Scareactor Appreciation

Michele

Oh geez! I was so tired, I forgot to make my post!

We went through TWD within its first 10 minutes of opening, and I was really impressed, especially with the first part of the house. Armyofrobots scared me so bad as did the actors in the scene directly before his.

Also, the cast of Gothic when we went through at 11:10 were on FIRE!

Opening Night's shoutouts:

*pretty much every scareactor who pretty much targeted Duffy (mainly by pointing at him and then waving their index finger).

*One of the Kidzone scareactors who teamed up with whom i think was Victoria to ambush me.

*many of the female inmates whom have targeted me (because of both my Duffy ears, along with having Duffy), including one who said that she remembered me from last year.

*and the high school jock from Alice Cooper who signaled me that he was focusing at me and Duffy.

on a side note: normally, Pal Mickey would also share the brunt of the scares, but since it was raining, I didn't want him to get wet, so i put him in my backpack.

Dead End- Last night in one of the last scenes..I can't remember exactly which one..(I will have a better idea tonight) A scareactor on my left hand side followed me along ..and had their head real low..once I realized it.. He/she popped up at me..and then one on the right hand side lunged at me at the same time..causing me to "almost" crawl out of that one scene.. and then as I go into the next scene..the next one on my right got me as soon as I walked in..

You three were amazing! I went in around 7:00. Actually..the entire house at that time was intense..

The zombies in The Walking Dead were fantastic last night. I was thinking that the house would just be a throwaway sellout house, but it was great. Scares were top notch. House of Horrors was great as well, scareactors did a good job making due with what they had. My only complaint is that you can still see them before the light flashes....I don't remember it being like that with DE. Hopefully they can change the lighting a bit before the event is over.

The streets were actually tons of fun. My favorite group at the moment has got to be the traditionals. Shout out to the Traditionals dressed up as cats, who kept playing with our stuffed cat. Also to the wolf girl for removing her mask, and "eating" our stuffed cat. And my personal favorite of the night, the guy with a chicken mask. There was a group of annoying girls in front of us, and the chicken-mask man was sneaking out from the shadows, attempting to score a scare on them. One of them points him out (I hate it when people do that -.-) and shouts in a nasally voice "I SEE YOU!" Then chicken-mask totally freezes where he is, stands up straight, and starts flapping his hands like a chicken would as if to say "I wasn't doing anything, I'm just a chicken!" Funniest thing of the whole night.

Shoutout to who I think was a vampire, dressed in a ringmaster like outfit, for getting me really well. I thought we were out of the horde, so I for some reason wanted to scratch one side of my head using the opposite arm.....this scareactor was apparently hiding in the shadows, noticed I had my arm in front of one of my eyes, and ran up to give me a nasty hiss. Freaked me out.

One of the guys with a wood staff (Inquitus maybe? Or was it a creature? I dunno) around Mel's was wondering around, away from the pack. Walking at us menacingly. We were all alone (save for a random ops guy). Scared the crap out of us...and He also 'ate' our cat. I'm so happy someone came up with cats n' combs in 2010, because even today this stuffed cat gets us so many scares.

Last one...dunno if this goes here....Ted, during one of the ending dance scenes, pointed at my old Vault shirt and asked what happened to the Vault. I dunno if he was truly wondering what happened to it, or if he was just giving a shoutout....so I'll give him this shoutout since it put a smile on my face. My response was, of course, "It died."

The entire cast of Gothic, opening night at about 1130pm. Fantastic! I love this house, My group seemed to get most of the scares because we had some spacing in front and behind us. The house is beautiful and very well done. The zip line jump scare and the 2nd scare actor that comes at the same time was amazing! I stoped at the opening remembering it looking alot like the part at the end of Forsaken last year and the 2nd scareactor got me right as the other one jumped. Perfection! (I know that sounded confusing, sorry!) Overall, definitely my favorite houses of all time and I only got to 4 out of the 7 and Bill and Ted's last night!

Giant shoutout to everyone in the streets this year. The actors were insane!

The closing cast for the Tranditionals who were out in front of the Simpsons were awesome and really fun to watch. The two scareactors who really deserve a shoutout is the Pumpkinhead who, first, scared me out of my seat and then went straight to casually sit next to a guest which ended up being pretty funny. Secondly, the trick-or-treater with the fox mask who asked everyone for candy. She was insanely energetic and hilarious to talk to. One of my favorite scareactors of the whole event.

The female chainsaws were also extremely on-point throughout the night and deserve a shoutout.

Edited by Tbad556
  • Like 1

First time posting after lurking for years, but must give shout out to you guys. After 10 years of HHN, first time I had to say job well done! I was the one laughing and saying "You Rock" in the houses tonight. Special shout to the Warrior who told my teen boys they need to work out...priceless. Be back Thursday for more scares.

One of the guys with a wood staff (Inquitus maybe? Or was it a creature? I dunno) around Mel's was wondering around, away from the pack. Walking at us menacingly. We were all alone (save for a random ops guy). Scared the crap out of us...and He also 'ate' our cat. I'm so happy someone came up with cats n' combs in 2010, because even today this stuffed cat gets us so many scares.

What time was it? Wood staff should be a Beast, and my cast (A) was in Hollywood from 10:15 to 11:00.

As always, the scareactors are amazing this year! Special shoutouts:

1) My absolute favorite is the Traditional in the fox mask who leaped off the sidewalk next to Twister on opening night and began screaming in my face for a good minute straight. I understood that all you wanted for Halloween was to go trick or treating and get candy, but your mother would only give you marzipan. I LOVED your interaction and it was even better seeing you again tonight - you recognized me! If you are on the boards, or if anyone knows who this is, please let me know!

2) Armyofrobots - you are amazing as always. Thanks for recognizing me yet again this year.

3) The jock in Alice Cooper who didn't "approve" of my Vault shirt, but reconsidered once I told you that my Nightmares shirt got completely drenched in the torrential downpour on opening night. I didn't realize that there were so many HNN members in the Alice Cooper house. <waves at Carnage>

4) I second the opinion of many others - the Gothic casts are incredible. Keep up the amazing work!

5) Why were there about 14 walkers in the department store at the same time tonight? We were literally surrounded and were amazed at the enclosed feeling you gave us. Very well done!

6) There are too many others in the streets to mention specifically, but the Prisoners and the Warriors are truly great! Very intense and I look forward to watching you all become even more intense throughout the run of the event!

*As a side note, I was amazed that the "there are no safe zones" is actually true as we did witness a Prisoner ambush several girls coming out of the bathroom, a group of vampires walking through a store, a group of beasts beating on the windows of Mel's, and (my favorite) a variety of members from each horde (but mostly warriors) march through Louie's tonight while we were eating dinner creating havoc in the entire restaurant. Each time, these groups were led by a team member with a glow stick or wand, but I am impressed by Universal's willingness to finally take down the walls and create no safe zones.

*And one final side note, thank you TJ Mannarino for taking the time to talk to us tonight at the Horror Unearthed table around midnight. You and the rest of the member of A&D really know what the general public needs and what the superfans need at the event. You always take the time to interact with your fans and it was a pleasure meeting you tonight!

• Like 2

The Walking Dead cast B. I've been through that house three times, and it is my favorite. I've seen cast B twice, and they were just amazing.

The vampire that followed me around last night and finally said, "You're my favorite." <3

The other vampire that stalked me and called me a bench warmer.

The warriors. You guys are my favorite. Especially the two that tag teamed my group, one coming behind us in the grass and the other one scaring us from the front when we were sitting on the wall by Kids Zone.

just a small list...

Cast A of the walking dead yesterday was amazing.

(James I think i saw you, you pointed @ my shirt...)

Brett in the vampire section

syn in the chainsaw's

the man behind the bell in gothica, pointed at my shirt,

in the garden of Dead end (which should totally be LT pt 2...) got in my face, and i think he said "Im your nightmare" but im not 100 percent sure.

also, just in general EVERYONE in gothica did an AMAZINNNNNG Job, James (A friend of mine who came up for his first time ever) got so freaked out in your house...both cast's. marvoulus. lol

Wow! Just Wow! Thanks to ALL the SAs for a great weekend!

Gothic

1) Stilt gargoyle in Gothic... Thanks for the multiple scares.

2) Team gargoyles at the end, you both were awesome. You got my friend last night right at a cast change when we were stuck at the end and you put your face next to hers.

3) Statue.... Well Done!

Dead End

1. Bed ghost... one of my top scares! Opening night before 9 pm.

2. Girl ghost dancing in the mirror reflection.... got my friend good and me as well!

House of Horrors

1. Double COTBL scare during AP saturday night (I was wearing a blue shirt)

Alice Cooper

1. Dad SA during AP on saturday that gave me the Gator Chomp!!! You scared me and gave me my most memorable moment of HHN 22! You get my top scare of HHN! GOOOOO GATORS!!!

Silent Hill

1. Second row of nurses before the stairs saturday night around 9 pm. Thank you! I was sad from Friday that I did not get a scare in that room.

2. Nurse in the hallway before the right turn saturday night... again made me very happy!

3. Small nurse at the end on the left with the strobe.... GREAT movement! Top scare for me!!! Friday about 9 pm

4. Pyramid head... no personal scare but loved your acting!!!!

TWD

1. Walker in the barn laying on the wooden wire spool... You blended in so well. You gave my friend a tremendous scare! Saturday cast change around 8 pm.

2. Sheriff walker got my friend Friday around 8:30

3. Dept walker on left of the room exit both Friday and Saturday before 9 pm.

Streets

1. Fox masked traditional....you are the best street actor! CANDY!!!!! Top notch!! MIB 10:45 saturday

2. Warrior in Central park saturday after 10 pm

3. ALL the Iniquitus... thanks for the pictures!!

4. Jordan!!! Thanks for blocking the warrior march last night with Sam!!

Sorry for the long post but you all deserve it! AGAIN THANKS TO ALL SA THIS YEAR!!

• Like 2

opening night around 8 in Gothic. Scene where there's a table with the statue of the cat-looking gargoyle on it. a scare actor came from the door and made a teen boy jump up into the person in his group. good job :P

last night in the KZ a warrior came out of nowhere and ran past me, scaring the shit out of me.

last night in the walkers section, one of the bigger walkers came over to me and started to limp towards me. i mimicked him and started to limp backwards away from him when he jumped at me. great job! :)