The Walking Dead : No Safe Haven

JDW

I keep thinking of the courtyard from Forsaken during all the facade talk.

The courtyard really was the facade for Forsaken.

What if we get the prison facade in the middle of the house?

If they use the back entrance of the building like last year, a prison facade in the middle of the house would be better, I think.

(I haven't seen season 3, so I'm going purely on imagination. I also didn't read the entire thread, so I apologize if someone has already mentioned this)

EDIT:

Again I haven't seen season 3, but from what I've read, picture this.

The last Woodbury scene is the arena. So, you make it out off the gauntlet only to find yourself in the prison fences. Then as you leave the fences, prison facade.

Does that work? (Yes, I know I need to watch season 3)

Edited by mystiquephreeq
  • Like 2

Yea I think it would work but I really hate that back entrance. I would be fine with just having the Woodbury wall with stacked tires and sheet metal at the front entrance. Maybe have one or two spot lights scanning the area. I would be ok with that, as long as we get a prison facade inside.

Edited by LuitaChris
  • Like 1

It would be pretty cool to have the back entrance. When you leave the House through the front of the building, you find yourself exiting the prison walls and going through an outdoor outbreak full of walkers that will chase you out of the whole Kid Zone area. Just an idea from someone who has not seen a single Walking Dead episode :P

It would be pretty cool to have the back entrance. When you leave the House through the front of the building, you find yourself exiting the prison walls and going through an outdoor outbreak full of walkers that will chase you out of the whole Kid Zone area. Just an idea from someone who has not seen a single Walking Dead episode :P

that could never happen...

Somebody earlier said that there was merchandise potential if they used characters from the show.

They are already selling character merchandise from the show.

Funko-Walking-Dead-Rick-Grimes.jpgFK029542.jpgFUN3085-Walking-Dead-Michonne-Pop!-Vinyl

I bought these three cuties at Universal yesterday.

Also a "green army guy" style set of a Walker Horde in packaging with artwork that suspiciously resembles that from the HHN 23 website.

• Like 2

I have an Idea. How about Two different experiences in The Parade Building. Prison façade on one end and a Woodbury façade on the other. When you go through the prison façade, you go through what Rick and his group went through, while the Woodbury people go through what The Governor and his people went through.

Somebody earlier said that there was merchandise potential if they used characters from the show.

They are already selling character merchandise from the show.

Funko-Walking-Dead-Rick-Grimes.jpgFK029542.jpgFUN3085-Walking-Dead-Michonne-Pop!-Vinyl

I bought these three cuties at Universal yesterday.

Also a "green army guy" style set of a Walker Horde in packaging with artwork that suspiciously resembles that from the HHN 23 website.

Oh wow, now that's interesting! I definitely don't remember those being there last year or anything relating to the actual characters. They just sold the T-shirt with the walker on it and the shot glass.

Huh, very cool and I'm sure this merchandise will be expanded at the event to other locations:

"The Walking Dead fans can now get their fix of the zombie apocalypse show before it even returns to AMC with Universal’s The Walking Dead merchandise items at the Terminator Store. The merchandise has everything you could ask for like zombie figurines, a Walking Dead Board game, trading cards, survival tips, Minimates figures, vinylmation-type Walking Dead figures, and apparel."

Source: http://www.bestoforlando.com/articles/get-your-walking-dead-fix-with-goodies-at-universal-orlando/ (This was before TWD was announced this year too)

Maybe AMC did let up on the restrictions this year and will allow Orlando to hire actors to play them! That would be awesome if that's the case. And with there likeness already being sold, Universal should have the rights, so there really is no reason why we shouldn't see them.

Back to the facade..if the entrance is Woodbury (which would be so easy to do) like Mystique I really hope we see a full prison facade in the middle of the house.

Edited by somebody85
  • Like 1

I, too, had been thinking about an interior facade. The Forsaken courtyard was so effective - do the Woodbury barricade as an external facade (front entrance, please :P ), then do the storyline and transitions as others have suggested, with a Prison facade in the midst of the house. Two facades for one house; that would go a ways towards making this year's TWD house live up to the focus put on the property, and really showcase what creative is truly capable of and best at.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Saw this posted by AdmiralTyler in construction discussion.. wasn't sure if anyone mentioned it. But looks like we are getting the woodbury fortress/barricade possibly?

DSCF1649.jpg
Edited by noah
  • Like 1

Maybe AMC did let up on the restrictions this year and will allow Orlando to hire actors to play them! That would be awesome if that's the case. And with there likeness already being sold, Universal should have the rights, so there really is no reason why we shouldn't see them.

Back to the facade..if the entrance is Woodbury (which would be so easy to do) like Mystique I really hope we see a full prison facade in the middle of the house.

my biggest hope is that they let Universal use the human characters. I wish for nothing more than to see them in the house or the streets....

• 2 weeks later...

Holy smokes! The prison sets look amazing! I'm not really impressed by the Woodbury town set though. It looks a bit cheap and something pre-40th Knott's would do.

Agreed Freak, I'm hoping other Woodbry rooms look better because that store front looks like it's styrofoam that's been painted over. Kind of like the fence is in front of that wall to keep it from falling over. The truck/entrance looks cool though but not high enough. The prisons really impressive, so I think that's just a taste of it all. I'm wondering what that building is that the prison tower is attached too.

Edited by somebody85

Heard a rumor at Universal that Daryl, Meryl, and Michonne will be running through the park. Also Bicycle girl is already set up in the Scarezone in central park, it's tarped up.

Oh God I really hope this is true. I don't want to get my hopes up but I hope this is the case. I would love to see Rick and Shane as well........

I would wish the house had the Governor too,

Oh God I really hope this is true. I don't want to get my hopes up but I hope this is the case. I would love to see Rick and Shane as well........

I would wish the house had the Governor too,

. You would think we would see Shane at the Camp, maybe Rick wondering around, and Governor should be somewhere. I mean you can't have the head room without him. In a dream world I would love if the Atlanta scarezones had people up on the roofs. I'm also hoping we see survivors in riot gear with the shields and everything.

more good stuff today! So they put out these facades in central park, two of them. One is a Dear covered in daryl's crossbows and it's dead laying on top of a hill with rocks, and the second one is a "set" that will have Bicycle girl crawling toward you as you walk in, it'll be a great place for photos! They're currently covered in tarps but I'm sure someone will post a photo of it soon.