HHN 23 Construction (Discussion)

This thread is for discussion for all things pertaining construction for Halloween Horror Nights 23. Please keep speculation, wishful thinking, etc. in the appropriate threads. Thanks!

So, given that it looks like there's a rumored prison house as well as a return of TWD, which one do you think this will be? As much as I'd like to keep the larger areas clear for the other houses, I'm guessing this is the other prison house.

I think you're right on that one. The gate style and an electric chair doesn't fit with TWD prison at all if you think about it

I love the idea of an original (not Walking Dead) prison-based house. But, I don't really like the idea of it being in a sprung tent. I feel it would fit more appropriately in a sound stage.

I know tents can put on wonderful houses (I'm not anti-tent houses) but I would just prefer this in a soundstage.

And if there is an original prison and WD prison house...that would bother me. Why two similar things? There's no need. Of course WD will bring the money. I've wished for a prison house for some years now...I hope it's original and not WD or zombie centered.

If it was the return of Hellgate, that could be pretty cool. It would also be our first pre-New Era HHN thing to return, IIRC. The new WD house may not be entirely prison oriented, either, much like last year's house wasn't just one thing. There may be bits in it from Season 4, too.

I love the idea of an original (not Walking Dead) prison-based house. But, I don't really like the idea of it being in a sprung tent. I feel it would fit more appropriately in a sound stage.

I know tents can put on wonderful houses (I'm not anti-tent houses) but I would just prefer this in a soundstage.

And if there is an original prison and WD prison house...that would bother me. Why two similar things? There's no need. Of course WD will bring the money. I've wished for a prison house for some years now...I hope it's original and not WD or zombie centered.

I'm sure it'll be original and hopefully zombie free. And if we're getting a straight prison house that's not TWD, that makes me think they'll do TWD like last year, a best-of for the whole season. Start at the prison, they could use a few places in woodbury, forest, and other places.

I'm sure it'll be original and hopefully zombie free. And if we're getting a straight prison house that's not TWD, that makes me think they'll do TWD like last year, a best-of for the whole season. Start at the prison, they could use a few places in woodbury, forest, and other places.

True. I also don't see as big of a property as The Walking Dead going in a tent. Sure two IP's were in tents last year, but if TWD returns it will most likely be the focus of the event or advertising again...and therefore I don't see it being put in a tent. I don't know, maybe that's just me.

True. I also don't see as big of a property as The Walking Dead going in a tent. Sure two IP's were in tents last year, but if TWD returns it will most likely be the focus of the event or advertising again...and therefore I don't see it being put in a tent. I don't know, maybe that's just me.

You'll probably see both original houses in the tents.

• Like 1

I think the SS's will definitely be TWD, RE and AWIL. CiTW is perfect for Disaster Overflow, so it'll probably go there. HAVOC will probably be in Sprung 2 again and the prison should be Sprung 1 as the materials are right there and it could work very well there (though i think a SS would be better for it), but it could also go in the Parade building. La Llorona should be either Sprung 1 or Parade. That leaves Evil Dead and the eighth location. SS21 i think is a possibility, but i'm at a loss for anywhere else. Maybe 2 houses in SS22?

On the topic of house locations, have the permits been made visible online? I've yet to see them..

Edited by foREVer56

they owe us a Forest part in the house. If it was up to me, I would make most of the house (if not half) in a forest. most of season 2 and parts of season 1 and 3 have been all in the forest.

I really hope they do something like that.

• Like 1

they owe us a Forest part in the house. If it was up to me, I would make most of the house (if not half) in a forest. most of season 2 and parts of season 1 and 3 have been all in the forest.

I really hope they do something like that.

So... A third set of woods...

Prison cell gates like that don't necessarily mean it's going to be a prison-based house. First thing that comes to my mind is Forsaken. Sure, different style gates, but that house had a jail cell scene but had nothing to do with a prison.

Edited by Coast

Prison cell gates like that don't necessarily mean it's going to be a prison-based house. First thing that comes to my mind is Forsaken. Sure, different style gates, but that house had a jail cell scene but had nothing to do with a prison.

Yes, yes and yes. Maybe it starts in a prison but moves on or back to other places....

• 3 weeks later...

In the Simpsons queue and I see a huge pile of dead thin tree branches!!!

Edit: I also saw a cool little sign saying "HHN project helmets required" where the entrance was which got me excited!!

Edited by Ande

• 2 weeks later...

I love the fact that they put up the wall that will make seeing the Disaster construction extremely difficult to see. I'm waiting for them to put the privacy screen on the Simpsons ramp that allows you to see Sprung 1.

Guess we won't really see much as far as "construction" goes until August.