Halloween Horror Nights 23 Speculation

JDW

Lol, what does the order things are revealed in have to do with anything? Everything will get revealed in the end and everyone will know about it. It doesn't say anything about quality. Evil Dead could have been announced last and it'd still be the same house it is now because they've been working on it for months already.

As for them trying to reach out to the fans... I don't really think they care about the fans anymore. This year is all about big names.

• Like 1

we all know that Universal Recycle Its props for the houses, and I think that RE and SH have more much in common that u think, they are smart they're not putting it out so you notice, but secretly it is, the creepy monsters\zombies, weird creatures, eerie ambiance, they could do umbrella corp but we will have to wait to see.

Edited by Mickey Waffles

And, again, Universal is forcing a potential franchise in how they title their houses. They HAD to title La Llorona with "Urban Legends" and now they had to title this "Afterlife: Death's Vengence."

Seriously. Why couldn't they just title it either or? Do they already see "Afterlife: Eternal Justice" and "Afterlife: I Pooed Myself" as future houses?

The worse part about this new era is how they title their houses. Every house is presented as a potential franchise. That was one nice thing about Dead End and Gothic; they didn't make an obvious attempt to seed a potential franchise.

• Like 1

Havoc: Who let the dogs out?

LOL Havoc: Crazy Train

Despite the posibility of a terrible title, I'm really am excited about it. I am excited to see the train crash.

It's got me thinking about a new track for it. The old one probably doesn't fit anymore.

• Like 2

And, again, Universal is forcing a potential franchise in how they title their houses. They HAD to title La Llorona with "Urban Legends" and now they had to title this "Afterlife: Death's Vengence."

Seriously. Why couldn't they just title it either or? Do they already see "Afterlife: Eternal Justice" and "Afterlife: I Pooed Myself" as future houses?

The worse part about this new era is how they title their houses. Every house is presented as a potential franchise. That was one nice thing about Dead End and Gothic; they didn't make an obvious attempt to seed a potential franchise.

HHN has been using subtitles for years. For example:

2006:

Scream House: Resurrection

All Nite Die-In: Take 2

Psychoscareapy: Maximum Madness

Dungeon of Terror: Retold

The People Under the Stairs: Under Construction

Psycho Path: The Return of Norman Bates

Run: Hostile Territory

2007:

Jack's Funhouse in Clown-O-Vision

A Nightmare on Elm Street: Dreamwalkers

Friday the 13th: Camp Blood

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: Flesh Wounds

Dead Silence: The Curse of Mary Shaw

PsychoScareapy: Home for the Holidays

The Thing: Assimilation

Vampyr: Blood Bath

2010:

Horror Nights: The Hallow'd Past

Catacombs: Black Death Rising

Havoc: Dogs of War

The Orfanage: Ashes to Ashes

ZombieGeddon

Hades: The Gates of Ruin

PsychoScareapy: Echoes of Shadybrook

Legendary Truth: The Wyandot Estate

That's three events (which were pretty great by most accounts) where almost every house was subtitled.

Yeah the Urban Legends pre fix is kinda bleh but Florida has much more of a Cuban than Mexican Latino population so most guests might need some help understanding that La Llorona is the Mexican Bloody Mary

HHN has been using subtitles for years.

That's three events (which were pretty great by most accounts) where almost every house was subtitled.

Yeah the Urban Legends pre fix is kinda bleh but Florida has much more of a Cuban than Mexican Latino population so most guests might need some help understanding that La Llorona is the Mexican Bloody Mary

You appear to misunderstand my annoyance. Sequels or variations on a known story (all of 2006 and most of the IPs in 2007 and 2009), I understand. Those require a sub-title to differientiate them from what came before them. My complaint is the fact that, in introducing a house with a sub-title, they are preemptively working towards a potential franchise. Afterlife didn't need such a cumbersome title for a house (Afterlife, Death's Vengence, or something else could have worked), but instead they are allowing themselves an "out" in the event they want (or need) to revisit the concept.

I make the same complaint everytime they needless attach subtitles to new houses. The only two houses it didn't bother me too much on were Legendary Truth (which tied the house to know property) and Havoc (because of the Shakespeare tie). But Body Collectors didn't need it. Psychoscarepy didn't need it. Screamhouse didn't need it...

It's needless and pointless, and makes the marketing of the houses feel absurdly manufactured (to me) than the organic surprise of a new franchise.

Cheap, reusing the same house as The Spawning the year prior only with a new paint job and props. But the cast had a ridiculous amount of intensity and aggression that made it all work.

I'm legitimate curious to see if a new cast can match the original.

• Like 3

I like that its gonna have a different look and environment but, like you Legacy, I'm curious to see if this new cast can match the aggression and intensity of the original, which was the main reason why Havoc was such a sleeper hit in 2010. I'll love the setting, yet I know for a fact this one of the many houses in which cast's performance will determine my verdict of appreciation.

I'm pretty stoked for the Havoc sequel house. I really loved the first Havoc. It was completely insane and intense (a suprise machine-gun scare....how often does that happen?). My bro didn't go to 2010, so this will be his first introduction to the Dogs, so I hope that this house is every bit as insane and intense as the first house (hopefully more so)