HHN 22 Construction Discussion

JDW

^^Are we sure they weren't moving them for the daily show stops they have? Or because they had the Minion float out for the grand opening this morning?

Because they aren't going to leave them out in the elements for the next 4 months.

Where do they usually put them for this three month span? Do they ship them completely off property?

Something just occurred to me... maybe that photo Armando posted is from then digging an actual "Creature Pit" in the house???? They could do something like that if the house was in a building that is going to be torn down afterwards anyway!!!!

Pretty legitimate point but do you think they would want to even remotely risk safety of park goers by having them enter a live demolition site? Albeit there may not be anything structurally wrong with the SS. And I believe I heard demolition already started? Idk, guess I'll just have to try and peep it out when I go back to Uni later this month

Pretty legitimate point but do you think they would want to even remotely risk safety of park goers by having them enter a live demolition site? Albeit there may not be anything structurally wrong with the SS. And I believe I heard demolition already started? Idk, guess I'll just have to try and peep it out when I go back to Uni later this month

I'm sorry I was being sorta smart alecky and also at that time hoping the building wasn't coming down. It has, the house in question has been scrapped... as far as I have heard since then at least. (today's revelation of 8 houses has taken everyone by surprise) And safety issues would prohibit that area for use as you said.

• Like 1

I'm sorry I was being sorta smart alecky and also at that time hoping the building wasn't coming down. It has, the house in question has been scrapped... as far as I have heard since then at least. (today's revelation of 8 houses has taken everyone by surprise) And safety issues would prohibit that area for use as you said.

So we are for sure getting 8? Is it in the forums or the HHN site? If on here could you link the post please? (p.s. dr. jimmy, big fan of your "spoiler" vids on youtube...always entertaining.)

So we are for sure getting 8? Is it in the forums or the HHN site? If on here could you link the post please? (p.s. dr. jimmy, big fan of your "spoiler" vids on youtube...always entertaining.)

Where are the other two houses going then?

I keep hearing 7 houses from other people, seems like it might be 7,

Where are the other two houses going then?

I keep hearing 7 houses from other people, seems like it might be 7,

After more conflicting reports last night it seems that it will be 7 houses after all. Apparently the call sheet had as house locations SS 22, 20a, 20b, Disaster, Tent 1, Tent2 and the Parade building. This last was assumed to be a typo as SS 33 was listed under house rehearsal times instead of the parade building.

The 8th house confusion was that one of the new zone locations LG (whatever that means) was also listed with the house rehearsals.

• Like 1

I would stop fretting about SS33. Even if anything was happening in there, the marquee entrance would likely be the exit (because it's the closest way to get back into the park without crossing potential queues). Anything else would be inside or at a door backstage you wouldn't be able to see.

But that's if anything was happening back there.

Could the new facade be an Alice cooper schools out? I know it does sound like a good one to use but that facade with the brick reminds me so much of a school

the facade i'm talking about is in front of tent 1, the rumored location for P&T, while AC is rumored to be in tent2. I didn't see any facade activity in front of that tent Saturday.

Penn and Teller, 2 magicians presenting a house this year. Should be announced soon.

Although, recent spec may speak against the originally proposed locations tent wise.

Wait Im confused...It could be AC or P&T?

Edited by Slash

Oh, derp...How sure are we that we're getting Penn & Teller though? Also, wouldn't it make more sense to have them do a show instead of a house?

Absolutely sure, and actually is more cost-effective for them to not do a show.

But this is off-topic.

It is definite. The Alice Cooper facade concept art says "Sprung Tent 1", which is the sprung tent closest to Simpsons. The facade was covered with a black tarp so that way the Alice Cooper house could remain a secret until they announced it.

Sprung Tent 2's facade is flashy and Vegas-like... But can only be viewed from the side at this time.

zdD4U.jpg

Seems like we might be getting some decent facades for the sprung tents this year. As much as I loved last year's tent houses, I thought both of the facades were a little too simple. Don't get wrong I loved both facades, they worked PERFECTLY for their respective houses...but with such elaborate facades such as that of Winter's Night and The Thing they just came off as well, too simple. Maybe this is one of the positive consequences of being down a house this year. Make up for the lack of a house with some nice set pieces/facades or the houses his year. We'll see though on opening night :)

The lack of one house doesn't affect whether or not a house facade is better or not. We've had very well done and somewhat elaborate facades for the Sprung Tents when there were 8 houses. 2006 (Psycho Path), 2007 (The THING: Assimilation), 2008 (The Hallow), 2009 (The Spawning) & 2010 (Havoc) = the best Sprung Tent facades. There were other really good ones too that had extra things to enhance the entrance.

My point is, don't expect to see anything more "elaborate" than usual just because there is one less house.