Halloween Horror Nights (Hollywood) 2013 Speculation/Predictions

If its going to be music themed, I would rather it be Alice. Welcome to my nightmare was an awesome house. Although i would still rather not have any music themed houses. But if Ozzy gets a maze, I will burn universal to the ground.

• Like 3

It ain't a red herring. I think y'all give him too much credit.

"The crates are labeled F13... its a red herring!" Y'all remember that, don't you? -_-

Oh-no! The horror of that year! :( Those are painful memories I don't want to relive.

It sounds like the announcements will be coming on Fast and Furious now....oh wait, that was also a 2010 disaster! :(

Mama = Guillermo Del Toro?

I'm pretty sure A.) he is kidding about Abba B.) don't count on a Del Toro maze at all.

I'm just gonna wait for the reaction to Trickster just saying.

BTW were'nt most of you guys saying how you don't want the cooper trilogy to be finished this year and are complaining about Walking Dead.

• Like 3

I'm pretty sure A.) he is kidding about Abba B.) don't count on a Del Toro maze at all.

BTW were'nt most of you guys saying how you don't want the cooper trilogy to be finished this year and are complaining about Walking Dead.

I've noticed that. This site is becoming like MiceChat where we'll just look for a reason to complain. :blink:

Personally, I'm a fan of variety.

Last year we had mazes based on: a movie, TV show, musician, video game, folk lore, and universal classic monsters. There really weren't any two areas that were similar (minus the Uni monsters remixed). I think that it opens up a wide area TO pull from and keeps things around the park interesting.

When I met John, he told me himself, there are only so many movies they can do. I'm all for adding musicians to the pot. Who knows, maybe well get those Slipknot/Manson/Misfits/Iron Maiden/etc. mazes we've all wanted over the years...

Edited by DireBrian
  • Like 3

I'm confused, are you saying that people didn't want Alice Cooper to repeat, AND didn't want Walking Dead to repeat?

'Cause yeah, that was me.

As long as they are actual horror musicians, but there's a very small amount of mainstream horror musicians out there. Cooper's stage show is extremely theatrical, to the point where Salvador Dali himself was a fan of Cooper's performances. Cooper writes concept albums. His lyrics are actually based on horror. Any other artist that comes close to being as popular as Alice Cooper would be a huuuuge step down from Cooper. And even Cooper (as we've seen) has his flaws.

It ain't a red herring. I think y'all give him too much credit.

"The crates are labeled F13... its a red herring!" Y'all remember that, don't you? -_-

To be fair to Murdy, wasn't that picture taken by somebody who was trespassing?

I just don't want stupid musicians :,( stick to true horror... It's all I ask for

yeah there are a very few who mix themselfs with horror like the ones Brian brought up most of all Misfits (which would be the most badass one just saying Murdy) horror is alos tied to music not just movies and I'm happy with the variety that last year had. Horror has many outlets my friends.

I'm talking more specificly the people who did'nt want AC to finish this year but once Ozzy was thrown into mix "I rather have Alice Cooper"

BTW,

The FB page has posted "Itching For More?" hope this means the annoucment is soon!

So I decided to try to do some 'net sleuthing on the Trickster clues, and I ended up in a totally different place than I expected to go. The whole lot of it sounds a bit out there, but everything seems to fit... nicely, even. :blink: Lemme know whatcha all think...

Ahem,

Trickster clues:

• Set in four different time periods: 1950's, early 20th century, medieval period, and the Victorian era
  • Something Murdy grew up with
  • Has never been suggested in the last seven years HHN has been going on
  • "Very Dark" subject matter
  • "One of the scenes in this maze was inspired by something we had to do in elementary school when I was a kid. They don't do it anymore"
  • "Something about this maze reminds me of a holiday tradition. Its a pretty standard one...well for most people"
  • "For those who like to speculate...here's a hint. When I think of the theme of this maze I think of a holiday tradition, albeit a dark one...
  • The maze has the name of a city that is in both England and the US
  • Facade for the house "was inspired (BASED) by a real location...that location is in France. Its one of the time periods I mentioned."

My Solutions
I might skip a couple of clues as they are listed here, and instead list them as I hit 'em (following my train of thought :P ):

• Set in four different time periods: 1950's, early 20th century, medieval period, and the Victorian era:

First thing I wanted to figure out - what do these time periods have in common?

• Medieval period (also called the Middle Ages), 500 - 1500 AD: Bubonic Plague (also called "Black Death");
  • Victorian Era, June 1837 - Jan 1901: Cholera epidemic
  • Early 20th century: The 1918 Spanish Flu epidemic
  • 1950's: Polio

• Something Murdy grew up with:
    • Fear of needles? Fear of germs?

• "Very Dark" subject matter :
    • Viral epidemics? Pandemic? ....Black Death? And probably has never been suggested as a maze "in the last seven years HHN has been going on", either.

• "One of the scenes in this maze was inspired by something we had to do in elementary school when I was a kid. They don't do it anymore":
    • You young pups among us probably aren't aware, but we used to have get our immunizations at school

• "Something about this maze reminds me of a holiday tradition. Its a pretty standard one...well for most people", and also,
    "For those who like to speculate...here's a hint. When I think of the theme of this maze I think of a holiday tradition, albeit a dark one..."
    • Hmmm, Black Friday, maybe?

• The maze has the name of a city that is in both England and the US:
  • Well, it seemed that every town in the UK has a US counterpart, but one had a maze-worthy ring to it: Cross Hill (sometimes spelled Crosshill, depending on the web site!). Keeping to our developing theme, Cross Hill was the site of the Typhoid Fever outbreak of May 1875 (Victorian era).

• Facade for the house "was inspired (BASED) by a real location...that location is in France. Its one of the time periods I mentioned.":

• Between France under the Black Plague and France under the Spanish Flu, there are a bazillion choices. I'm throwing the dice and choosing the Army Hospital (military BASE) at Brest (I can hear you guys now....she said "brest", lulz!). Which was a major site of the Spanish Flu. So, yeah....

So, there's the official clues... and now to tie it in with Murdy's most recent tweets about going to see HIM, taking the two flights, etc.:

Hint: "Viewing device"
Could it be a microscope, as in, to view virus germs and stuff?

Hint: The replies in Swedish
Could be a hint about who he is going to see, maybe.....

Hint: IP might be a movie based on a book.....

So, I finally rolled it all up into this question:

Q: What famous Director has made a movie based on a book, about a virus pandemic, and whose last name is of Swedish origin?

A: Steven Soderbergh (Contagion)

Make of it what you will..... :P

And yes, I am still hoping against all hope that this somehow comes back to tie in to the T-virus!!! =p

Edited by JillValentine
  • Like 1