HHN Hollywood 2012 Speculation

And I personally will never understand how someone can enjoy walking through a house based on a movie they have already seen, where they already know everything they will expect to see (and then be disappointed that certain scenes were missing). :blink: But to each his own.

You don't understand? Getting to watch a movie and thinking, wow Im going to be able to experience and not just see it in a TV screen. I knew I was going to get complaints for this. I havent been in a movie based maze thats disappointed me either lol

You don't understand? Getting to watch a movie and thinking, wow Im going to be able to experience and not just see it in a TV screen. I knew I was going to get complaints for this. I havent been in a movie based maze thats disappointed me either lol

you must understand Zombie man hes been going to HHNO for years which one year can blow all of Post hiatus HHNH out of the water so its like soiling a kid with candy and then forcing him to eat Veggis the creativty is at full throtle with HHNH like it is with HHNO but lets please keep the whole Franchise vs Original content debate out of the spec thread please and thank you.

from what I recall the 3 on the short list were scream evil dead and TrT if I was correct

..so its like soiling a kid with candy and then forcing him to eat Veggis

Did you perhaps mean "forcing him to eat Vegans"? :rolleyes:

The short-shortlist if I recall was:

Trick-R-Treat: Helluva a cult following; I get the feeling that Murdy more or less said "fine, consider it to be on the shortlist". I just never got the notion that he fully embraced it.

Scream: It was definitely on the list, but after the mangling it got from HHN last year...

Evil Dead: I believe Murdy said he'd love to do this, but the licensing was not straightforward.

Exorcist: While this may not be on the formal shortlist, Murdy has expressed on several occasions how much he'd love to do a house based on it.

Insidious: While this was not mentioned explicitly by Murdy, it is a big favorite around here. I finally saw it last weekend - great flick. I was just listening to the "Unofficial Universal Orlando Podcast" and they did a great interview with J. Michael Roddy (creator of HHN-Orlando various years from 1998-2009). Even he mentioned Insidious as being the only recent movie that truly frightened him.

"The List" was derived from a Universal HHN Survey from a year ago. It was a ridiculously long list that mentioned some odd choices mixed with horror (hell, I think they even mentioned E.T.), asking you if you ever heard of it and if you would like to see it at HHN. A number of people around here started weeding the list down, eliminating movies for various reasons. It got whiddled down to about 12.

* And for the record, as good as these films were, I sure don't need to see them as a house.

^Yeah, the more I think about, the more it really pissed me off that they wasted an opportunity for using Scream to there advantage, it's real shame.

Anyhow, as cool as it would be to have an Evil Dead maze in HHNH, I really don't expect to see until 2013 or 2014, because the Evil Dead reboot should be released around that time.

I would still like to throw out there since this year has the release of a big Resident Evil game and another movie coming out around HHN time the possibility of a RE maze FINALY!!!! it was on the survey if I recall unless it has been taken out of the pot yet

I think it is very possible. The event is long-overdue for a good zombie-themed haunted house. Maybe they could make it even better by showing news reports of the zombie outbreak or something like that in the queue line.

Wishful thinking here, but what if they were able to put it inside the tram garage? The facade would fit in perfectly with the building it is already in for something along the lines of a laboratory.

^Yeah, the more I think about, the more it really pissed me off that they wasted an opportunity for using Scream to there advantage, it's real shame.

Anyhow, as cool as it would be to have an Evil Dead maze in HHNH, I really don't expect to see until 2013 or 2014, because the Evil Dead reboot should be released around that time.

I'm sure the remake will bomb because nobody wants to see the cruddy remake of Ash Williams being played by a woman. If it does, the ever-so-intelegent management will never allow Murdy to do an ED house because nobody wanted to see it from how the remake did. Smh. <_<

I'm sure the remake will bomb because nobody wants to see the cruddy remake of Ash Williams being played by a woman. If it does, the ever-so-intelegent management will never allow Murdy to do an ED house because nobody wanted to see it from how the remake did. Smh. <_<

A woman?!? Jeez, I haven't been following it that closely. That would truly be awful. I'm trying to picture "Alien" with Bruce Campbell playing the lead, and that would suck as well. Some films and are will forever be associated with a specific actor. Trying to change that will be a fail.

^Wow! didn't expect such a negative reaction just because the lead might be a female!

Here's the overall plot summary from HorrorBid:

Mia and David, estranged siblings who have recently lost their mother (Mias taking it the hardest being that shes the one who spent most days at the hospital watching her mother deteriorate) have reunited, along with some old friends and his Davids fiancee, for an intervention at THAT old cabin. Its here that the near rehabilitated Mia will also toss the last of her drugs down the well and finally go cold Turkey.

A big storm sets in. Everyone heads to the cabin. The book of the dead is found, and arrogant Eric (one of the friends along for the trip) takes the most interest in transcribing passages from it.

Meanwhile Mia struggles with her newly sober self BIG TIME. She was going slightly loopy anyway from a recent overdose (one in which she technically died from but was brought back) so no surprise that Mia is the first and worst to go bananas. And no surprise either that nobody believes her crazy claims of coyote dogs and trees attacking her!

Convinced this is just a crazy druggo coming to grips with her new reality, the gang insist Mia stay put. As far as theyre concerned, shell do anything to get out of the cabin and back to the comfort of a bar.

The stuff Mia starts seeing (she sees in the mirror a bloody face with a cracked skull sticking out) and doing (vomiting blood and vile at her friends; getting trigger-happy with a rifle) is alarming; but again, David and co say shes not leaving until shes cold turkey. Bad idea obviously the more time in the cabin, the further the demon that lives there can climb inside her body and take it over.

Covered in burns and blisters, and with bloodshot eyes, and complete with a new macabre grin, Mia goes all Jack Torrance on her mates. Even after shes injected with tranquilizers, the wild young woman is still a menace. They have no choice but to lock her in... well, Evil Dead fans will know what thats about.

Theres some fun moments. With great effects, they could look a treat. For instance, when the gang do decide its time to get Mia to the hospital, David grabs the girl and they drive to the bridge they came in on… Only its gone now! Water has swallowed it whole.

To me, this reboot is going to be more a remake of the first ED flick, the one where Ash was sorta of a wuss. To the whole storyline has a lot of similiarities.

In both versions, the sister starts to hear voices in the cabin, is attacked by trees, attempts to escaped with her brother only to find the bridge destroyed, and gets possessed and possibly gets locked into a cellar. Catch my drift? ;)

To the whole thing about Mia replacing Ash is sorta bs to me, who says that David isn't going to be the protagonist instead. It fits perfectly!

David = Ash Williams (protagonist of ED)

Mia = Cheryl Williams (antagonist)

Eric = Scott (Ash's douchebag friend)

Mia's best friends = Linda and Shelly

Who knows, we could be pleasantly surprised with this reboot.

Edited by iLuvStabWounds

you must understand Zombie man hes been going to HHNO for years which one year can blow all of Post hiatus HHNH out of the water so its like soiling a kid with candy and then forcing him to eat Veggis the creativty is at full throtle with HHNH like it is with HHNO but lets please keep the whole Franchise vs Original content debate out of the spec thread please and thank you.

from what I recall the 3 on the short list were scream evil dead and TrT if I was correct

sorry about that

Real quick! All know Evil Dead is my ALL TIME FAVORITE HORROR FILM and I'd love to see it at HHN. And as optimistic as I am about this remake and think with what they're doing by actually injecting a plot into the story is great and trying to distance itself by making it completely different and having the lead be a female are all wonderful ideas - - if it's at HHN, it will NOT be the same. We want the ORIGINAL Evil Dead. Throwing in some remake shit that nobody cares about will be damn stupid.

But since this is speculation and considering what we've seen in the past, we're gonna be getting this crap and it won't excite a damn person. My only guess of us getting the original Evil Dead will be far off in the future after 3 - 5 years. The remake comes out in 2013 so we might instantly just get that maze for no good reason. Then they gotta see the response from critics, fans and Box Office. Then they gotta see how DVD sales are like. And then how it fairs on TV. That's far into 2014 now with a possible maze repeat, IF it was popular the previous year. Then our youth will have to catch on with the original film now that they know of the remake and that takes a year or two (say what you will but TrT STILL isn't popular). So after the remake movie, a possible remake maze, 2 - 4 years of building up a fan base of the original, we may see a huge increase of people wanting to see this maze in freakin' 2016. But oh wait! Than there's the repeat police who will stop that from happening for another 4 or so years, because God knows, no matter how many new fans Evil Dead will get after the remake, it's STILL no Freddy or Jason in the popularity department so a repeat with only a year in between sure ain't gonna happen without risk of pissing off the fans.

So an Evil Dead maze based on the original? 2020

Edited by DTH316

Yeah please no more remake talk, it's not really getting anywhere with speculation. **Regrets opening that can of worms**

To get back on track with speculation, I wonder if Transformers will bring enough $$$$$$$ into the budget to bring us a new show? Ahem, SlaughterWorld.

I don't think we're getting Slaughterworld back - - ever.

Soon, HP Land will take over (supposedly that spot) and the neighbors complain about noise as is. If we didn't get it this last year, I don't see why would this one.

Time to face the sad, cold reality... Slaughterworld's last show has come and gone.

Rocky Horror or the like though? Totally plausible.

Maybe even something not so loud in the Waterworld arena? Maybe.

Soon, HP Land will take over (supposedly that spot) and the neighbors complain about noise as is. If we didn't get it this last year, I don't see why would this one.

Time to face the sad, cold reality... Slaughterworld's last show has come and gone.

if RHPS (i dont think it will due to T2 being a maze location now) comes back I hope people are more open minded about it, Homophobia killed it at our HHN, which is wierd considering its hollywood people were just walking out angry that year, as for Waterworld...if slaughterworld dont come back for being too loud nothing will, its a big staduim and needs to be loud

Even though the Slaughterworld show would be closed due to noise pollution, wouldn't it be possible for maze to take its place in there instead? Considering that Slaughter/Waterworld is a stunt show full of pyrotechnics, explosions, and the like, it would seem reasonable that a maze located in the extended queue would be a little quieter.

Edited by iLuvStabWounds

We suggested that to Murdy years ago but he says it can't be done since it has to be open for daytime usage also and that if you use up the Waterworld queue then they would also need to find a queue for the maze. I don't know, kinda dumb to me since they did it already with the Monsterquarium maze pre-hiatus.

I think the answer to the noise complaints is to convert the Waterworld arena to become the city of Sunnyvale and make a show based on the Buffy episode "Hush". It could spawn a Body Collectors house in Hollywood.

And I recall there was a pretty damn big queue in front of Monsterquarium.

I went to Universal today. I noticed a few things while I was there...

1) Quite a few of the things from last year's Terror Tram were still there. I noticed some of the sets and a few sound walls still standing as well as a few left over bodies in the War of the Worlds sets.

2) They were doing some construction around the queue for the Studio Tour. I wonder if this is related to what some of my sources have been telling me about the Terror Tram loading area and sixth house switching places. Keep in mind that I've heard that they might be loading in the lower lot and dropping the TT patrons off by the tram plaza.

3) They were digging up the first third of the immediate queue for Jurassic Park probably reconfiguring it. I'm not sure if this relates to having an extended queue for Transformers or if they're making it work for the new Terror Tram loading.

Just thought I would throw those things out there for speculation.

I went to Universal today. I noticed a few things while I was there...

2) They were doing some construction around the queue for the Studio Tour. I wonder if this is related to what some of my sources have been telling me about the Terror Tram loading area and sixth house switching places. Keep in mind that I've heard that they might be loading in the lower lot and dropping the TT patrons off by the tram plaza.

3) They were digging up the first third of the immediate queue for Jurassic Park probably reconfiguring it. I'm not sure if this relates to having an extended queue for Transformers or if they're making it work for the new Terror Tram loading.

Just thought I would throw those things out there for speculation.

how much of a cluster F is it gonna make the lower lot if they did that, and to put a maze in the queue for the Studio tour is not gonna happen, to put a maze there you need to use some of the queue for the maze and alot for the queue which would block the queue for the daytime tour and that for sure is not gonna close for HHN

how much of a cluster F is it gonna make the lower lot if they did that, and to put a maze in the queue for the Studio tour is not gonna happen, to put a maze there you need to use some of the queue for the maze and alot for the queue which would block the queue for the daytime tour and that for sure is not gonna close for HHN

Actually, it makes sense if you think about it (I meant a house around the tram garage area. Sorry for not being clear. lol). Putting a black tent house around where the tram garage is would provide a LOT of queue space. Heck, they could easily have two houses in the same general area and they would still have plenty of room to provide overflow for both. As for the issue of blocking the daytime tour, all hey would have to do is set the barriers up after the last tour of the day leaves the loading dock. I think an hour would be plenty of time to prepare a queue. Besides, they did that before the hiatus and it worked out just fine.

Having the Terror Tram loading in the Jurassic Park extended queue would actually provide much more queue space than having a house down there(Think of this as the King Kong Express back in 2010). The line for Alice Cooper was backed all the way up to underneath the escalator. If they had the tram load down there, the large space that would have been used for a haunted house would be entirely used for queue. doing that would help alleviate some of the overflow from bleeding towards the escalator. I Transformers will be open during HHN, that will allow the overflow for the Mummy venue to go underneath the escalator. Add this onto the fact that they would drop off the TT patrons at the tram plaza, it would actually help keep the crowd situation on the lower lot under control.

OH MY GOSH! Okay so first of all I feel like I havn't been on in here in FOREVER. Which is probably because I havn't been....But that is besides the point. OKAY! So I am Facebook friends with John and I saw this post on his wall...

vni6mq.jpg

:OOOOOOOOOOOO