Halloween Horror Nights (Hollywood) 2013 Speculation/Predictions

Sidenote: if I see one more person in the comment section on Facebook suggest a movie that literally just came out or a movie that hasn't even come out yet, I will kick a child.

I know exactly how you feel.

I laughed so hard at this HOH is where maze ideas go to die unless they have Dubstep then they will win epicly the number 2 slot.

did Ozzy ever run over your puppy or something? If/When we get the Black Sabbath maze are you gonna flip your sh*t?

Damn. It was worth a shot. I'll continue the hunt.

But that's probably the type of outside the box thinking we should be trying!

Although, I still never see anyone say "Guillermo Del Toro maze!" on FB or Twitter.

I'm sure someone could correct me on that though, but I still have that feeling he's apart of this year's event.

Bill and Ted's Excellent Halloween Maze!

Anyway, I'm suspecting some sort of time travel here. Nothing necessarily just jumps from the medieval period to the 1950s.

UNLESS Murdy is saying that the incarnations of this IP has been set in those 4 time periods before, but the maze itself will take place in only one of them. Hopefully someone can figure that out for me.

But we do know that the facade takes place in France, meaning the story probably starts there as well.

Now I checked time travel movies, and I've checked medival and Victorian movies... nothing seems to match up.

This just has to be a video game or an album of some sort. I'm pretty much ruling out films. I won't even bother with books, at least for now.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dark_Side_of_the_Moon

A "dark" subject matter indeed :-P

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Evils%20in%20America/Rock-n-Roll/pink_floyd.htm

0_0

I googled each of the time periods in conjunction with the title of the album and came up with stuff. Not sure if it all makes sense, but there is stuff.

I dunno. I doubt it. NEEEEXT

Edited by DTH316

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pink_Floyd%E2%80%94The_Wall

Wait... released in 1982 (weren't we looking at 1981 for some reason?)... has scenes set in the 50s... and it's a movie too...

Further research is needed!

UPDATE: Alice Cooper was influenced by Pink Floyd and a producer has worked with both of them.

VERY STRANGE THINGS GOING ON HEEEERE.

Edited by DTH316

Actually Grind he ran over my cat lol. And yes if we get a Black Sabbath made I will choke a smurf.

Is that some kind of code for you're going to squeeze one out?

DON"T COME IN MOM, I'M CHOKING A SMURF!!! haha

Maybe he did a seance for Houdini and that's what he means by went to meet him. :D

It's getting really weird as I do research because everything keeps bringing in Alice Cooper in some way. I came across something really interesting about the early 20th century... Lobotomy. Hmm isn't that what the plays in the Grand Guignol are about. IDK it's all speculation in the end, nobody is wrong until proven wrong by Murdy.

I wanted to stop my Pink Floyd research (very odd indeed, I know) and share this. Although, the only thing that matters here is the very last sentence so feel free to skip to there, but I just wanted to present some context . This is from Cooper's very own website:

"Alice made a quick stop in Los Angeles for Universal Hollywoods 2012 Eyegore Awards, where he presented director Guillermo Del Toro with the evenings final Eyegore.

The annual award show is the precursor to the unveiling of Universal Hollywoods Halloween Horror Nights haunted maze attractions. Among the new mazes this year is Alices own maze called Alice Cooper Goes to Hell 3D. This maze was designed by Universals John Murdy, the same twisted mind behind Alices 2011 haunted maze.

This years Eyegore Awards show, hosted by McKenzie Westmore of SyFys hit show FACE OFF, honored several fixtures in the horror genre. First to be awarded was Chad Michael Murray for his role in House of Wax, and his upcoming film A Haunting in Georgia.

Up next, Westmore called on mother daughter horror duo Angelica Maria and Angelica Vale for their work on Mujeres Asesinas and presented them with Twin Eyegores.

McKenzie turned her attention to the television series Grimm, where she awarded the show their Eyegore, which was accepted by actors Bitsie Tulloch and Silas Weir Mitchell.

Of course, the final award presentation was left to Alice Cooper. Of Guillermo, Alice said Guillermo Del Toro just the name conjures up fantastic images of vampires and demons, labyrinths and lairs, and all manner of things that go bump in the night. After a short video clip he added, That was a whole bunch of my favorite movies.

Guillermo joined Alice and McKenzie on stage for a short acceptance speech, and a few moments later the room grew anxious about the unexplored mazes that waited just outside the globe theatre on the universal lot.

Immediately following the awards show, Alice was one of the first who made their way through the Goes to Hell maze. Being a bit of a scary guy himself, its surprising that even Alice was caught off guard at times. But after all, Alice is at home among decapitated bodies and creepy music. Looks like my road crew! Alice said after his first pass through the maze. Alice enjoyed the maze so much that he went through 3 times, each time mingling with the park visitors and scaring a few children himself.

Murdy and his Universal Hollywood team delivered on their promise to Alice to step this years maze up a notch. This was no easy feat, as John Murdys creation for alice last year was one of Universal Hollywoods most popular attractions of the season, clocking almost a million visitors. But lets point out something you may not have noticed about John Murdy this is a man whos last name is dangerously close to murder. This is a man who is able to get deep into Alices demented psyche and create attractions that not only scare people, but also appeal to true Alice fans.

They are already talking about next halloween"

He was the man's childhood hero for Christ sake let him finish his tribute. Murdy won't let AC go at this point I expect him there if Murdy is not doing CITW anything else won't really make sense that Murdy would give up for that except of course the Exorcist or trick r treat. If he is coming good bye black Sabbath (yes!!!!!) Murdy said variety right. so no two rock start mazes

• Like 1