Halloween Horror Nights 23 Speculation

JDW

I dont know why but i feel that: Evil Dead, Walking Dead and Insidious its a better combo than Cabin in the woods mostly because Insidious will be hot in October, also Paranormal houses can be really scary. On other side CITW can be anything really...

PS. Resident Evil is such a SH leftover....

Edited by Mickey Waffles

Now there's people on facebook hoping for a House of 1000 Corpses house. Sorry to post this but it's entertaining as hell lol.

I dont know why but i feel that: Evil Dead, Walking Dead and Insidious its a better combo than Cabin in the woods mostly because Insidious will be hot in October, also Paranormal houses can be really scary. On other side CITW can be anything really... PS. Resident Evil is such a SH leftover....
Insidious is going to be much like last year's Dead End. So smart not to go with it.
  • Like 1

Yeah I'm also seeing the same order: Prison/Electrocution house tonight, Havoc tomorrow, AWIL on Thursday, Resident Evil as a last minute surprise on Friday.

Makes sense to reveal it last from that list to generate the most buzz. And especially for people who don't know it's coming and think there are only 4 houses. Imagine if they revealed Resident Evil already and then revealed these houses next. I don't think there would be as much excitement. That's there last ace in the hole and is an obviously well known IP.

I hope this doesn't mean they aren't putting some effort into the house though. It should not be an afterthought at the event.

Edited by somebody85

They do put effort into everything they do. But it isn't always the same effort and/or money. They throw houses together last mintue often (as things change and they have to) so the result is usually a bare house with less detial. Luckily, they have a lot of ingenuity and can make these houses work 9 times out of 10.

Also, equally as lucky is that the only change up was Ed and that was MONTHS ago. We have had the most certain lineup we've had in years. So I do not expect the houses to lack on the whole.

• Like 5

Classic monster house last year was awesome and was thrown in in the last minute. Bear in mind these people have to work on other projects non HHN related, like harry potter. So effort should not be questioned whatsoever.

Hence the "they have a lot of ingenuity and can make these houses work 9 times out of 10" bit in my post :P

But not to question whatsoever lol OK.

Repeat this mantra:

• Like 4

I thought maybe they would release RE on thursday and Havoc on friday.... I understand that RE would bring in more newcomers and it's way bigger than Havoc, but maybe they want to reach out to people who have been to past event more. I feel they're trying hard this year to give major fans more than before (Evil takes root, legendary truth + FFP extra, Aiello on Twitter) that maybe they're trying to reach for the major fans this year

I thought maybe they would release RE on thursday and Havoc on friday.... I understand that RE would bring in more newcomers and it's way bigger than Havoc, but maybe they want to reach out to people who have been to past event more. I feel they're trying hard this year to give major fans more than before (Evil takes root, legendary truth + FFP extra, Aiello on Twitter) that maybe they're trying to reach for the major fans this year

Nope. They're more concerned with new fans... not old. You're getting your fancy stuff. House reveals aren't for you.
  • Like 3

Nope. They're more concerned with new fans... not old. You're getting your fancy stuff. House reveals aren't for you.

Seconded. Look at the streets for proof of this statement. If that is not enough proof, take into consideration that what they ARE doing for the streets was not at all the original plan. They are satisfying the GP, not the longtime attendees.

Longtime attendees will always come. Just look at some of the post here but more so on facebook that say, "even tho it sucks and i don't like what they're doing, im still going becouse i'm not giving up on my beloved hhn". Beyond my comprehension but reality is stranger then fiction.

• Like 1

They do put effort into everything they do. But it isn't always the same effort and/or money. They throw houses together last mintue often (as things change and they have to) so the result is usually a bare house with less detial. Luckily, they have a lot of ingenuity and can make these houses work 9 times out of 10.

Also, equally as lucky is that the only change up was Ed and that was MONTHS ago. We have had the most certain lineup we've had in years. So I do not expect the houses to lack on the whole.

Exactly thats what I meant. I just don't want the Resident Evil house to not have as much thought put into it for such a big IP at the event, just because it's announced last (if that's the case). I'm not denying the effort thrown into the event at all and can't wait. I hope Universal learns from what Japan did with the property and think its brilliant marketing if they announce it last. That will target the GA a lot more then something like Havoc would and create even more buzz going into the event after weeks without a big IP revealed. Especially with people clamoring for something like Insidious, Purge, etc on HHNs facebook page.

Edited by somebody85

I'm sure they have something planned way before you even suggested it. Universal did not become what it is now by lick.

Oh I'd bet on it, as long as the rights for that property allow it (which so far looks to be the case) and the budget is there. Like JDW said the house lineup has not changed so I have a feeling this year is going to be really good because all of these houses have had the time to be really thought out. The only other expansions Universal has been working on is Harry Potter and the Simpsons reinovation (and the latter is about finished). They should have a lot of time to focus on HHN this year with Transformers being finished and open months ago.

Edited by somebody85

I dont know why but i feel that: Evil Dead, Walking Dead and Insidious its a better combo than Cabin in the woods mostly because Insidious will be hot in October, also Paranormal houses can be really scary. On other side CITW can be anything really...

PS. Resident Evil is such a SH leftover....

Cabin In The Woods has endless possibilities why would you want to replace it with Insidious? If you want to replace any house do it with AWIL... And Resident Evil and Silent Hill are so different how is that a leftover?

• Like 1