HHN Hollywood 2012 Speculation

I third the Terror Tram being the heart and soul of HHN. I'll keep going through it for another 2 decades even if it is in the same spot. They just gotta open their damn eyes, wake up and make it freakin' awesome again. Creativity is what makes it work and they've run out of ideas for the spot it's in now (which sounds crazy to me since they never put many ideas in it in the first place) so a new spot would definitely give it a new sense of originality. However, if they can't think of ideas to sustain that area too, I'm sure we'll be back to complaining about that spot in another 5 years also.

As I said, get an entirely new creative team to work on the Terror Tram. If they seriously can't figure out what to do with it, that's pretty damn sad since all I've seen is Bates, Clowns/Chainsaw henchman in Whoville and zombie/mutant inbreeds in WotW for 5 years. The only area that kinda changes is the woods depending on the theme for that year. Aliens? Demons? Ghosts? Robots? I don't freakin' know, there's a thousand things they're not doing with the TT that would be great that are making us go insane by not doing them and instead they resort to the same crap. You guys aren't wanting a different location -- you just want different content. Trust meeeee.

Just to add in a few touchy details, lets start with some basic facts

1. This year Transformers will be open during HHN, HOWEVER the Lower Lot Mummy Que maze will ALSO be open

Transformers has a big enough que line to hold an equivalence to both The Simpsons and JP. this includes the exterior que and the interior que lines

With that being said I can see how the line will be formed for Mummy Que and how the maze can be played out

2. as for the reference of Dante's Inferno, the story itself is based off of Dante and his path through the 9 levels of Hell, His path through Purgatory and then finally to Heaven

however Murdy has stated hes using it as a reference to something hes creating on his own, IF what I know is true, and although I can't say what it is, the answer may be ALOT closer than you think, connect the clues. everyone keep your prayers ready, In the Name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.....

3. As for the SS usage, that will NOT be happening, NBC Universal has already sold the soundstage to a production crew for a new film, can't say what exactly but I know all soundstages are out of the question until usage becomes available. with this being said, there are some places that ARE open to use, you just got to think where and how.

4. Terror Tram: This is gonna be a big one for us this year, its still up in the air on whether or not the relocation can be used or not. If the relocation does happen DO NOT expect to see more places than we have already.

any other questions i'll be happy to answer :)

my speculation list is already set and complete as well as a few scarezones, however that is something we'll have to wait and see ;)

No,dont shut down the terror tram.Its the heart and Soul of hhn and is what makes it different and unique from Knotts and HHNO.Without it, HHN would just be any old regular haunt. The solution is simple...creativity.All they have to do is get creative with tt like they used too and not put zombies in the WotW set and all the other tiresome things they usually do

The TT is a perfect example of some things at HHN that they have in common with Knott's - things that are stale and unchanging. For 2011, it stuck out like a sore, festering thumb against most everything else that was new.

The Terror Trams of 1992 and 2006 were unique and kick-ass. Everything since has not been worthy of HHN. Why do we need to keep it on life-support by slapping a new tram video on it? I'm not a big Scream fan, but the TT must have been sheer embarrassment for a real Scream follower. Let it close for a few years and come back in a new form.

As it is, you've got Whoville, Bates motel, Psycho house, and WoTW. Nothing is going to change these sets just for Halloween. How can you really freshen up these areas? I mean seriously. What else are you going to put in the WoTW area except zombies or military? Vampires? Werewolves?

Even the name "Terror Tram" doesn't make sense anymore. The thing is a scarezone; the Tram is just the transportation that happens to force us endlessly through the Mummy tunnel. Back in 1992, it really was the Terror Tram. They put a horror overlay on the regular Tram Tour, and it was 100% ride-through (no walking). Those backlot streets can be quite spooky in pitch black, and they used it to their advantage.

Those were the days, and unless they want to do that again, I say close it for a while. And I think many of you are overlooking this point: Use the TT part of the budget for another house.

On a different subject for 2012, I'd LOVE to see a new vision for HoH:

Every year, around late August, close HoH and gut the place. Build a brand new soundstage-quality house with brand new theme. Open it for HHN and advertise it heavily as the premier house for that year. Leave it open until the next August and gut it again.

If they want to use a movie theme, great. Get the production company to be a paid sponsor. If they want to create a brand new icon, even better.

but please - PLEASE - don't waste another penny of HHN budget to slap another banner in front of the marquee and call it "new for 2012!". Either completely change it for HHN or don't touch it at all. There is no reasonable in-between. It will eat just as many HHN customers either way (which is all it has been good for since, well, forever).

Just to add in a few touchy details, lets start with some basic facts

1. This year Transformers will be open during HHN, HOWEVER the Lower Lot Mummy Que maze will ALSO be open

Transformers has a big enough que line to hold an equivalence to both The Simpsons and JP. this includes the exterior que and the interior que lines

With that being said I can see how the line will be formed for Mummy Que and how the maze can be played out

2. as for the reference of Dante's Inferno, the story itself is based off of Dante and his path through the 9 levels of Hell, His path through Purgatory and then finally to Heaven

however Murdy has stated hes using it as a reference to something hes creating on his own, IF what I know is true, and although I can't say what it is, the answer may be ALOT closer than you think, connect the clues. everyone keep your prayers ready, In the Name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.....

3. As for the SS usage, that will NOT be happening, NBC Universal has already sold the soundstage to a production crew for a new film, can't say what exactly but I know all soundstages are out of the question until usage becomes available. with this being said, there are some places that ARE open to use, you just got to think where and how.

4. Terror Tram: This is gonna be a big one for us this year, its still up in the air on whether or not the relocation can be used or not. If the relocation does happen DO NOT expect to see more places than we have already.

any other questions i'll be happy to answer :)

my speculation list is already set and complete as well as a few scarezones, however that is something we'll have to wait and see ;)

I have a question. Do you know or can you say if they are looking into a real theme and Icon?

I have a question. Do you know or can you say if they are looking into a real theme and Icon?

Good question. From (2), I'd wager the icon is something along the lines of The Reverend, with the theme being the end of the world. If so, I like it. That reverend character was one of the big highlights of that year.

On the other hand, Uni would have to tread carefully with any theme involving religion.

I just want to say that NOBODY knows what will transpire for HHN 2012, not even John Murdy himself because even the plans he has now will change into a completely different being by the time it comes. New ideas will pop up, old ones will be thrown out, ones in progress will get shut down, new ones will be thrown in at the last minute. There's about 6 more months until construction even begins. Transformers opens in May (finally announced), smack dab right before construction begins and that can unexpectedly change things as well.

It's almost the same exact thing for making a movie. You write a script and you believe how it'll turn out. Things change in the process due to upper management so you make those changes. Things change due to production and then things change due to budget. More changes are then needed to the script. Then you get the actors involved and then they want changes. And then you film it, and it's not quite what you expected, whether that's a good thing or a bad thing. Then in the end, you gotta edit the sucker. And then you gotta edit it for the execs. And then you gotta edit it based on the test screenings. And then you finally release it and it's maybe 20 to 30% of what was originally imagined if you're lucky. For HHN, I imagine it's less since, unlike a movie, the event changes "while it's in release."

So rumors and so called plans, at this point, are pointless even from Murdy himself.

So rumors and so called plans, at this point, are pointless even from Murdy himself.

Totally agree! This might as well be the area for speculating about HHN 2024. But that's plain silly - the whole damn park will be one giant Harry Potter land by then and there will be no HHN allowed in it.

But seriously....

every year around this time, the board sees someone who claims to be 'in the know'. God knows, I've thought of pretending to be that person on more than one occasion :) On rare occasions that person really does know the current (hopeful) plans (remember Emeric Belasco?)

I have no problem feeding the rumor beast, still taking everything with a mountain of salt.

C'mon! Wouldn't The Reverend be a neat icon? Forcing his minions to walk around wearing "The end is near!" sandwich boards that have spikes on the insides. I can see it now...

C'mon! Wouldn't The Reverend be a neat icon? Forcing his minions to walk around wearing "The end is near!" sandwich boards that have spikes on the insides. I can see it now...

I think it would actually be really cool.

Halloween Horror Nights 2012: "The End is Near!"

Hey guys Im back from my adventures!

Ive just skimed through what you guys got so far so bare with me I got some points Id like to throw out there

like Steven said Dante's Inferno realy had nothing with the apocolypse, it was about the Hero dante going into hell to save his girl/wife, and was basicly just a discription of hell. secondly the Myan 2012 has absolutly nothing to do with the Judeo-Christian Apocolypse which means, no demons, no satan, no hell. that being said since it is 2012 it would be nice to see a (non-Zombie) apocolypse SZ or maze Myan or christian or what would be cool would be a maze based off of all the diffrent version of the end of the world, or even a Scarezone based off of the movie doomsday. as for zombies we had year without the traditional zombie (I used traditional since I know DTH still count the mutants from 10 zombies) but like clowns, zombies are a big part of halloween despite people's taste but I dont wanna see them become the new pigs, but we do need a legit zombie maze soon. as far as Dante's Inferno since I guess Murdy has said its not a direct refrence to DI, think of movies (if he's talking about a property maze) that have to do with Hell or Hell like demensions, but not realy connections to movies with the devil or demons (as I believe the devil was only breifly talked about at the end being frozon for eternity) like the Exorcist, Paranormal activity, ect. think of things that refrence more Hell/Hell like places such as Silent Hill, Hell Raiser ect. as far as a "Hell" theme yes a major theme park like uni would'nt do it, yes you can bring up welcome to Hell/Satan but that was a SZ that wasnt advertized outside the park and website where people who would be offended by it can avoid it make it theme and put it up on a billbord then you get the complaints, and look at Orlando's problems with this kind of thing it dont take too much to set them off although they could work around it but then again, as Murdy has said a million times the movies are always gonna be the icons even if the event is one movie maze and the rest Original content that movie is gonna be the face on all the ads and merch. Alien, as the Thing has proven, can work I dont think Disney is realy gonna have a say let alone care is Uni used it personaly I would like if it didnt happen this year just for the sake of spreading out simiular properties, but Im sure it could be pulled off well and would be an awsome maze!

wooo glad to be back

So we can go ahead and scratch the devil inside [off] the list, it got a 7% on [rotten] tomatoes and a couple of bad reviews.

Crap movies have never stopped HHN from doing a house The Thing remake turned out to be a flop. Then there's the bomb that was the Nightmare on Elm Street remake. And don't forget The Werewolf, even though that was the theme in name only. I believe the theme more depends on it being a franchise that is accessible by Universal and a theme that the design team enjoys. What we want to see is secondary to that.

I would personally love all movie based this year maybe one original but thats what the other haunts are for.

And I personally will never understand how someone can enjoy walking through a house based on a movie they have already seen, where they already know everything they will expect to see (and then be disappointed that certain scenes were missing). :blink: But to each his own.

Crap movies have never stopped HHN from doing a house The Thing remake turned out to be a flop. Then there's the bomb that was the Nightmare on Elm Street remake. And don't forget The Werewolf, even though that was the theme in name only. I believe the theme more depends on it being a franchise that is accessible by Universal and a theme that the design team enjoys. What we want to see is secondary to that.

The Thing bombed (but wasnt crap) after the fact abd I wouldnt say the NOES bombed it sucked but People did fork out money to see it wolfman was Murdy's own desire to put out there and was shoved in HOH.

and I realy dount we're gonna see the day (at least soon) where the Franchises out number Originality sorry to say

Hopefully there isn't a debate on how long this "short list" is again lmao

For all those that are new, Murdy said Trick r Treat and like 2 other movies were on the short list last year. I said no way that any of those movies were going to happen, yet people truly believed that they were pretty much solid facts as to them happening. Low and behold, none of them came to be, thus proving my theory that the short list is actually a pretty lengthy list, especially when considering we have 6 mazes now, so a short list would have to be about 18 properties (couldn't be 12 as that would make a "one or the other" situation by splitting the list in half) and then they'd have to cancel 2/3 of them out to come up with the line up we see.