Halloween Horror Nights 23 Speculation

JDW

well ebony is a wood that is extremly dense and actually sinks in water, ivory comes from whales or walrus's so comes from the water and its extremly poruse and will float in water....whaling ships were made from wood to hunt whales for many things including ivory....an original house that we get put on a ship of whale hunters?...reminds me a lot of foresaken though

That..is one heck of a stretch my friend. I don't see another boat house coming back soon.

I'm also stuck on the wording part of the clue.

familiar places --> inspiration

death-filled spaces --> ??

Fear could come from death-filled spaces. Because there is a very common fear of the unknown, this would counteract the "familiar" portion of the first part. Does this mean a return of Fear?

But what does this have to do with stevie wonder, and the ebony and ivory reference? The song is all about people coming together, no matter what their skin color or race (since racism was still rampant back then). So, "inspiration, "familiar places", and "harmony" are all positive. So then comes "death-filled spaces", and the missing link (my guess above was fear, but it could be something else). So then, what's the opposite of harmony? Well, the in-group/out-group effect, essentially. Maybe this is just further referencing the return of Horror Unearthed and the different legions....all of the legions playing against each other, causing the complete opposite of harmony.

On paper, Ebony and Ivory is about a piano. Piano is used in a lot of Alice Cooper songs. A musician being a hint for a musician might be a bit on the nose though.

The song was released in 1982...as was Poltergeist. The movie "Pieces" stood out to me as a possible hint. It prominently features a chainsaw.

There's that song Higher Ground, which makes me think of The Walking Dead. You know...surviving...you gotta head to higher ground.

There's also one of his songs "That Girl" which could be La Llorona, Carrie, or a returning icon.

Ebony and Ivory are the name of weapons in Devil May Cry. Not that we're going to see a house of that, but maybe a hint of a theme.

Wonder, Nevada is a ghost town. Could be Legendary Truth.

But it's probably TWD.
Edited by ferox

I'm also stuck on the wording part of the clue.

familiar places --> inspiration

death-filled spaces --> ??

Fear could come from death-filled spaces. Because there is a very common fear of the unknown, this would counteract the "familiar" portion of the first part. Does this mean a return of Fear?

But what does this have to do with stevie wonder, and the ebony and ivory reference? The song is all about people coming together, no matter what their skin color or race (since racism was still rampant back then). So, "inspiration, "familiar places", and "harmony" are all positive. So then comes "death-filled spaces", and the missing link (my guess above was fear, but it could be something else). So then, what's the opposite of harmony? Well, the in-group/out-group effect, essentially. Maybe this is just further referencing the return of Horror Unearthed and the different legions....all of the legions playing against each other, causing the complete opposite of harmony.

Are we sure the song is relevant? Could it be the Ifrit was just looking for a pic of Stevie Wonder and that's what he/she picked? I mean, Stevie Wonder - ok - I would think more along the lines of "Superstition" especially based on the quote that accompanies it. Uni is very good at playing up these kinds of fears - superstition, urban myth, etc, etc.. I was just thnking maybe everyone is focused too much on what might've been a random choice. Or not.

On paper, Ebony and Ivory is about a piano. Piano is used in a lot of Alice Cooper songs. A musician being a hint for a musician might be a bit on the nose though.

well to continue with this, if ifrit is following suit of going with the docs clues, could this be another clue torwards phantom of the opera?

Familiar places = something where we've been

Contrast = pictures

Ebony and Ivory = Black and White (colors not race)

Death-filled spaces = mortuary or cemetery

A return of a familiar setting either a mortuary or cemetery? Another blacklit house?

I've never watched AHS, so would black and white fit this? Because we could also have:

Familiar places = asylum

Death-filled spaces = Murder house

(I know the basics)

It could also be TWD.

Familiar places = prison and it was at HHN last year.

Death-filled spaces = the walkers

Contrast and Black and White could hint toward Dead Exposure, which would point to zombie.

• Like 4

Familiar places = something where we've been

Contrast = pictures

Ebony and Ivory = Black and White (colors not race)

Death-filled spaces = mortuary or cemetery

A return of a familiar setting either a mortuary or cemetery? Another blacklit house?

I've never watched AHS, so would black and white fit this? Because we could also have:

Familiar places = asylum

Death-filled spaces = Murder house

(I know the basics)

It could also be TWD.

Familiar places = prison and it was at HHN last year.

Death-filled spaces = the walkers

Contrast and Black and White could hint toward Dead Exposure, which would point to zombie.

I think the comic is actually in black and white, too.
  • Like 1

I simply CAN NOT WAIT for this!

Me neither. I bought my tickets today. Just an FYI... bring you HU card... just saying. :)

Edit: Wow I dun kilt the discussion. lol

I've been workig on a theory with Corey, Grimp0nd, and the Doc. But it's best placed in the LT section so I'll put it there. But i'll explain why I think you should take your cards to this event :P

• Like 2

I mentioned this on Facebook already, but I think this newest clue from the good Dr points to the return of the Body Collectors in some way, shape or form.

I believe the Buffy episode that their character was inspired from was called 'Hush', which would seem to correlate with the clue.

• Like 1

Oh for the days when the permits looked like this:

ELE2007-05668 EARTHQUAKE OVERFLOW LEATHERFAC 1000 UNIVERSAL STUDIOS PZ Finaled

ELE2007-05669 NAZZERMANS ARCADE VAMPIRES 1000 UNIVERSAL STUDIOS PZ Finaled

ELE2007-05649 JAW'S QUEUE JASON'S HOUSE 1000 UNIVERSAL STUDIOS PZ Finaled

ELE2007-05650 SPRUNG ONE THE THING 1000 UNIVERSAL STUDIOS PZ Finaled

ELE2007-05652 SPRUNG TWO CLOWN TOWN

The Permit site has changed a bit.I can't find the last couple years of permits... and can't seem to search by parcel anymore. I'll have to keep diggin to see if there is a way... lame.

Edit: NVM figured out parcel search.

You know, Dr. Jimmy, I have to wonder what you're up to. Going back and reviewing all your cryptic comment videos, you've put some other very interesting clues in them. But what do they mean? Hmmmm.... What do they mean... Here's the breakdown of what I've picked up on, and my guesses.

1) Balloons - Nothing discernable on your shirt in the first video, but the first guesses video showed Doctor Who, and the second Captain America. You also mentioned HHN dubloons in IoA, which I believe someone else found.

2) Kevin - Nothing discernable in the announcement video, but the first guesses video saw you wearing a zombie shirt from last year, and the second guesses video appears to have you wearing a shirt featuring HP Lovecraft.

3) Surname - First video had Guinness on the shirt, and the guesses video had you reading a magazine with two visible items printed on it: "Ridiculously Reliable" on one side, and an ad for "Lost Wizard" on the other. You mention reading an article about Tesla, but say it's not related. Your t-shirt had a wolf or werewolf on it.
4) Eraser - The announcement video was shot in the dark, with spotlight in upper left. The shirt you're wearing is for the Blair Witch Project, and the shirt in your guesses video says Prague.
5) Christine - Your shirt in the announcement video says "Kennedy for President," and you spend some time talking about nazi zombies and Hitler's death. The guesses video shows you fairly clearly presenting us your t-shirt that reads "The Devil is Real," with the rubber man from AHS Season One. With a quick web search, that is indeed an official AHS shirt, with the quote from a character named Leah.
6) Silencio - The announcement video was shot in the dark, and nothing visible on your shirt.
Given all that, I'm revising my guesses for the older clues, given below:
1)TBD
2) Lovecraft/Re-animator. Zombies and Lovecraft go together, and the audible version of the story is narrated by Kevin Yancy. This one feels a bit shaky, but it is a connection of all the elements I've picked up on.
3) American Werewolf in London. Guinness refers to the pub in the beginning, and the werewolf is fairly explanatory. Also, Rick Baker was presented with a Tesla award by John Landis in 2008 at the 13th annual Satellite Awards.
4)TBD
5) American Horror Story. Besides the shirt, the actress Christine Estabrook was on the first season. Additionally, the second season takes place in 1964, which is the year after President Kennedy was assassinated.
6) El Chupacabra. Until we get the guesses video and additional clues, I'm still going with my Chupacabra guess, given what I wrote in the HU Facebook group.
Not sure about comments 1 and 4 yet, but I'll figure them out yet...
  • Like 4

You know, Dr. Jimmy, I have to wonder what you're up to. Going back and reviewing all your cryptic comment videos, you've put some other very interesting clues in them. But what do they mean? Hmmmm.... What do they mean... Here's the breakdown of what I've picked up on, and my guesses.

1) Balloons - Nothing discernable on your shirt in the first video, but the first guesses video showed Doctor Who, and the second Captain America. You also mentioned HHN dubloons in IoA, which I believe someone else found.

2) Kevin - Nothing discernable in the announcement video, but the first guesses video saw you wearing a zombie shirt from last year, and the second guesses video appears to have you wearing a shirt featuring HP Lovecraft.

3) Surname - First video had Guinness on the shirt, and the guesses video had you reading a magazine with two visible items printed on it: "Ridiculously Reliable" on one side, and an ad for "Lost Wizard" on the other. You mention reading an article about Tesla, but say it's not related. Your t-shirt had a wolf or werewolf on it.
4) Eraser - The announcement video was shot in the dark, with spotlight in upper left. The shirt you're wearing is for the Blair Witch Project, and the shirt in your guesses video says Prague.
5) Christine - Your shirt in the announcement video says "Kennedy for President," and you spend some time talking about nazi zombies, Hitler's death, and. The guesses video shows you fairly clearly presenting us your t-shirt that reads "The Devil is Real," with the rubber man from AHS Season One. With a quick web search, that is indeed an official AHS shirt, with the quote from a character named Leah.
6) Silencio - The announcement video was shot in the dark, and nothing visible on your shirt.
Given all that, I'm revising my guesses for the older clues, given below:
1)TBD
2) Lovecraft/Re-animator. Zombies and Lovecraft go together, and the audible version of the story is narrated by Kevin Yancy. This one feels a bit shaky, but it is a connection of all the elements I've picked up on.
3) American Werewolf in London. Guinness refers to the pub in the beginning, and the werewolf is fairly explanatory. Also, Rick Baker was presented with a Tesla award by John Landis in 2008 at the 13th annual Satellite Awards.
4)TBD
5) American Horror Story. Besides the shirt, the actress Christine Estabrook was on the first season. Additionally, the second season takes place in 1964, which is the year after President Kennedy was assassinated.
6) El Chupacabra. Until we get the guesses video and additional clues, I'm still going with my Chupacabra guess, given what I wrote in the HU Facebook group.
Not sure about comments 1 and 4 yet, but I'll figure them out yet...

Boogey Man, you're my hero. :)

Ok I've got three guesses on this one.

1) The Silence from Doctor Who or a creature similar to it. I've noticed Doctor Who seems to be this decade's Buffy in terms of A&D borrowing or basing creatures off of. (Ex. Nightingales, Weeping Angels)

2) Possible return of Julian Browning or the Universal Palace Theater for 100 years of horror.

3) Dead Silence type house if not a continuation if Mary Shaw's curse based on the source material.

I think Dr. Jimmy's Clue number 6, Silencio, might be leading to something to do with the works of David Lynch, perhaps Mullholland Drive, but mabye not that specific. Lynch does have some very "mess with your mind" type stuff for sure.