The Walking Dead : No Safe Haven

JDW

I think I saw Milton at the beginning of that second video but maybe it was just a regular person

now that I saw the second video, the one in color. I saw that some actors have make up and not masks. And that is what a lot of people wanted... but from the video, it didn't look too good.

Edited by LV-426

I think I saw Milton at the beginning of that second video but maybe it was just a regular person

now that I saw the second video, the one in color. I saw that some actors have make up and not masks. And that is what a lot of people wanted... but from the video, it didn't look too good.

I thought the same thing when I first watched it (but it would have to be Milton at the end of Season 3). I don't think all of the makeup looks bad but the grey hair walker is a weird design. The prosthetics don't look up to par with what Hollywood showed us at there preview though but who knows how often they'll be able to pull off that quality. I hope the same is not the case with our Evil Dead compared to theirs.

Edited by somebody85

This probably shows the most, but for some reason can't hear much of the music. The detail of the house is amazing, but seeing the same cons as before. The masks not blended in with the scareactor is even more noticable here and ton be honest they look even cheaper with the lights on.

That walker eating the dude looks like a Predator. The other ones are similar looking to Hannibal Lecter with those masks...kind of weird.

Edited by somebody85

I will say that I'm excited to see that it looks a lot more immersive than last year - despite the inherent weaknesses with the zombies themselves. I didn't hear the baby crying in the scene with the dead Lori the first time I watched one of these walkthrough videos and I appreciate that little touch. In addition, I think the ending is quite good and distracting with the sirens and how much is going on.

Overall, I think the sensory experiences of the house will probably help to offset some of the weaknesses.

Edited by Kpop HHN Luvr
  • Like 1

Some of the makeups look pretty good, while others don't.

Looks like the masks are back again too :-( If you are going to put an actor in a mask, at least put some makeup around their eyes for cryin out loud haha. Reddish brown walker mask over a super pale white face (with white cheeks peering through the eye holes) looks absolutely terrible.

The layout of the house looks pretty cool though and I am definitely looking forward to going through it. Hopefully the survivor on the truck with the gun will have lost his voice by the time I get through haha. His shouting gets very old, vey fast. I feel bad for the actors in the house if they have to listen to that all night every night for the next month.

• Like 2

I love the fact they have some characters in the house... Milton, Merle, and Lori... This is really something that was needed and I think will really excite TWD fans. I know I really appreciate it and I'm a TWD addict. Great details in this house and looks to be 10 times better than last years house

• Like 1

Guest kiwisoup

Hopefully the survivor on the truck with the gun will have lost his voice by the time I get through haha. His shouting gets very old, vey fast. I feel bad for the actors in the house if they have to listen to that all night every night for the next month.

I noticed in one of the clearer vids that the actors are actually wearing earplugs :-P. Also, people in the Hollywood forums are just having a field day with bashing on the walkthrough videos from last night. I'm interested to see how their's pans out...guess we'll find out in a matter of days :-)

Edited by kiwisoup

out of 8 houses there will be some houses that are not that great. But that can be a good thing because that lets you have more time to visit the good houses over and over lol :)

(the problem becomes when more than half of the houses are disappointing, like last year, because then you end up repeating the same two houses too much lol)

Really hope this doesn't end up being like years wait times for this house... well actually i do! TWD is fantastic and this house looks absolutely amazing, but nothing to do with HHN or TWD, zombies just don't scare me... The only good zombies i've ever seen at HHN was zombiegedden and that was because it was my first year and i thought everything was like the most amazing thing in the world (which i still do lol). I hope this doesn't have a line so i can use some more times in other houses before using express, cause i really pick about 3/4 houses to do before having to use express (CITW, ED, LL and/or TWD) Other than that this house detail looks awesome and seeing some characters will be awesome

Edited by jetsfreakHHN
  • Like 1

My thought on the walkthrough vids.

I love TWD. I can understand why the zombies are more energetic. They need scary zombies. Yes, slow moving moaning ones are scary, but only in large packs. so I can see why they did it. I like that they have some survivors. Considering Woodbury was not a infested place yet, it would make sense to have some.

So really I am going to like this house. This house is more about walking through the show scenes than the zombies.

Now who was saying there were no characters from the show in this maze? ;)

you know, If we got Zombie Merle and Milton.... Couldn't they have Zombie Shane and Sofia in the barn scarezone? (I am aware that zombie Shane was never near the barn, but he technically became a zombie around that area,)

I would like to see that at least...

Edited by LV-426

Pick from Inside the Magic (with slight alterations in size, grain, and color)

2d0dz07.jpg

I saw the fire lamps in some of the videos, but really awesome also to see the full bleachers next to the chained up walker fighting area (which I hope is put to use). Didn't see that coming. Really cool facade

Edited by somebody85

I never looked at TWD as a scary show. It's really just a Drama with zombies, so it's no surprise the house looks to be the snooper of this year, just like it was last year. Hopefully after this year it'll be gone for good and we can get some better material. What they need to get their hands on is American Horror Story. THAT show would make a kick ass house.

• Like 2

http://www.latimes.com/travel/deals/themeparks/la-trb-walking-dead-halloween-horror-nights-20130911,0,2918731.story?page=1

Yeah..so that sounds pretty awesome but also confirms Hollywood is also using masks. I don't think the cell block will look as detailed there but that animatronic horde idea sounds awesome. As does the change from the Governers room (which I don't understand why they couldn't have done that here).

"Fans of the show will recognize several characters in the maze and in some cases relive their untimely demise."

If the main characters show there that really sucks that it could not have been the same in Orlando. I know the article doesn't mention it so characters could mean recognizable walkers..but if Rick, Daryl, Michonne, The Governor etc show there really is no reason Orlando could not have had them. But other than a few select scenes, the house sounds very similar but I think there also will be more gore. Waiting to watch the Walk Through next week.

Edited by somebody85

I, too, was hoping for ALL characters to be present either in the house or on the streets. But, if we are allowed walker look-alikes, then that still leaves several options: Shane, Merle, Sophia, Amy, Milton, Penny, Jenny, Jim(?) - just the name the ones I can remember. And, not saying that they'll all be in the house, but the streets are open too.

"dumb blonde who takes too long to get free" ...lol. I still think having Rick on the guardtower like the comic con setup would have been awesome.

And I don't understand why AMC wouldn't let them use the characters. They are selling their likeness in the store. That should be free game.

Edited by somebody85
  • Like 1