HHN Hollywood 2012 Speculation

after going through the hints and looking over past properties I realized a name that was also on the survey

Clive Barker.

He's done 3 mazes in HHN's past: CB's Hell. CB's Freakz, and CB's Harvest

which then I asked myself, how is it that the hints match up to each other.

Well all 3 songs were released in 1987. that same year only 3 Horror Movie titles came out

Evil Dead 2

Prince of Darkness

and....oh yea.....Hellraiser....

"Explorers in the further regions of experience. Demons to some. Angels to others"

All I can say.....expect something big coming very very soon

Murdy has said it the hint has to do with one song that being one of there most Conterversal songs which is "Suffer Little Children"

I think Steven is on to something! I'm more into this now that it's not soley music related lol... it's like just when I said it, he decides to change things up a bit - _ - haha

I'm gonna have to go with Hellraiser. He said it's an existing property they haven't done. He specifically mentioned that it hasn't been done during the time he's been there. Clive Barker has been there prior to Murdy's reign, so in his eyes, this would be all new territory on who to work with AND a new movie property. It's one of the very few left to pick from as well BUT last year he kept going on about how they need another theatrically released movie. I don't know how close that remake is coming along but if it's early 2013, this could be a good promotion maze. I don't know... we shall see.

I think Steven is on to something! I'm more into this now that it's not soley music related lol... it's like just when I said it, he decides to change things up a bit - _ - haha

I'm gonna have to go with Hellraiser. He said it's an existing property they haven't done. He specifically mentioned that it hasn't been done during the time he's been there. Clive Barker has been there prior to Murdy's reign, so in his eyes, this would be all new territory on who to work with AND a new movie property. It's one of the very few left to pick from as well BUT last year he kept going on about how they need another theatrically released movie. I don't know how close that remake is coming along but if it's early 2013, this could be a good promotion maze. I don't know... we shall see.

you guys are mixing up the hints the one that never have been done with Murdy's HHN is the "NFL" hint not the Smiths hint

Maybe its an all too obvious clue, but it seems that Thomas Harris/Hannibal Lector is a probable choice for the one of the mazes. Profitable film and literary series, ominous locales, creepy villains (Academy Awardâ winning Lector, Buffalo Bill, Tooth Fairy), asylum cells, underground dungeons, and a flaming wheelchair victim, would measure up as a great horror attraction. Additionally there is a Hannibal book and TV series in the works. Not that this has anything to do with the clues, I just thought about last years Anthony Hopkins audio overlay in Wolfman.

Edited by AsylumSB

^I think a Hellraiser house would be amazing if what you're saying is true. The only thing is, Murdy has been saying that Maze #2 would have a "CRAZY" facade and that it would require a lot of space; that tells me it would be going in where T2 is. coming from someone who has only seen the first Hellraiser, I'm not really sure how the facadew ould work out other than it being the giant house.

Following true to the first movie it does take place in a house, however

think about HOTC. The House Facade was placed within the maze, and it has a big enough area to make a grand entrance

maybe to hell? or maybe even deep into the Laminet Config*

as for the internal structures, it would be easy having "chains" hang. they did it very easily with the ropes of meat hanging the past few years. and leaving the "tunnels" as the ruins of hell could work 0.o

you guys are mixing up the hints the one that never have been done with Murdy's HHN is the "NFL" hint not the Smiths hint

all point to a figure of Heaven/Hell

including the final track which was Welcome to the Jungle

Your task is to figure out what song and what PROPERTY it points to. It was top 100 hit from 1987. The window for guessing is open till 10PM

Last lyric hint. "You're gonna bleed but its the price to pay" What do these songs have in common? They all share 1 thing in common.

"Sign O The Times" by Prince. "If I Should Fall From Grace From God" by the Pogues. What do these SONGS have in common? "Lyric Hint #3 at 3

Here's the next lyric hint "a skinny man died of a big disease" what do these songs have in common?

Correct "If I Should Fall From Grace" by The Pogues. Second hint @ 12.

Here's the 1st lyric hint for maze 2 code name. "Bury me at sea, where no murdered ghost can haunt me" What do these songs have in common?"

Edited by StevenForTmrw

Following true to the first movie it does take place in a house, however

think about HOTC. The House Facade was placed within the maze, and it has a big enough area to make a grand entrance

maybe to hell? or maybe even deep into the Laminet Config*

as for the internal structures, it would be easy having "chains" hang. they did it very easily with the ropes of meat hanging the past few years. and leaving the "tunnels" as the ruins of hell could work 0.o

all point to a figure of Heaven/Hell

including the final track which was Welcome to the Jungle

Your task is to figure out what song and what PROPERTY it points to. It was top 100 hit from 1987. The window for guessing is open till 10PM

Last lyric hint. "You're gonna bleed but its the price to pay" What do these songs have in common? They all share 1 thing in common.

"Sign O The Times" by Prince. "If I Should Fall From Grace From God" by the Pogues. What do these SONGS have in common? "Lyric Hint #3 at 3

Here's the next lyric hint "a skinny man died of a big disease" what do these songs have in common?

Correct "If I Should Fall From Grace" by The Pogues. Second hint @ 12.

Here's the 1st lyric hint for maze 2 code name. "Bury me at sea, where no murdered ghost can haunt me" What do these songs have in common?"

where is this coming from? I cant see any of this on twitter

the only hints I see are

Maze 1: A Smiths song that was very conterversal on an album that was released in Febuary= "Suffer Little Children" that was Released on the self titled Album "The Smiths" relased Febuary 20th 1984 which was a song about real life murders that took place in the Moores of Manchester, a man and a woman murdered and buried 4 children and maybe more.

Maze 2: A NFL Team that has never won a superbowl, a "Classic Cowboy" and A Property that hasnt been done in Murdy's 6 year run of HHN

Im sorry but I dont get where these other songs are coming from I dont se them on twitter

also someone ask murdy about TrT and he said

@jjgx13 I love the film, has its challenges (sam, school bus kids are all child-sized...really tough to cast). Not saying no but tough

Im gonna say The Smiths is Trick r Treat

where is this coming from? I cant see any of this on twitter

the only hints I see are

Maze 1: A Smiths song that was very conterversal on an album that was released in Febuary= "Suffer Little Children" that was Released on the self titled Album "The Smiths" relased Febuary 20th 1984 which was a song about real life murders that took place in the Moores of Manchester, a man and a woman murdered and buried 4 children and maybe more.

Maze 2: A NFL Team that has never won a superbowl, a "Classic Cowboy" and A Property that hasnt been done in Murdy's 6 year run of HHN

Im sorry but I dont get where these other songs are coming from I dont se them on twitter

also someone ask murdy about TrT and he said

@jjgx13 I love the film, has its challenges (sam, school bus kids are all child-sized...really tough to cast). Not saying no but tough

Im gonna say The Smiths is Trick r Treat

try refreshing the twitter app or looking inbetween @ replys to other people

They are on there you just have to look closely

After his most recent volley of tweets, Mr. Murdy rephrased the hint as "famous cowboy" aka "Buffalo" Bill Cody. So it IS Buffalo Bill....the question is in what aspect is that relevant. Silence of the Lambs is too obvious, and honestly not really plausible as a HHN maze, as it's more of a psychological thriller than a horror movie. So there we go, Buffalo Bill....

On twitter, John Murdy mentioned the previously clues for maze #2 non Superbowl winner, classic cowboy, and maybe historical figure. My guesses are Buffalo Bills, Buffalo Bill (Legenday frontiersman), and Hannibal the great military strategist from the ancient Mediterranean. I can't get over a Silence of the Lambs related maze.

After his most recent volley of tweets, Mr. Murdy rephrased the hint as "famous cowboy" aka "Buffalo" Bill Cody. So it IS Buffalo Bill....the question is in what aspect is that relevant. Silence of the Lambs is too obvious, and honestly not really plausible as a HHN maze, as it's more of a psychological thriller than a horror movie. So there we go, Buffalo Bill....

It is too obvious but "psychological" is just another term for "popular horror". Many of the basic elements in the books and movies are horror based with an attempt to add a crime story, mystery, and cunning villainy.

Pulled from wikipedia re. Buffalo Bill from silence...

Harris based various elements of Gumb's M.O. on six real-life serial killers:

• Jerry Brudos, who would dress up in his victims' clothing and keep their shoes.
  • Ed Gein, who fashioned trophies and keepsakes from his victims' bones and skin. He also made a female skin suit and skin masks.
  • Ted Bundy, who pretended to be injured (using an arm-brace or crutches) as a ploy to ask a select few of his victims for help or assistance. They helped him, and this was when he subsequently incapacitated and killed them, dumping their bodies far away.
  • Gary M. Heidnik, who kidnapped six women and held them prisoner as sex slaves.
  • Edmund Kemper, who, like Gumb, killed his grandparents as a teenager "just to see what it felt like."
  • Gary Ridgway, the "Green River Killer", who, like Gumb, dumped women's bodies in rivers and inserted foreign objects into their corpses.

alright guys gots some new....

been tweeting murdy and got this

@HorrorNights

I'm one of the few who saw The Smiths live (Queen is Dead tour). They did not play this song when I saw them. Sets lists are out there...

@HorrorNights

Your task is to figure out the song and how it reveals the theme of maze #1. While we're at it let's reset the hints for maze #2 (cont).

@HorrorNights did you see them Aug 25 or 26

@djevilclown I can't remember the date...I remember where it was...

@HorrorNights universal amphitheatre?

@djevilclown That sounds familiar

@HorrorNights what was the song they started with?

1@djevilclown Woah that was decades ago...I think it was Please Please Please let me get what I want

@HorrorNights yea buddy.. you were Aug 26 1986 ;) and im saying suffer little children the return of la llorona..

@HorrorNights miserable lie is Texas chainsaw massacre cuz they lie to get the kids to lure them to the family

@HorrorNights reel around the fountain cuz it pertains to fountain in front of the park,has nothing to do with a maze I just think it ironic

and so if you guys dont know then heres the songs that leaves us

2. You've Got Everything Now

3. Miserable Lie

4. Pretty Girls Make Graves

5. Hand That Rocks The Cradle

6. This Charming Man

9. What Difference Does It Make?

10. I Don't Owe You Anything

11. Suffer Little Children

Haha! I think I have figuired it out! Well #2, The Buffalo Bills are one of the 14 teams that have never won the superbowl. There name connects with "Buffalo Bill" from SIlence of the lambs as Screamatme said already Buffalo Bill was inspired by Ed Gein, now from here we have to possibilities a repeat of House of 1000 corpses because Ed Gein was in there (please no!) or the highly anticipated Texas Chainsaw Massacre maze because that movie was inspired by Ed Gein! Oh Ya! I feel so good!

There's no way it could be TCM OR HotC...John's done both of those before. He said its based on an existing property and its something they haven't done...here's the kicker though, he only said they haven't done since HE started doing HHN...not that HHN hasn't done it....another clue?

Edited by ScreamAtMe

There's no way it could be TCM OR HotC...John's done both of those before. He said its based on an existing property and its something they haven't done...here's the kicker though, he only said they haven't done since HE started doing HHN...not that HHN hasn't done it....another clue?

The few times I talked to John Murdy at Universal and HHN, he told me that whenever they repeat a house, they never bring it back after its second year. House of 1000 Corpses is done, but the 3D may not be through just yet. I heard some odd rumor that they have a LOT of 3D glasses left over from last year (Notice how last year they were collecting those 3D glasses at the end of the maze?). Because of that, they may put them to good use for another maze this year.

As TCM, he said he would do the original in a heartbeat back in 2010. With the sequel coming out soon, I think he may take the opportunity to do it again, but with a new twist, which I would not mind seeing.

But HotC was here in the year 2000 they could be going back to its roots

That is true. It was also one of the two houses in the tram plaza that year. Because of the whole ordeal with Transformers, they could have the lower lot mazes and Terror Tram loading switch, bringing back the old pre-hiatus locations. Maybe at this rate, they can bring back the sound stage houses in the next year or two.

Plus, I agree. It really does look like HHN is going back to its celebrity tie-in roots. We got Rob Zombie's House of 1000 Corpses and Alice Cooper's Welcome to My Nightmare last year. Maybe this year we'll have Clive Barker come back and have Rob Zombie do an original maze. Hopefully they'll also do a completely original creation like La Llorona and have an overall theme as well.

I agree the Buffalo Bill hint is too obviouse and The Buffalo Bill was a frontiersmen not a cowboy, Silence of the Lamb was not a horror movie as ScreamatMe said Hannibal has just turned into a horror Icon over the years due to being a cannibal, and I should point out Hannibal unooficialy was in the 2006 House of Horrors overlay

But HotC was here in the year 2000 they could be going back to its roots

HOTC was here also last year and the year before Murdy said Maze two is a property "That has not been done in his 6 year run at HHN" which counts out TCM and HOTC as Maze 2 plus I dont think Murdy would do HOTC for a third year in a row and 4th all togather

as for The Smiths Clue The Song He's talking about is "Suffer Little Children" asong about Children being Murdered and Buried in the Moores on Manchester so Im sticking with TrT (Children being Murdered and Burried) or An American Werewolf In London (Murder in the Moores)

Id also like to throw out there the song "Panic" by the Smiths appeared on Shaun Of The Dead food for thought

I agree the Buffalo Bill hint is too obviouse and The Buffalo Bill was a frontiersmen not a cowboy, Silence of the Lamb was not a horror movie as ScreamatMe said Hannibal has just turned into a horror Icon over the years due to being a cannibal, and I should point out Hannibal unooficialy was in the 2006 House of Horrors overlay

Grindhouse, I never thought of SOTL or any Thomas Harris property as being a HHN form of attraction until today with this ongoing speculation thread. Many of the settings and characters are straight up horror: nearly faceless and unassuming serial killers, cannibal psychiatrist, home dungeons, skinned women, heads in tanks, disembowelment, maximum psych-cells with assorted "loons", pieces of mirrors in victims eyes, flaming wheelchair victims. What Manhunter and SOTL did best is tell "horror" without necessarily showing maximum gore allowing the imagination to fill in the blanks. Saw and Hostel were a group of people luring victims to a location to set up their gore-based, in your face "horror". In general, horror comes in all intensities and styles, not just costumed super powered serial killers wielding their favorite tool :candyman: (which by the way, I felt was entertaining in the70's, 80's, and 90's). For me, I guess this is more of wishful thinking, than speculation, even though I am holding out for a small chance to see this property at HHN 2012.

All i'm saying is I'm calling it now.

If Maze 1 is what I believe it is i'm gonna leave it alone

Maze 2 however is still a mystery as the hints keep throwing people off

I still say Clive Barker will return this year. He WAS on the survey as has been with HHN before.

Just throwing it out there. what happened to the Exorcist Rumor.....cough

Grindhouse, I never thought of SOTL or any Thomas Harris property as being a HHN form of attraction until today with this ongoing speculation thread. Many of the settings and characters are straight up horror: nearly faceless and unassuming serial killers, cannibal psychiatrist, home dungeons, skinned women, heads in tanks, disembowelment, maximum psych-cells with assorted "loons", pieces of mirrors in victims eyes, flaming wheelchair victims. What Manhunter and SOTL did best is tell "horror" without necessarily showing maximum gore allowing the imagination to fill in the blanks. Saw and Hostel were a group of people luring victims to a location to set up their gore-based, in your face "horror". In general, horror comes in all intensities and styles, not just costumed super powered serial killers wielding their favorite tool :candyman: (which by the way, I felt was entertaining in the70's, 80's, and 90's). For me, I guess this is more of wishful thinking, than speculation, even though I am holding out for a small chance to see this property at HHN 2012.

im not saying its not horror cuz its not a slasher movie its a crime thriller that has dark elements to it the only one I would conisder horror-isqe is hannibal riseing

All i'm saying is I'm calling it now.

If Maze 1 is what I believe it is i'm gonna leave it alone

Maze 2 however is still a mystery as the hints keep throwing people off

I still say Clive Barker will return this year. He WAS on the survey as has been with HHN before.

Just throwing it out there. what happened to the Exorcist Rumor.....cough

I think im with you on Clive Barker!

im not saying its not horror cuz its not a slasher movie its a crime thriller that has dark elements to it the only one I would conisder horror-isqe is hannibal riseing

...I think what it comes down to is wanting to see a scareactor run around yelling "Put the lotion in the baaaasket!" :hanibal:

would you settle for Freddy yelling "Or Else It gets the hose again" ?

so if Clive Barker has anything to o with the 2nd maze can we assume its Hellraiser since Murdy said its an existing property? even though a Clive Barker Original would be mindblowing!

I agree. I think it is going to be Hellraiser since Murdy emphesized the word property.

Side-note: Clive Barker's Hell was loosely based on Hellraiser. If you watch the walk-thru on the DVD I have of the mazes before the hiatus, you can see some very familiar elements from the movie in there (Hanging chains, underworld theme, and grotesque costumes and puppetry).

Not like this is much of a shocker, but maze #3 is pretty much guaranteed to be an original maze this year. This is the one that had to do directly with Dante's Inferno (so that solves one debate, he was using the book for inspiration of a maze!). Murdy hasn't said once (from my knowledge) of it having to do with any film property like he has the last 2 mazes. My guess, however, is this is probably the HOH overlay since they worked on the treatment for it pretty quickly.

Edited by DTH316