Scareactor Appreciation

Michele

I went on thurs but sadly no streets because of the rain but.... I went last night 10/7 and the streets were amazing!! so here are shoutouts!

Traditionals: Pumpkinhead who pointed at my Daniel Bryan shirt and did the pose and thumbs up!

The crazy cat who kept scaring me by coming behind me and meowing and pointing at my shirt and holding a great in character convo

The Fox who is complete bonkers and i love it!

I watched Traditionals for ages in central park and they were great! very well done to all of you!

Vampires: I was sitting on a bench and a vampire came and jumped on the bench and just stared at me for a good minute! you sir creeped me out!

Prisoners: You lady's are insane and incredibly good at what you do! all of you were on point!!

The Walkers: Wheelchair zombie, you scared the hell out of me by speeding at me then stopping to growl!

Alice Cooper - Cast A Jock. Thanks for the extra special attention.

ZKeeper - Always makes the P&T finale extra fun.

And the Warriors. Because they never disappoint me. I saw one crawling around on all fours last night. I could write books of favorite scares from these guys.

• Like 2

Props to the actor in Dead End who after scaring my friend to death, came back around the room and blocked the door to the next room, sticking his face into my friend's and whispering to him, making him freak out. In the streets, I can't even begin to give props to everything I've witnessed, but to sum it up, the prisoners are by far my favorite group, with the warriors right behind. I've never seen such energy in actors before and I absolutely love it. And then the interaction provided by the traditionals really is an amazing thing. And of course, the clown in P&T... I love you just as much as I hate you when you scare me..

Saturday has definitely been my best night for scares so far. Everyone was on their A game

HOUSES:

Silent Hill, 5:50 you guys really proved me wrong about this house. My first couple visits left me underwhelmed with the cast as a whole, with very little aggression except for a few (red nurse and P Head especially), but wow were you all into it Saturday! one of the best scares ive seen this year was in the entrance. the creature next to the sign lunged at a group(2-3) of male teens and they flew into the hole where the cop comes out of, who then came out and made them flip out :lol:. basically all managed to scare both my sisters, but special shoutouts to the red nurse in the beginning, who has yet to show anything less than epic aggression, all nurses, monsters in the toy scene, bathroom scenes, and boogeymans. excellent job guys. keep it up!

Gothic, 6:10 after 6 runs, i've yet to have an underwhelming run through. you guys are great at what you do in here. My second favorite cast of the event. specific characters: Statue in the facade freaked my sister out as she thought actually was a statue, bell tower, starry night scene, dropdoor/gargoyle across double team, the air blast from the flying gargoyle in the candle scene manages to get me every.damn.time., and the finale. and not to mention, the best scare of the night: Cathedral scene. the ceiling gargoyle scared the holy shit out of my sister, enough for her to run into the next scene. thanks for the lulz :P.

Dead End, 6:35 always aggressive in here. camera scene, toy scene, garden, bathroom, the ghost that sits in front of that mirror and comes out of a curtain a little further down scared me good Satuday night. very fun, scary house.

The Walking Dead, 6:50 the zombie officer(Shane?) and the one across always do an excellent job at getting scares. also, the zombie at the front of the RV was literally running up and down getting scares. teach the rest of the cast your ways lol.

Penn and Teller, 7-7:45 did this one 3 times in a row due to it being a literal walk-on the first 2 hours or so. some great performances in here. the actor in the poker chip room that comes out of the wall got the people around me good all 3 walkthroughs, seizure palace romans never fail to get me good(on both sides), all 3 in the wedding chapel, light room, damn chef in the buffet scared the shit out of me, and, of course, our lovely clowns :P. keep it up guys.

House of Horrors, 8:10 by far the best cast of the event house-wise. i've gotten scares by every monster in every room. this past Saturday, Wolfman, Creature, Bride of Frank and Dracula, Frank and a few in the finale got me and my sister excellently. scariest house of the event? i think so. i actually got lost in the finale to the point that frank had to point us in the direction out lol.

didn't really linger in the streets, but i saw beasts most frequently and they did an amazing job at getting scares by MIB. they're so big, everyone's already intimidated by their size, so when they move towards them they freak out. really amazing performances all around the park actor wise. they're really saving what could have been an at best lackluster year. i applaud all of you for the effort and keep up the good work!

• Like 2

After six nights of the event, the scareactors continue to amp up their games.

Traditionals: I'm sorry that I disappointed you when I admitted to not being a Morphan. Thanks to my favorite marzipan-loving fox - I'm glad I finally know who you are now. Round 1: Nightingales FTW - I looked forward to seeing you each nigt; Round 2: Traditionals - I'm glad you love your marzipan! Thanks for the photo. Thanks to my new favorite cast of Traditionals, including fox-mask, owl-mask, kitten-mask, and all of your other friends. Thanks for the interactive video in front of Simpsons - I'll be back on Friday!

Warriors: You all have so much energy and you know how to be stealthy and attack aggresively. You make me proud to be a Baccanoid! You guys are amazing in NY and I always have to catch you in action. Luckily for me, I had plenty of time last night when I was waiting for my group to get their Finnigan's Badge (of course, four people in four different legions).

Prisoners: One of my favorite scareactors is the prisoner who I keep taking videos of, yells at me for it, and then manages to scare the crap out of me EVERY TIME! I do startle when I'm not expecting something or someone, and you get me during every interaction we share together. Thanks for remembering me - I'll see you again this Friday. Overall, amazing energy and I always look forward to spending time with both prisoner casts. Oh, and I'll say that our favorite scare last night was when one of you were hiding in your spot in the bushes by MIB. You scared one of my friends to much that I have never heard her scream and yell so much in the six years we have been going together. Congratulations and thank you!

House of Horrors: I don't know which cast, but the first Frankenstein on the right in the hallway and the running Frankenstein get me every time, even though I know you two are there. I even had an "Oh S**t!" moment last night, much to the enjoyment of my friends.

Alice Cooper: carnage, it's always great seeing you. I, too, have to point out the jocks for always recognizing us HNN members!

Walking Dead: To my special hospital patient walker . . . I keep missing you. Sad day. I hope to eventually see you in action. Maybe when the line for this house gets more reasonable, I'll be through the house more often.

Dead End: I look forward to the greenhouse room EVERY time I go through this house. You guys are doing an amazing job! Thanks to the shoutout to my Vault shirt (hey, I can't wear my HNN shirt three nights in a row) in the bathroom scene - you know who you are. I hope you're feeling better after last night.

Gothic: As I write each time . . . just amazing. Nothing else needs to be said. Gothic for HOTY!

• Like 2

I have this awesome appreciation for the warriors, they're always out at 12:40ish when some of us are leaving, and the entire group got our cast leaving that caused us all literally to split. It was awesome. Props to the one guy who got me at about that time on Sunday night the 7th, he snuck up right behind me across from Mel's, right outside of the Horror and Makeup Show entrance.

Dead End cast that closed on Sunday 10/7 was great, too. We noticed a lot of missing holes, but the guy who comes out from behind the almost transparent curtain when you're turning a corner to the left got two of us who normally don't get scared- awesome job! It was kickass. House was beautiful and great to look at.

• Like 1

After nine nights I have laughed/screamed myself to no voice, but I have to say it just gets better and better!

Saturday night - Gothic - bell ringer on the left...my son was tugging each rope, then he reached out to tug the last one and there was the Ringer, grabbed it back from him so fast he jumped backwards and stumbled. He thought he was the one being grabbed! Priceless!

Sunday night - the prisoners who showed much attention to myself and my husband while we were "in your garden". Intimidatingly awesome! And the warriors, every time, and there were many, nearly jumped out of my shoes!

And always the pumpkinhead in trenchcoat, I actually got a wave instead of the cowbell (whew!) Kept looking around for that to change, and yep, got me!

You all are amazing to watch, and I will be back to scream again!!

I can not stop praising the casts of the Traditionals.

1.) The Monkey Guy: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=510767815619493&set=a.510759318953676.130632.100000588370452&type=1&theater

I took his picture while he was wondering around (which is why I had flash on) but I guess he was looking at me because right when I snapped the photo he just stopped. Started to stumble and then swat at the air (acting as if he couldn't see), he began to fall bakward and then swiftly ran at me, yelled in my face and then ran away like a lunatic. Fan-fu*****-tastic!

2.) Owl: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=510767532286188&set=a.510759318953676.130632.100000588370452&type=1&src=http%3A%2F%2Fsphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net%2Fhphotos-prn1%2F559420_510767532286188_1007670441_n.jpg&size=960%2C720

He was creep-tastic! I just love the "shh" pose...so eerie.

3.) The monkey girl

I don't have a picture of her because this experienced happened on a night I did not have my camera. Anyways, the girl was doing these freaky little dances in the fog, and them my friends and I began to comment and laugh. She thanked us for that, and then every time she saw us she would do the dance or do a mock-disco dance. Funny and brilliant. It was a nice interaction with a friendly scare-actor who really seemed to enjoy her job.

4.) Tiger: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=510764065619868&set=a.510759318953676.130632.100000588370452&type=1&src=http%3A%2F%2Fsphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net%2Fhphotos-snc6%2F247647_510764065619868_1657896002_n.jpg&size=960%2C720

I am seriously in love with this characeter, and the guy playing him did an awesome job. I included him because he is one of my favorties but also because I feel like I know him....does anybody here know him so I can see if I do...I just saw him and my mind clicked to him automatically...strange.

5.) Pumpkin Head (of course)

One actor playing Pumpkin Head did FANTASTIC! He had these girls cornered and they were crouching infront of him and covering their faces; litteraly cowering in fear. They finally looked up, he screamed, they freaked out and ran away and then he stood in place and started shouting back at them, he followed that with a maniacle laugh that was brilliant. I don't think i've ever seen such an effective scare-actor/one that got so into it. He also did these really freaky/crazy-person like body positions and gestures when he was yelling at the girls.

Okay now one for the Prisoners!

1.) These girls are crazy sexual and just frightening! But I love it. It really shows their acting props becuase any guy who is in the vicinity of a prisoner is automatically de-masculated! And as a guy myself, I find that hilarious. XD

• Like 2

Many thanks to all the scare actors who give it their full effort. I can't say all scare actors as some were either out of steam of just not in the zone. Many thanks to the beast who got a girl to toss a milk shake fresh outta Mel's into her own face! That was completely priceless! And more power to those who have to suffer in masks this year... can't imagine how hot it gets...

• Like 2

Kudos to the following:

House of Horrors:

6:20ish walkthrough

-Frankenstein Monster that comes through the door. It looked like a door, at least. You gave me one of my best scares of the night.

-Creature from the Black lagoon!

-Everybody in the finale. So good!

Alice Cooper

6:30ish walkthrough

- Whoever said "armyofrobots". (King?)

- Person in the ceiling. Great scare! Didn't see it coming.

Penn & Teller

- My favorite light monster. SAUSAGES. 'atta boy, Max!

Walking Dead

6:00 walkthrough

- <3 <3 <3 to everybody.

Gothic

8:00ish walkthrough

- Harry Warden, IT'S NOT BIOSHOCK. <3

- The gargoyle in the ceiling. I knew you were there and you gave me a small jump.

- Bungee gargoyle. Great job!

Dead End

7:45ish walkthrough

- Ghoul lady towards the end.

- the peppers ghost lady with the loud scream. Great job.

Legions

- Fox mask traditional.. STRANGER DANGER. STRANGER DANGER

- Demon vampire who scared me so GOOD by the Roboasis.

everybody did a great job tonight. I love that I know so many talented people who do this. You guys are awesome.

Edited by armyofrobots
  • Like 3

Alice Cooper

- Cast A "School's Out" Jock... more epicness as always. <---fave scareactor

- Cast B Showman in the finale... our one & only Carnage (Chris)

Vampires

- The Matador! Got my token pic! Of course I was completely oblivious when you came up to me in Central Park during your last set due to texting. So total fail on my part <_< You were awesome though all 3 times I saw you! :D

Penn & Teller

- Zkeeper (Chris), while i didnt get the scare (this time), the attention from you was still awesome.

This is for the Gargoyles, that are winning the hearts and guts from most HHN fans I've seen

Cast A:

-The Gargoyle on the roof, just stared at me as I made eye contact and he activated the effect and almost grabbed my face an easy trick but he/she did it amazing.

-The last Gargoyle, as I was looking at the flying Gargoyle that goes to the window, this one starred at me and made me his target and startled me when I saw I was hunted.

Nicely done Gargoyles.

Also before I leave I forgot to thank again the "showman" Alice at 10:20 I believe but I think it was our very own carnage that dipped his head starred at me and gave me a maniacal laugh that left me laughing and creeped out at the same time kudos.

Edited by CinemaOfTheDead

This is for the Gargoyles, that are winning the hearts and guts from most HHN fans I've seen

Cast A:

-The Gargoyle on the roof, just stared at me as I made eye contact and he activated the effect and almost grabbed my face an easy trick but he/she did it amazing.

-The last Gargoyle, as I was looking at the flying Gargoyle that goes to the window, this one starred at me and made me his target and startled me when I saw I was hunted.

Nicely done Gargoyles.

Also before I leave I forgot to thank again the "showman" Alice at 10:20 I believe but I think it was our very own carnage that dipped his head starred at me and gave me a maniacal laugh that left me laughing and creeped out at the same time kudos.

That was yours truly. Glad that laugh is effective its killer on the vochal chords. But I can't stop doing it. I didn't even realize it was you cinema. Ill keep an eye out next time.

I have two from last night.

To the Legion member who was hiding in the Penn and Teller queue at around 8pm. Great work and great hiding spot.

And the scareactor in Penn and Teller in the hall right before the Clown room got me so got best scare of the night. Good work.

Keep up the good work guys.

• Like 1