Halloween Horror Nights (Hollywood) 2013 Speculation/Predictions

Wait, did Murdy reference Tiny Tim recently?

All of these Insidious hints seem a bit obvious...but there's a lot of them. It's probably coming but he has been really on the nose with these. Especially if Rock Icon has an official announcement day.

EDIT: Murdy hasn't seen The Conjuring. So that officially kills the chances for this year. Done. Dead.

EDIT2: We should get our next announcement by next week.

Edited by ferox
  • Like 1

Found it! Knew I read a reference to that song on here somewhere! XD

Couldn't use the quote tool, but anyway...

default_large.png Posted by Brianb14 on 19 July 2013 - 02:52 PM in Halloween Horror Nights Hollywood (2013)

Okay, so we all pretty much know that Insidious is coming to HNN. In case no one has done it yet, I decided to break it down based on the clues for "Rock Icon"

The original clues are:

"Rock Icon"

-A rock icon is a hint to this maze (Literally)

-This Rock Icon was active (recording) when Murdy was in elementary school.

-Some of the costumes in the maze are from that era, and some from the 80's, and others from late 1800's to 1940's

-There is one song that was originally recorded in 1881. And another song from the 1920's.

-Research involving 10,000 images has been done.

-There is one scene that has a "florally and pleasant" smell in it.

-There will be a character in front of the house handing out prizes (ala Hostel and Silent Hill)

I believe the rock icon is Ozzy Osbourne. I don't exactly know when Murdy was in elementary school, but I'm going to say that he was while Ozzy was recording (probably in Black Sabbath). My thought is that the connection is through a song, Over the Mountain. In the song, he sings I've seen life's magic astral plane I travel through, and nevertheless the entire song is about this Astral Plane. In case some of you don't know what the Astral Plane is, it is commonly referred to as The Further. The Further is the "dream" land Dalton is stuck within in Insidious. The Further is basically the whole point of Insidious.

The costume thing seems obvious based on the numerous amount of creatures in the film. We have people in regular clothes (this era), the doll twins (1940's presumably), the dancing boy (1920's), the witch/old lady (1800's), and the list goes on and on. If the second film is being included, 1980's costuming would come from Lorainne's past job as a nurse (watch trailer), which, from an interview, is from the 80's. That is just speculation however if the second film is included in this maze.

The song in 1881, I believe, is Liszt's "Nauges Gris", translated to "Gray Clouds". Gray clouds are seen in a lot (including the poster for Insidious) and the in The Further. Also, the haunting tone of the song fits perfectly with the atmosphere of Insidious. The second song, from the 1920's is a little more obvious, "Tiptoe Through the Tulips", originally recorded in 1929, and famously redone by Tiny Tim in 1968, is the song playing on the record player during the scene where the mom goes outside, sees kid dancing, goes after him, etc.

I think it would be really cool for the souvenir outside the house to be the paranormal investigator woman with her polaroid camera, and if given the secret passcode, would snap a photo of you and the photo would be the souvenir. Or perhaps it will just be the investigator's business card. Who knows.

Well, that's my speculation. Most of this was probably known already, or wrong, but these were the best connections I could make between rock icon and Insidious.

• Like 2

Perhaps interesting, but funny to my sleep-deprived brain, tangent...

I decided to look into the clue there's "a song originally recorded in 1881..." and found that Ring Around the Rosie was originally published in 1881.

A search on Ring Around the Rosie turned up these results:

From a shocktillyoudrop article,

Insidious Director James Wan Finds More Actors for The Warren Files
NEWS
by Ryan Turek
February 08, 2012
Hayley McFarland and Shanley Caswell have joined the cast of James Wan's The Warren Files, the latest supernatural thriller to come from the director of Saw and Insidious.

Variety reports the two will play the older siblings of the Perrons, a family who believes their home is a gateway for the dead.

Ron Livingston, Lili Taylor, Mackenzie Foy and Joey King play the remaining Perron family members. Patrick Wilson and Vera Farmiga star as Ed and Lorraine Warren, the real-life supernatural investigators called in to help the Perrons out.

McFarland first starred in the direct-to-DVD horror film Ring Around the Rosie and later appeared on Lie to Me. Shanley Caswell will be seen in the upcoming Detention.

And from the Urban Dictionary:

Ring Around the Rosie: An insidious game that drives one to near the brink of insanity. But ultimately proves to be ones salvation.
One goes Ring Around the Rosie, till one falls down .
Exactly how I'm feeling right about now. :lol:
  • Like 2

I heard that the next code name to be announced will be Trickster.

Just to clarify...I'm not trying to say I think that Brianb14 is right about the codename - I just remembered someone mentioning Tiptoe Through the Tulips. In other words, I have no eyeball what means what but thought the connections were interesting, anyway. :)

• Like 1

We got the Evil Dead remake, The Walking Dead Season 3

We're not 1000000% on Insidious but 90% sure.

So we expect a maze on

Insidious & Insidious 2

HOH UMR 2.0 or Universal Monsters Gone Wild?

Alice Cooper: The Last Tempation

ORIGINAL MAZE (this is the maze we can't figure out)

I don't think there will be a 7th maze. I think the maze on the backlot is part of the TT and we could technically be getting 2 Walking Dead mazes.

The Walking Dead: No Safe Haven & the "maze" on the backlot which could be some other Walking Dead environment to add to the Terror Tram experience.

Edited by StraightEdge

:-Will Despicable Me be open during HHN?-Will we see another show or two added to the event?-With the DTV Chucky movie coming out, could we see a return of his Insult Emporium?-Will there be a seventh house next year?-Will Alice Cooper be back to finish the trilogy?-Will Walking Dead return?Speculate away!

So far we know DM won't be open.

We don't know if we're getting another show, I really hope Chucky returns.

Still not sure bout the 7th house.

Our speculation predicts Alice Cooper: The Last Temptation will be his last maze to fill in the trilogy but we ain't sure.

And yes the walking dead will return.

We only know 2 of the answers to these questions.

We got the Evil Dead remake, The Walking Dead Season 3

We're not 1000000% on Insidious but 90% sure.

So we expect a maze on

Insidious & Insidious 2

HOH UMR 2.0 or Universal Monsters Gone Wild?

Alice Cooper: The Last Tempation

ORIGINAL MAZE (this is the maze we can't figure out)

I don't think there will be a 7th maze. I think the maze on the backlot is part of the TT and we could technically be getting 2 Walking Dead mazes.

The Walking Dead: No Safe Haven & the "maze" on the backlot which could be some other Walking Dead environment to add to the Terror Tram experience.

Which still only gives us four maze venues that we know of.

They were kinda easy, but a lot of the attempts to solve them went for something that was too obvious instead of kinda obvious (most of the spec here was about how John must have meant John Landis=AWIL) or assumed that when Murdy said "look for names" he meant pretty much anything aside from names. Which I'm sure he meant to to.

I can't believe I missed the John codename. My dad used to tell me that story about Merle Haggard meeting Johnny Cash all the time. Dixon is my favorite character on the show and Merle Haggard is my favorite country singer. Well, one of them.

Based on the tweets murdy did this morning sounds like he is meeting up with Alice Cooper. One thing from a tweet scares me and that's when murdy listed the carry on items. One is "viewing devices". I think 3D glasses. Im gonna be very upset if were gonna get another Alice 3D maze. I will pretty much "Abandon all hope".

Based on the tweets murdy did this morning sounds like he is meeting up with Alice Cooper. One thing from a tweet scares me and that's when murdy listed the carry on items. One is "viewing devices". I think 3D glasses. Im gonna be very upset if were gonna get another Alice 3D maze. I will pretty much "Abandon all hope".

This one sure ain't Alice.

Remember, Trickster is a franchise that has never been suggested before...