HHN Hollywood 2012 Speculation

OH MY GOSH! Okay so first of all I feel like I havn't been on in here in FOREVER. Which is probably because I havn't been....But that is besides the point. OKAY! So I am Facebook friends with John and I saw this post on his wall...

vni6mq.jpg

:OOOOOOOOOOOO

Well, it's possible, but I'm not going to hold my breath. Since there should be a sequel coming out to theaters this Fall, I'm sure it's very likely but after all of the stuff that happened last year, I'm going to keep my expectations low. After all, it is the same thing he said last year.

Just a thought, Sam would make a really good theme and an icon. :)

Woah woah woah woah woah. Make-up venue taking up the lower lot location? Like as in the Hostel/Saw/TCM location? Does this mean we will be getting less mazes this year? :(

I meant to say that the JP/Alice Cooper venue will be receiving a make-up location around the tram plaza. Because of Transormers and how much overflow there was with AC last year, the sixth house and the Terror Tram loading will switch places. We will NOT be losing any net haunted houses. As far as I know, we should still be having the lower lot venue. We may need that for a big reboot of an extremely popular house in the past. :rolleyes:

Speaking of which, how would everyone feel if Murdy pushed for a seventh house? I wouldn't mind if Transformers increased the budget enough to where it wouldn't affect the quality.

I don't think they're gonna push for a 7th house. We barely just got 6 and that's a fine number by me. People have a problem with doing nearly half of them as it is after 9 PM, so a 7th house would just piss people off even more. Another show is needed before we get another maze to alleviate the crowd but who knows if that'll even work as we're hoping?

I don't want them to spread the budget thin. Nor do I want all the mazes to mesh in my memory like Knott's do. They have enough trouble with creativity as it is, sad to say :-/

^ I agree. Even if Transformers does increase the budget, I would rather they use it to make the best five brand-new haunted houses (Excluding the House of Horrors) in HHN Hollywood and possibly come up with some cool effects (See the "Spike wall effect that I've shown in the wishful thinking thread); not to mention the fact that we could also use another show like an illusion show or freak show of some sort.

Last year, we got four new haunted houses (One of those four, Alice Cooper, reused a LOT of props and sets from F13, NoES, Halloween, and Saw) and a repeat. It would be nice to have five brand-new haunted houses with no repeats.

But the question is, will they do that?!

We've already speculated two possible repeat attractions: Alice Cooper and Eli Roth (whether it's Hostel or not is still to be determined). That's not even including the HoH, which means we very well could only be getting three full fledged new mazes. Shrek venue, T2 venue (oh God, I can't wait to see what else they can put in here) and my personal favorite, the WWW venue!

I honestly don't think any of the mazes last year deserve repeats; other than La Llorona, they all fell below standard, in my eyes. Even the Thing didn't live up to expectations (it was still awesome though). But the fun of La Llorona, once again, for me, was the novelty of it and the fact it had a story in the queue. I believe if that story wasn't implemented there, I think it would've fell a bit below with the rest of them - - sure the scares, set design and surprises were great but 15% of me loving it belonged to getting the story set up so well in the queue and that's an extra 15% The Thing didn't have and they'd probably would've been on the same level. As I've said in the past, Alice Cooper reminded me of a REALLY good Knotts maze and everytime I went through Hostel, all the scares were off <--- that one might just be a bad luck thing but even still after, I still think it reminded me a sure helluva lot of Saw. And don't even get me freakin' started on the worst HoH overlay ever, The Wolfman (or the House of Horrors: And the cast of the Terror Tram once it closed).

Last year might've been a raging success but I hope the creative department can see that not only were the mazes lacking but the scarezones were neglected and the Terror Tram was... fuck it, we won't even go there. It'd be so relieving if they started over fresh and didn't pull anything over from last year when absolutely nothing deserves it. It'd be great to just have this as the one event that was left in the past and kinda forgotten. Well... I still want Scream... so that might be the exception (debatable it was even there in the first place).

Well, it's possible, but I'm not going to hold my breath. Since there should be a sequel coming out to theaters this Fall, I'm sure it's very likely but after all of the stuff that happened last year, I'm going to keep my expectations low. After all, it is the same thing he said last year.

Just a thought, Sam would make a really good theme and an icon. :)

I meant to say that the JP/Alice Cooper venue will be receiving a make-up location around the tram plaza. Because of Transormers and how much overflow there was with AC last year, the sixth house and the Terror Tram loading will switch places. We will NOT be losing any net haunted houses. As far as I know, we should still be having the lower lot venue. We may need that for a big reboot of an extremely popular house in the past. :rolleyes:

Speaking of which, how would everyone feel if Murdy pushed for a seventh house? I wouldn't mind if Transformers increased the budget enough to where it wouldn't affect the quality.

I agree that Sam would make an EXCELLENT icon! It would be so cool! And if he is I wanna see a SZ based after the scene with the big festival in the streets. There could be a lot of different random things in there and it would be pretty easy to do.

OH OKAY! Good! I was scared there for a minute about the make-up venue thing...

And about the whole 7th maze thing...If they could do it without messing with the quality of the mazes I would totally be all for it! The more mazes the better in my opinion. Since I always get FOL pass (even though the system is sketch now) I do everything pretty much before 9:30 and after that I just keep repeating everything unti 2 AM. It'll give those with the pass more to do and maybe it will have more demand for the FOL pass which might bring the original system of it back (probably not, but I can hope haha).

Edited by LeeRay

I agree that Sam would make an EXCELLENT icon! It would be so cool! And if he is I wanna see a SZ based after the scene with the big festival in the streets. There could be a lot of different random things in there and it would be pretty easy to do.

I can see it right now... Halloween Horror Nights 2012: "Tradition Never Dies!" :)

*Marketing screws with the slogan*

Halloween Horror Nights 2012: "What Tradition Fears Most!" <_<

And about the whole 7th maze thing...If they could do it without messing with the quality of the mazes I would totally be all for it! The more mazes the better in my opinion. Since I always get FOL pass (even though the system is sketch now) I do everything pretty much before 9:30 and after that I just keep repeating everything unti 2 AM. It'll give those with the pass more to do and maybe it will have more demand for the FOL pass which might bring the original system of it back (probably not, but I can hope haha).

Before Murdy even thinks about doing a seventh haunted house. He must improve the quality of the scarezones and the Terror Tram first as well as giving us an overall theme for the event and a BRAND NEW COMMERCIAL. The ad sucks! I mean, how can you market an event that's just a bunch of random vampires running past kids! Epic fail! It just shows how uncreative and ignorant marke- *Looks back to make sure Ghostface is not sneaking up on me*

But in all seriousness, I don't care how much money gets put into the event's budget from Transformers. The event is just where it should be quantity-wise for now. They need to up the quality of the stuff I just mentioned if this event is going to thrive. Knott's is apparently going to step up their game this year in a big way so Universal better shape up and allow Murdy to do what he needs to do.

Before Murdy even thinks about doing a seventh haunted house. He must improve the quality of the scarezones and the Terror Tram first as well as giving us an overall theme for the event and a BRAND NEW COMMERCIAL. The ad sucks! I mean, how can you market an event that's just a bunch of random vampires running past kids! Epic fail! It just shows how uncreative and ignorant marke- *Looks back to make sure Ghostface is not sneaking up on me*

*STABS FREAK* FAIL! buahahahahah

Ya know, I've been thinking a bit with this whole speculation on what Murdy reading Dante's Inferno could be about, and it could be that he's drawing inspiration from that book to make the long-awaited Exorcist house? We've all wondered how that movie could be translated into a house since it all takes place where Regan lives, but what if they went from there and descended to where the demons and eternal torment took place? It would be a virtually original take on something based on a movie. Just think about the potential this has of being close to HHN Orlando's Hades haunted house. Puppet demons, giant demented scareactors, the fresh smell of brimstone...oh man, so many places they could go with that...

Ya know, I've been thinking a bit with this whole speculation on what Murdy reading Dante's Inferno could be about, and it could be that he's drawing inspiration from that book to make the long-awaited Exorcist house? We've all wondered how that movie could be translated into a house since it all takes place where Regan lives, but what if they went from there and descended to where the demons and eternal torment took place? It would be a virtually original take on something based on a movie. Just think about the potential this has of being close to HHN Orlando's Hades haunted house. Puppet demons, giant demented scareactors, the fresh smell of brimstone...oh man, so many places they could go with that...

again like I brought up I doubt it would have anything to do with the exorcist, and that idea kinda seems far fetched and Im sure the movie studio would have a lot to say if that is Murdy's plan

I think Murdy said he already had the whole Exorcist maze planned out, so I doubt he is researching for that. A new scarezone seems more likely to me.

I remember him saying that too. Since it's highly unlikely it would be the Exorcist...

Pie-in-the-sky speculation here, but what if he's researching Dante's for not just an original house, but also a main theme? Could we finally our icon that we wanted since 2007? With Transformers possibly increasing the budget, that wouldbe very nice. :)

But I'm going to keep my hopes low. Marketing could screw the event over again by slapping Lady GaGa or Leatherface on the front gates instead of the "icon". :rolleyes:

BTW, welcome back Nightcrawler! :)

I remember him saying that too. Since it's highly unlikely it would be the Exorcist...

Pie-in-the-sky speculation here, but what if he's researching Dante's for not just an original house, but also a main theme? Could we finally our icon that we wanted since 2007? With Transformers possibly increasing the budget, that wouldbe very nice. :)

But I'm going to keep my hopes low. Marketing could screw the event over again by slapping Lady GaGa or Leatherface on the front gates instead of the "icon". :rolleyes:

Is lady gaga seriously a possibility?

Thanks haha I'm looking forward to another year of speculation. I hope this year is a great one.

Is lady gaga seriously a possibility?

It was on the survey and Murdy said that if she was willing to that they would be open to it. But I don't think that she will be and it seems more like very early testing to see if people would even be interested. But speaking of possibilities, there are tons of people on twitter begging Murdy to make an American Horror Story maze. Now I haven't seen the show, but it's from Ryan Murphy, creator of glee. Not sure I would want this to be our first television property. I'm going to check it out on DVD though and maybe I will change my opinion.

^Even though I haven't see AHS, I still am not really interested in seeing a house on it since I'd rather they focus on more original creations. I might have mentioned this before, but if they had to choose between doing AHS or a cool new house that took place in a rotting old West town, I would choose the latter. Not only would they have the freedom to create all that they want with no restrictions of being true to the film. Besides, they would waste money on their precious budget with all of those licensing fees.

Also, am I the only one who isn't really that excited about turning Insidious into a haunted house?

Also, am I the only one who isn't really that excited about turning Insidious into a haunted house?

Yes. ;)

I hadn't thought of AHS but that certainly has potential. There are plenty of ghosts to choose from. However, most of them are just human-looking. Hmmmm. Regardless, if you're a horror fan, you need to watch that show NOW. It was the best new show of the year. Awesome stuff!

As always, I would like a balance of licensed houses and original content.

Yes :P . It was my favorite horror movie of 2011, personally. It has a variety of characters and environments, and it was a pretty big hit. A sequel is even in early stages of production. We have never had a maze like it before and would add some nice variety.

Yes :P . It was my favorite horror movie of 2011, personally. It has a variety of characters and environments, and it was a pretty big hit. A sequel is even in early stages of production. We have never had a maze like it before and would add some nice variety.

Word. Best horror movie of the year and tons of maze potential.

Guess I need to watch Insidious then. :blush:

Yes sir! I highly recommend! I can't believe you missed it! Who are you, John Murdy?!?!?! :P