Halloween Horror Nights 23 Speculation

JDW

I thought AC was a good house, and not only because i'm an alice cooper fan, but the house itself was pretty cool. It's hillarious to hear some sa "they tried their best with what they're given" phrase. Like if they gave them a cardboard box and a can lol.
I absolutely meant no disrespect at all. I am a HUGE HHNfan that's just the phrase I grew up hearing. It obviously was better than a cardboard box and a can but... compared to: Screamhouse Body Collectors Wolfman Frankenstein Just to name a few it just didn't compare in my personal opinion.

Well if they actually had done more than glare are you... it may have been a lot better. Also the lack of human characters and recognizable zombies. The sets were nice though..

I hope they learned from that this year. There is a lot of potential this year:

I can't recall a bad house in the Parade building.

There should be no light intrusion

The prison theme in itself is frightening enough in the dark with the music and low light with or without zombies.

They are putting all their eggs in the TWD basket so I would hope they would go all out on set design, costumes, etc.

• Like 3

Hopefully they do something with those masks (mostly where they don't cover the neck of the actor). It will be darker in the Parade building and less noticeable, but last year (especially in the zone outside of the maze) the costumes looked incomplete mainly because of the neck issue.

You could definitely tell they were just actors in masks which totally killed the immersion. Since Uni is a movie studio, I know they can do better than that.

• Like 2

Speaking of prisons...

The OTHER Prison may be less like DE and more like... 3D

That sounds meh to me. I like 3D houses, but this would be the 3rd in a row if this is true.

11- In-between

12- P&T

13- Hellgate Prision in 3D?

I just hope they don't rehash the exact same room like they did in cooper last year. Inbetween had the mirror room with the string, Alice made it a spider room with no changes.

other than that, I wont mind the 3D house.

It sounds interesting, but in more of a weird kind of way. When I think of the houses that were in 3D like the In-Between and Penn & Teller, I see them as silly, crazy looking, full of eye candy, and even psychedelic in certain rooms of those houses.

So to hear that it might be 3D is weird since its more creepy and darker that the past 3D houses. Still I know A&D could pull off this 3D Hellgate house, but I'm curious to know how?

I thought The In-between was a serious house. Psychedelic yes but not funny.

Where is the Hellgate stuff coming from?

I LOVED The In-Between - I thought it was scary because it was so disorienting. It was one of my fave houses that year. P&T was ok for what it was - more comedy, IMO. If it's 3D, I hope it's more the In-Between route.

• Like 1

Sorry what I meant to say was a Hellgate type house, or a prison type house. Also I too felt that In-Between was serious, I was thinking of Penn & Teller and Jacks Funhouse when I said silly.

I think the point JDW and I are trying to make is that this is most likely not a prison based house at all. In all likelihood there is ONE scene in a prison and the rest is something completely different. The house concept was pretty much stated sometime near the end of May (probably about 50 pages ago) so I just want to make sure that those who do not read back do not get on the wrong track.

Now that I have hopefully corrected that error in thinking, I will disappear again into my own imagination.

True. We've called it the other prison house for lack of using the actual name. But I'm not certain the orignal idea is entirely correct either. Similar but not exact.

For one, notice that they changed the guys name and his method of killing. Based on what PS has been feeding us doesn't even sound like he's remotely the same guy anymore. It's has strayed a long way from the original guy is was alleged to be based on... except the execution and the aftermath

From HHN Orlando Facebook page:

Join us in learning what fate has in store for you at HHN23 during ‪#‎HHNRevealWeek‬.

Next week, we’ll be revealing new info about HHN23 every midnight (ET) beginning August 12. Keep an eye out for daily hints on what’s to come...

So I'm guessing this is the full reveal, or just some of the houses, and elements of this year.

From HHN Orlando Facebook page:

So I'm guessing this is the full reveal, or just some of the houses, and elements of this year.

5 days...5 houses left to be revealed. That's what I guessed they were going to do when they started showing hints towards the others but not saying what it is. I did think Resident Evil would have warranted its own announcement though.

............. Can I pay extra to have something cut off by Michonne, d'y'all think?

Alternately......

Can we get a Breaking Bad house? All you'd need is Skylar White with her monstrous jowls ....... And they can have a whole room for Marie that is just like PURPLE IN YOUR FACE........ And, uh, I don't know what else they could have..................... What about like... A magnet?