Halloween Horror Nights 23 Speculation

JDW

I do apologize if this has been spec on but could this "Dark Sinister Woods" where "Unexplained things. Horrible things. Are happing." be are grave yard from least year in the sense that the woods will house are legions. and LT is sending us Into The Woods to investigate. maybe even have the cabin from the video be where skool house was in 08 and have someone be the root of all evil? The tag line or phrase is more of a question to us What Evil Has Taken Root? to me its asking what has found home in the woods each path you take darker than the other leading you to that which nightmares or from. I don't know maybe its too soon to be looking deep.

Funny, that's what I've called "Fear" since first laying eyes on the little sap. *this comment is in No way spec related*

I hope its not him. even though inside the bagpack was certain items that could be used for some kind of ritual

Edited by HHNChef

Just throwing out a guess here, but maybe the items in the backpack in the video blog all pertain to each specific house. The first being shown to us directly is a cell phone with a video clip of a cabin in the woods on it. Hence the first house revealed is The Cabin in the Woods. Although we only see them pull out 3 objects before the cell phone, there could be more inside of the bag yet to come. I think it would be a way to link the houses together without a direct tie in to each other.

• Like 2

Re: Past HHN/Universal Horror creatures in CITW.

Technically some characters fit into the monsters listed on the white board.

Albert Caine = Doctor

Jack Schmidt = Clown

Wolfman...well, you get the picture. I don't think these familiar creatures will replace the entities in the movie, but it'll be awesome to see them have cameos with them.

Nope?

Wait. Now that I'm typing, did they mention Universal Horror creatures as well as HHN oldies? Or am I confusing it with spec? Ugh I need tea.

EDIT: Because I can't grammar today apparently.

Edited by nikifury138

Wait. Now that I'm typing, did they mention Universal Horror creatures as well as HHN oldies? Or am I confusing it with spec? Ugh I need tea.

This is from Inside the Magic's interview with Goddard and Aiello: "Aiello added that a few of Universal’s own creations from the past will find their way in."

This is from Inside the Magic's interview with Goddard and Aiello: "Aiello added that a few of Universals own creations from the past will find their way in."

Thank you for the clarification, sir or madam!! See? I'm not going crazy.

Jeff, do you think they'll make the set big enough this time? XD

I bet we'll see some form of Jack.

I wonder how they'll pull of the unicorn.

My guess it it'll be a prop head that pops out of a boo hole. Not too difficult to fabricate and can be either put on a timer or triggered by guests.

Or, if they go the way of full sized prop, they could have it impaling a scareactor to the wall, and just run some strobes, make the tail move, voila! Illusion of more movement.

Or maybe two scareactors in a unicorn suit...

It just dawned on me that people who've never seen CITW are going to be very confused by the unicorn...

• Like 2

Food for thought going back to the construction picture from back in June of the dead trees by the tents. I think we might see a house based on the central theme in one of the tents. The theme being this Dark Sinister Woods we will be exploring. Possible an icon house if we have one this year. And yes an Icon house can be in the tent Jack's fun house was in one back in 07 and tent houses have been fan favorites for sometime now.

My guess it it'll be a prop head that pops out of a boo hole. Not too difficult to fabricate and can be either put on a timer or triggered by guests.

Or, if they go the way of full sized prop, they could have it impaling a scareactor to the wall, and just run some strobes, make the tail move, voila! Illusion of more movement.

Or maybe two scareactors in a unicorn suit...

It just dawned on me that people who've never seen CITW are going to be very confused by the unicorn...

People who haven't seen CITW are going to be confused by pretty much everything.

• Like 7

Just throwing out a guess here, but maybe the items in the backpack in the video blog all pertain to each specific house. The first being shown to us directly is a cell phone with a video clip of a cabin in the woods on it. Hence the first house revealed is The Cabin in the Woods. Although we only see them pull out 3 objects before the cell phone, there could be more inside of the bag yet to come. I think it would be a way to link the houses together without a direct tie in to each other.

Now that's an interesting idea! I need to watch the video again to see if the other couple items she pulled out match up.

• Like 1

People who haven't seen CITW are going to be confused by pretty much everything.

I guess if they show a queue video explaining how everything works and why they have monsters in there it will help people understand the house?

• Like 1