. And they legally can't call him Meryl and he couldn't be alive. Therefore they made him a zombie. He's not a survivor. He's supposed to be dead. Therefore the only survivors are actually generic. Army Guy and Corrections Victim.

Edited by The_Bled

I much rather prefer epileptic seizure zombies than have boring slow zombies.
I know it is not true to the show, but who cares really? I mean, If you think about it the zombies last year were more true to the zombies in the show but they barely moved sometimes.

These zombies might be twitching and acting weird but that will help the house I think.

I noticed that some of the actors had the same type of mask as last year? so that has not changed?

Alright so I pretty much completely spoiled myself, but there's no way I could wait.

Pros:
The main facade
The set designs

The Governers mancave with the popout area for Penny
The interactive elements that have been added with the survivors
The crouching area with Penny
The riot walkers
Meryl (yeah I know it can't officially be him)
Lori
Hershels leg
The sound effects throughout giving the whole thing a lot more urgency
The music from the show being utilized with the main theme heard in one video
The length and arrangement of the house

Cons:
Lack of most of the characters from the show (already was confirmed but still sucks)
There are not enough walkers in certain areas
No one up on the guard tower
Some of the walkers masks look cheap again
Wish we had heard Ricks voice in the phone room

Overall: It looks way better than last year, and really happy to see the interactive elements thrown in that I hoped for with the survivors. The dude screaming does get annoying but it has that Universal feel, and am not bothered. The sets look incredible and the scareactors have a lot more energy. The house itself also has way more sound effects then last year, and loving that the main theme does appear in the house even though The Pulse is not heard which is a bummer. I'm hearing different soundtracks for both walk throughs so maybe this will be incorporated in, or just can't be heard in the videos. Some of the prosthetics look great but some of the masks still look cheap. The arrangement and flow of the house is really good. Excited to actually walk through it and see if more is added outside of the facade.

Edited by somebody85