HHN 22 Construction Discussion

JDW

UNIVERSAL STUDIOS PZ B79 </td> <td class="ReportCell">Finaled/Closed Case </td></tr> <tr><td colspan=3 class="ReportCell">B79 - Parade Building - Interior alteration for existing building for Halloween Horror Nights </// Was nosing around on the City of Olando permit site and looked at the permits obtained for Horror nights this year and found this in the code it comes up as.Seems to say they will be using the parade buidling for horror nights so maybe this is the mystery 7/8 house?

UNIVERSAL STUDIOS PZ B79 </td> <td class="ReportCell">Finaled/Closed Case </td></tr> <tr><td colspan=3 class="ReportCell">B79 - Parade Building - Interior alteration for existing building for Halloween Horror Nights </// Was nosing around on the City of Olando permit site and looked at the permits obtained for Horror nights this year and found this in the code it comes up as.Seems to say they will be using the parade buidling for horror nights so maybe this is the mystery 7/8 house?

I can tell you for a fact that the parade building is NOT being used this year, sorry.

Well not really, The size of the gates is related to what will go thru them. It looks like they swing outward, wouldnt that be blocking alot

of the walkway/path? Or maybe its just part of the facade, but why build working gates if they are going to be just props?

I'm pretty confident that these gates are strictly for entry purposes for the construction crew/vehicles.

This is from a guy who's usually good with his info at Orlando United:

Ok, a few new pieces of info for you all.

The balloons were flown to the height of the NYC facades.

Donkey M&G is being relocated but at this point, where is unclear.

ZINGER: Fake Productions was at work in SS44 for HHN and even walls for a 'house' had been built inside. One day they are working and the next they are ordered out and next the announcement that the building was coming down.

Make of that what you can/will.

Just a thought, this permit could be filed to cover the extensive renovations that were needed for 44. Demolition could even just consist of them removing the foundation and replacing it... which from these pictures looks very feasible. If they were going to take down the entire building i doubt they would start by removing the ground inside the building without tearing down the walls first.

The four parts listed on the permit.

Demolition-- Demolish the existing foundation

New Foundations-- Rebuild the new foundation

BuildingShell-- Repair, renovate the exterior walls

Interior Buildout-- Repair renovate the interior.

We knew that 44 was in a bad state of existance and would need work to be inhabitable .. IE they couldn't just throw a haunted house inside.

• Like 1

It's all being knocked down. HHNRumors/ParkRumors has a great post about it. The permit's fee was $116.50. For demolition of a building, the fee is $50 dollars for the first 1,000 sqft. After that, each 1,000 sqft is $3.50.

116.50-50= 66.50

66.50/3.50 = 19 = 19,000 sqft

19,000 sqft + 1,000 sqft = 20,000 sqft

The area of SS44 is 20,000 sqft. The building will be coming down in the next few weeks.

Edited by Parkscope

Just a thought, this permit could be filed to cover the extensive renovations that were needed for 44. Demolition could even just consist of them removing the foundation and replacing it... which from these pictures looks very feasible. If they were going to take down the entire building i doubt they would start by removing the ground inside the building without tearing down the walls first.

The four parts listed on the permit.

Demolition-- Demolish the existing foundation

New Foundations-- Rebuild the new foundation

BuildingShell-- Repair, renovate the exterior walls

Interior Buildout-- Repair renovate the interior.

We knew that 44 was in a bad state of existance and would need work to be inhabitable .. IE they couldn't just throw a haunted house inside.

Nothing is fact, until it's a fact. However, all lines have to be severed before demolition. The may simply be digging to cut-off gas, electrical, telephone... etc....

The floor of the building is also 20k sqft.

The permit wasn't "Demolition of the floor".

It was "Demolition of a 1 Story Building".

And if you saw my last post on the last page, the HHN team was kicked out of the building. It's coming down.

That building was never in the best shape, believe me. This could be just as it says, demolition and remodel. Whether it will be read for Horror Nights, who knows. Maybe they'll utilize their construction job (if not done by HHN) and idealize a house around it.

I don't really have any knowledge about this sort of thing, but is it possible that it is just going to be a massive gutting/remodeling of the existing structure, and they had started building the HHN house in an area that wouldn't be as affected, or could be easily moved? That way, once the remodel work is finished, they can hit the ground running on getting it completed in time?

Well, it seems clear that everyone associated with HHN were taken completely by surprise by all this. Creative is behind this and it can only mean as others have pointed out that they want a new attraction in as soon as possible, maybe even before the completion of the 722 project. What that would be is anybody's guess I have heard people supposing everything from Transformers to Hunger Games.

Well, it seems clear that everyone associated with HHN were taken completely by surprise by all this. Creative is behind this and it can only mean as others have pointed out that they want a new attraction in as soon as possible, maybe even before the completion of the 722 project. What that would be is anybody's guess I have heard people supposing everything from Transformers to Hunger Games.

I was kind of hoping they'd stick Transformers between MiB and Simpsons, but beggars can't be choosers.

As for whether it's the foundation or the building being torn down, i'm sticking with the whole building. Definitely a very last minute decision.

I don't really have any knowledge about this sort of thing, but is it possible that it is just going to be a massive gutting/remodeling of the existing structure, and they had started building the HHN house in an area that wouldn't be as affected, or could be easily moved? That way, once the remodel work is finished, they can hit the ground running on getting it completed in time?

I was wondering about this too, I was wondering if they would demolish everything and do something similar to a tent house, or something, I don't know I was just wondering, if they torn down the place but still made a house or something,

I've never been to Universal Studios Hollywood, so, for those of you who have, would you say that SS44 is a fitting location for a Transformers ride?

Transformers is 60,000 sq ft.

Soundstage 44 is roughly 30,000 sq ft if you include the surrounding sidewalk area where the Delorean and BTTF train are normally displayed. Plus, remember that Transformers at Hollywood is a two-story show building (So it's 30,000 sq ft. per floor roughly) So it could technically be shoe-horned into the space.

(I think my numbers are correct, not 100% though.)

Soundstage 44 is roughly 30,000 sq ft if you include the surrounding sidewalk area where the Delorean and BTTF train are normally displayed. Plus, remember that Transformers at Hollywood is a two-story show building (So it's 30,000 sq ft. per floor roughly) So it could technically be shoe-horned into the space.

You're right. TF could fit into the space perfectly.

i told u guys thats where transformers is going and every one said no ur wrong its not enough space... i know what im talkin bout, thats where its going.

OK, so I'm guessing that they never actually started building a house in 44. The other buildings are only a few weeks ahead of the 44 build-out.

Is the following possible?

1) everyone who would be working on 44 is helping bust out the other 6 houses.

2) 44 gets demo'ed this week, leveled and ready to use next week.

3) construction starts on vacant lot 44 ASAP

4) Because the other house's have had so extra help, they are ahead of schedule, and this allows all the 44 crew and some extras to hop over to vacant lot 44 and get caught up?

Are there any areas that can be used at IOA, that abutt the sound stage area?

Designing The Fear posted on FB that SS44 is being torn down tonight. Will we be seeing only 6 houses this year or have a house located somewhere else?

I really hope the next ride we get at Universal isn't anything Harry Potter Related. I saw Transformers in Hollywood and all I can say is that it's just another Spiderman. I'm hoping they add a ride with actual animatronics instead of all this digital movie crap. (King King and Jaws you will be forever missed)

• Like 1

OK, so I'm guessing that they never actually started building a house in 44. The other buildings are only a few weeks ahead of the 44 build-out.

Is the following possible?

1) everyone who would be working on 44 is helping bust out the other 6 houses.

2) 44 gets demo'ed this week, leveled and ready to use next week.

3) construction starts on vacant lot 44 ASAP

4) Because the other house's have had so extra help, they are ahead of schedule, and this allows all the 44 crew and some extras to hop over to vacant lot 44 and get caught up?

Are there any areas that can be used at IOA, that abutt the sound stage area?

According to a source, work had already begun on the SS44 house and had to be pulled out before they started the demo.

I really hope the next ride we get at Universal isn't anything Harry Potter Related. I saw Transformers in Hollywood and all I can say is that it's just another Spiderman. I'm hoping they add a ride with actual animatronics instead of all this digital movie crap. (King King and Jaws you will be forever missed)

Whatever is going to SS44 won't be Potter. Jaws is Potter though.

Edited by Parkscope

This demo seems to be happening incredibly fast. Is it possible that they could be working on leveling SS44 so that a house could be built on the vacant lot before construction on the next attraction begins? Maybe an exterior house? That could be pretty cool, like Field of Screams 2. There is precedent now for a SZ to be given the house treatment.

do the new floats for the Superstar parade take up the remainder of space of B79? we could possibly see a permit pop up for that if the new Parade storage unit can hold the rest.

if a new permit isn't pulled within the next few days, we're having a 6 or 7 house event i think. unless they found someway to hide an 8th permit, but i dont know how that would be possible if it's a law to make all permits publicized in FL.

Edited by foREVer56