HHN 22 Construction Discussion

JDW

a member on Rumors (Cody) stated he's heard a rumor that the house will reach beyond the inside of the SS. I have no clue what the gates for.

So perhaps will be seeing an outisde facade like we do with the sprung tents

Maybe the house will extend outside like they did in 2007 with Vampyr: Blood Bath in Nazarman's

The current daytime parade does not go through that portion of the park.

Unless you're speculating a parade based off gates...

Well not really, The size of the gates is related to what will go thru them. It looks like they swing outward, wouldnt that be blocking alot

of the walkway/path? Or maybe its just part of the facade, but why build working gates if they are going to be just props?

Food for thought.

Height balloons were seen and a demolition permit were filed this afternoon for some if not all of Soundstage 44 today. Not only that but the Delorean was taken backstage and the BTTF 3 Train was hoisted out of position by crane and taken backstage also. Does this mean that the rumors of it not being used for a Haunt are true? Or will Soundstage 44 house a house as it's last hurrah before being torn down for a new ride?

Apparently the majority of the electrical got ripped out of Soundstage 44 today, also.

Food for thought.

Height balloons were seen and a demolition permit were filed this afternoon for some if not all of Soundstage 44 today. Not only that but the Delorean was taken backstage and the BTTF 3 Train was hoisted out of position by crane and taken backstage also. Does this mean that the rumors of it not being used for a Haunt are true? Or will Soundstage 44 house a house as it's last hurrah before being torn down for a new ride?

Apparently the majority of the electrical got ripped out of Soundstage 44 today, also.

Wow, a veritable buffet of food for thought. I heard that people were throwing that idea around for an attraction there, but I had no idea it could have been so soon. Very interesting, good find.

Food for thought.

Height balloons were seen and a demolition permit were filed this afternoon for Soundstage 44 today. Not only that but the Delorean was taken backstage and the BTTF 3 Train was hoisted out of position by crane and taken backstage also. Does this mean that the rumors of it not being used for a Haunt are true? Or will Soundstage 44 house a house as it's last hurrah before being torn down for a new ride?

Apparently all the electrical got ripped out of Soundstage 44 today, also.

well here, i am useful for this comment then, as you know, singapore and hollywood have gotten the transformers ride already, they have been in talk about bringing it to orlando for sure, i know for a fact the next ride they are putting in is going to be transformers no if ands or buts

well here, i am useful for this comment then, as you know, singapore and hollywood have gotten the transformers ride already, they have been in talk about bringing it to orlando for sure, i know for a fact the next ride they are putting in is going to be transformers no if ands or buts

SS 44 is no where near big enough for Transformers. Also, the next ride to be at Universal is another Harry Potter section with, for what the speculation states, Gringots.

I have heard the rumor over Transformers but it would most likely go next to MIB if it ever does. ?But seeing as Project 722 isn't even going to be finished till sometime in 2015... Probably wont be for quite a while.

On topic: I'm thinking it is a partial tear down. It makes no sense to continue forward with the HHN permits if they are tearing it down before. After who knows.

I'm thinking it is a partial tear down. It makes no sense to continue forward with the HHN permits if they are tearing it down before. After who knows.

I'm hearing it's a partial teardown too. I'd rather they just knocked everything down, including Monster's Cafe. Love the theming of the restaurant, just not the restaurant. And i'm sure they can relocate the standalone Monster's drink stand to somewhere around Beetlejuice.

I'm hearing it's a partial teardown too. I'd rather they just knocked everything down, including Monster's Cafe. Love the theming of the restaurant, just not the restaurant. And i'm sure they can relocate the standalone Monster's drink stand to somewhere around Beetlejuice.

actually this would make me very very sad, I love the restaurant, is one of my favorite things at Uni, this will probably happen, specially if they are going to do a ride there or something,

but really wish they didn't this will make me more sad than Jaws being destroyed, just thinking about it makes me sad,

what do you mean a partial teardown? and im not familiar with SS 44, can someone please show me a map or something or picture of where its located and what it looks like?

what do you mean a partial teardown? and im not familiar with SS 44, can someone please show me a map or something or picture of where its located and what it looks like?

SS44 is the building behind Monsters Cafe, and on the side of Shrek Alley (Where the Shrek Photo Op is).

I worry about this causing havoc with HHN. If it's a partial tear down then ok but the timing seems very off. Also why would they tear the electrical out now if it was still going to be the site of a house? It's a ton of work to tear electrical out, make improvements and then build the house for HHN. Here's a copy of the permit http://parkrumors.com/images/ss44.jpg It clearly states Demolition, New Foundations, Building Shell and Interior build out. I have no clue what the interior build out could hint at? This sure does throw a wrench into things either way.

Park Rumors posted that a permit was filed by Uni Creative for the demolition of SS44.http://parkrumors.com/demolition-of-bldg44/

if they're predictions are correct, what happens to the already planned house for 44? Unless Creative doesn't know how to cooperate with A&D, i doubt they would plan a house, file the permit for it and then demolish the building. so, i see 3 options:

1)they'll demolish the building after the event.

2)they'll put the house in 23(possibly along with another for our 8th house?).

3)we'll have 6 houses(or possibly 7 with a dual run in 22).

Speculate away! :)

HaHa thought so but worth asking you guys opinion (not like the movie is a classic or anything)

no is not that, I Love the movie, and that would actually be awesome, a scary clown parade, that sounds awesome, but they have done something similar in Hollywood with clowns in the streets and I really doubt Uni would ever do a parade again let alone a Killer Klowns parade, they would never do that,

Five houses up front with only three and Bill & Ted in the back would make for a cluster--over half of the event would be centered near the front entrance, essentially along a single street. They'll need something to distribute the crowd throughout the park more.

yeah this plus the demolition of the building is making me kinda worried, either we are going to get 7 or 6 houses or something and is going to be a mess, and if we get crappy scarezones like last year.... I would be so sad,

Of course the houses will be amazing but this is starting to sound like this year is not going to be too great, the parade and the Jaws construntion plus the lack of 1 or 2 houses and lack of space for scarezones, yeah, I don't know what to think about this, I mean, we don't know much right now but seems kinda bleak

Edited by black mask
  • Like 1

Park Rumors posted that a permit was filed by Uni Creative for the demolition of SS44.http://parkrumors.co...tion-of-bldg44/

if they're predictions are correct, what happens to the already planned house for 44? Unless Creative doesn't know how to cooperate with A&D, i doubt they would plan a house, file the permit for it and then demolish the building. so, i see 3 options:

1)they'll demolish the building after the event.

2)they'll put the house in 23(possibly along with another for our 8th house?).

3)we'll have 6 houses(or possibly 7 with a dual run in 22).

Speculate away! :)

What if they demolish it and have an outside maze? Like put a top over it like the Disaster queue. It may be a stretch, but none the less a possibility.

Edited by Brandon

This is my first time posting on HNN, But does anyone think Behind Universal Studios might be on to something with this ?

Noname10.png

SS23 has been part of speculation since the permits were filed for the demolition of SS44. No one knows at this point in time, since no permits were issued for anything in SS23. SS23 was rumored to be the "Queue" building again this year, as it was in 2008. As far as that site, take everything with a grain of salt.. it's about the 150th variation of a site owned by Jarod, and he as little to no creditability.

From pictures that I saw today they're definitely doing demolition inside.

Mainly this one.

SS44-005.jpg

Well, then I certainly hope we get a new building permit right quick for the 7th house. It's already more than halfway through June and if it doesn't happen this week we may end up with only six houses.

have you guys ever thought that maybe they have to demolish some of the building to make the essence of the house better? think about it, if they were to destroy it, they will at least use it for hhn, demolish it make it look like what its supposed to look like and tear it down afterward if they are.,,

Something just occurred to me... maybe that photo Armando posted is from then digging an actual "Creature Pit" in the house???? They could do something like that if the house was in a building that is going to be torn down afterwards anyway!!!!

Maybe it'll be the End of the World as we know it! But, yeah, it'll be interesting to see what happens in the next couple weeks with SS44. If it even gets demolished a bit before HHN, then it would still have to be safe for the GP to walk through.

maybe the are doing a house of horror like in hollywood and leaving the house up. demolish first, then build a permanent house. I'm most likely wrong but itwould be cool if they did that.

Edited by HHN_FREAK0524