HHN 22 Construction Discussion

JDW

That's also assuming they were budgeted the same amount of money that they would have been for eight houses.

Each house, when proposed, as an estimated budget request. If a house gets approved, then the budget gets approved with it. Funds can then be shifted around from house to house after they're approved, but if the budget for only seven houses were approved then A&D/Entertainment likely didn't get the money for the eighth house at all.

There's really no training for the scareactors. Just one hour extra for all can rack up some serious money. At least with less training it adds to the imagination of most scare actors. If anything, its like a rush through your area, show you your buttons (assuming you have any), and maybe, just maybe have a mock trial with the other cast before employee preview. The employee preview is training enough especially when you have the A&D and other higher ups voicing their opinions on your acting that night and most nights to come. Wasting money on the scare actors would do nothing is basically what I'm trying to say in a less wordy procession.

I don't think spending money on scare actors would do NOTHING. A haunted house is a show...if you have more rehearsals for said show, you and the rest of the cast knows the story very well, if not then the translation of that story fails. I'm not suggesting that the actors come in and get their training done more intensely. I know the price of keeping the actors on is enormous, but I personally believe that the show should be PERFECTED before the event opens...not after, I guess I'm an idealist...but the event won't suffer anyway. This year will be great and all this board talk is really just to kill time...can I get an Amen?

Didn't take time to look and see if this had been shared or not but....

I made a visit to the park today and:

Upon closer inspection the sign on sprung tent one says "Welcome to New Vegas"

not "Presents New Vegas", and the barrels claimed to be "poker chips" are neon orange/green splashed barrels

have large stickers/labels on them, some are big yellow smiley faces, others are biohazard warning labels.

and according to a friend who works with the parade, all of the Mardi Gras floats have been shrink wrapped

and moved out of the back of B79 and A&D was in and out of the building for the last few days.

Just thought I'd share. :)

• Like 2

and according to a friend who works with the parade, all of the Mardi Gras floats have been shrink wrapped and moved out of the back of B79

The MG floats have been parked under the parade pavilion for the past few months. So I'm guessing they mean the rest of them.

The MG floats have been parked under the parade pavilion for the past few months. So I'm guessing they mean the rest of them.

Yeah, sorry. The back half of B79 (leaving room for the superstar parade floats and such on the other half) was completely emptied out, from what I understood it was just holiday parade floats that had no other spot to sit, or just misc. items left by production or just dry storage for anything they didn't want left out in the rain.

It's not really that "quick." Rehearsals start in a little over a month. The Stage Managers and coordinators are already on board and will spend the next month learning every little in and out of what is expected by the creative team. It's about normal.

More news from my parade building source! :)

Large props were sited outside of the back door of the parade building earlier this morning.

From what I was told the props include:

Large (assumed to wooden) boat, explained as a large native american canoe

Multiple (2-4) "black, rod-iron Gothic chandeliers"

A stack of "random wooden doors".

Top door was described as "dark wood with a lighter frame, and a small window at the top, like it came off of a ship."

Obviously, their very low on time on constructing this house, so they can't build too many new props for it and will most likely make most of it from props already made in the past. They do it with every house, but since time is a major problem with this house, there's gonna be more reused props than usual i think.

And since Dr Jimmy's latest video said all 7 statements still stand... that means we should be seeing a classic monster/DE style house. They have exactly 23 days (roughly 3 weeks) to complete the house before rehearsals start. Now if this is supposed to be similar to 2008's DE, then it won't matter what anything looks like going in since it will be painted black anyway :lol:

I'm sure Peter (FoREVer56) has mentioned it before... but if this house is supposed to be the classic monsters, 2009's Silver Screams facade would be perfect to reuse for this. Eitherway, this will be interesting to see what ends up being done with this last house with such a short construction time-frame.

And since Dr Jimmy's latest video said all 7 statements still stand... that means we should be seeing a classic monster/DE style house. They have exactly 23 days (roughly 3 weeks) to complete the house before rehearsals start. Now if this is supposed to be similar to 2008's DE, then it won't matter what anything looks like going in since it will be painted black anyway :lol:

I'm sure Peter (FoREVer56) has mentioned it before... but if this house is supposed to be the classic monsters, 2009's Silver Screams facade would be perfect to reuse for this. Eitherway, this will be interesting to see what ends up being done with this last house with such a short construction time-frame.

Honestly, having never had the chance to do a Universal Monsters house at Universal Studios, I'm really pumped for this house. And if do it so it's all black and white (it seems like it would lend itself well here), I am going to flip out in excitement. I predict that this may even end up being my favorite house of the event.

• Like 1

2009's Silver Screams actually did a real "black & white" scene for Phantom of the Opera... it was all gray-ish/brown with a flickering light filter to make it seem like we were really in the scene from the movie.

That is another thing that crossed my mind about the whole Classic Monster/DE crossover concept collaboration idea... thing.. (whatever the hell it is). Fans have wanted a black n white house, this house could very well fill that void in some capacity. However, part of my mind wonders if they'll use "colors" for the blacklight reflective paint.

Actually rehearsals don't start until the second week of September, more like 29 or 30 days.

Good for you, for knowing that B79's rehearsals are Thursday, the 13th. I was referring to rehearsals in general which start Sept 3rd. So yes, all of the houses should be completed before that first rehearsal day.

Good for you, for knowing that B79's rehearsals are Thursday, the 13th. I was referring to rehearsals in general which start Sept 3rd. So yes, all of the houses should be completed before that first rehearsal day.

That's not was I was referring to but ok :) No need to be rude, the information I have contradicts yours.

• Like 2