HHN Hollywood 2012 Speculation

It's about time for a mutant/inbreed maze, ala Hills Have Eyes or Wrong Turn. Wrong Turn would probably be easier to pull off but it has less awareness. Boo.

How about an original concept? We're not bound by movies anymore, you know. ;)

How about an original concept? We're not bound by movies anymore, you know. ;)

Sometimes and for some reason, I always doubt that.... :-/

Here's some speculation from meeeeeeeee

Outside Alice Cooper and maybe a maze based off a scarezone and ofcourse, possibly the HoH, I don't think we're gonna be getting any original mazes. That's just a feeling I can't shake that things honestly won't change. I mean, they're changing in a way but I don't think we're gonna be getting a straight up original creation this year (yay, I can say this year now!). Am I the only one who foresees this happening?

Outside Alice Cooper and maybe a maze based off a scarezone and ofcourse, possibly the HoH, I don't think we're gonna be getting any original mazes. That's just a feeling I can't shake that things honestly won't change. I mean, they're changing in a way but I don't think we're gonna be getting a straight up original creation this year (yay, I can say this year now!). Am I the only one who foresees this happening?

I think they would be crazy to not do original creations. Think of how much money they would save from licensing fees. Plus, the GP apparently would not mind originals either. La Llorona and Alice Cooper were ranked among the two most popular houses in the surveys.

To me Alice Cooper and La Llorona werent all in all "original".Not that every maze has its roots, just that they were both based off of something else rather than strait out the minds of the Creative team

Anyways, Im guessing Murdy is gunna try to do that maze that was replaced by La Llorona ,you know Nacassio,CA. I think thats what the codename was

I strongly disagree. I would imagine a healthy amount of original mazes this year based off of the success of this year's event with its first original creations. We will likely see original mazes with a celebrity's name on it, though. Something like Eli Roth presents... or otherwise. Although next year I do hope for a completely original maze made solely from the talent at Universal.

Anyways, Im guessing Murdy is gunna try to do that maze that was replaced by La Llorona ,you know Nacassio,CA. I think thats what the codename was

Wasn't Nacassio replaced by Bunny Gibbons (HoTC) or Soap Opera (La Llorona)?

I strongly disagree. I would imagine a healthy amount of original mazes this year based off of the success of this year's event with its first original creations. We will likely see original mazes with a celebrity's name on it, though. Something like Eli Roth presents... or otherwise. Although next year I do hope for a completely original maze made solely from the talent at Universal.

Same here.

Murdy is still very much about awareness and name draws. As said, other than a celebrity endorsed original idea, shoe horning something into the HoH, maybe a Terror Tram plot or a scarezone-into-maze, we ain't getting any ORIGINAL originality while Murdy is running things. I honestly don't mind either -- I still totally love the movie mazes.

I want to speculate a: 2012/Apocalyptic Maze, A Devil/Hell Maze, the Return of TCM.

I would KILL for a Edgar Poe Maze like that of Orlando's Nevermore and a maze similar to The In-Between. Those houses were AMAZING. I would like to see a maze similar to a Winter's Night as well but with the way things are going, I don't think that it would fit into this years theme.

I saw alot of people sugesting 28 days later,so we may see that. Frankly im sick of zombies. In movies ,games,books,tv,everything.Its really getting repetative (even though 28 days later was the first fast zombie movie I think).im just sooooooooooo tired of them.

Even though we've never had a real zombie house yet, I agree. I just feel like the whole zombie theme is just tired out. Maybe it's because we've quite a few scarezones over the years on them plus the fact that they've been on the Terror Tram for six years in a row. Hopefully that will all change this year.

Back to the Dante's Inferno hint, since this is 2012, do you all think this has something to do with an apocalyptic theme?

I hope to God there will be an apocalyptic thing. But you guys are forgetting one thing! 2012 apocalypse also means = zombies (rapture stuff). So I can pretty much see them doing the usual crap for the WotW set on the Terror Tram. And I do still think we'll get the same route for the TT simply because of that. I mean, okay, if this is the idea they're sticking with, let's say we go out with a bang on the Terror Tram's old route? You can't do apocalypse without that set. And it's the grand finale of the Terror Tram so this gives them the chance for 1) this is the last time we'll use this route so it has to be epic 2) we can actually use this set to our advantage and actually MAKE it the story (as was with the Nightmare Tour). They could do something awesome like all of the Terror Tram route is gonna be destroyed. Have crazy shit in Whoville, the motel and house. Just go nuts with it with carnage everywhere. And even throw it into the story that next year, the old Terror Tram route was destroyed from the apocalypse. I mean, not necessarily the plot of Terror Tram but for us die hard fans, we can see it that way.

That's just the way my mind works. Will they do something that awesome? Probably not. And will they probably end up using the old route anyway? Probably.

Love the 2012 end of the world theme. No doubt it will be VERY widely used in haunts throughout the country, which may be a good reason for HHN NOT using it.

It was refreshing to see the first page of an HHN Hollywood speculation thread NOT mention a laundry list of movies. I truly hope we are entering an era of more non-movie based houses at HHN. And for the late-comers, as awkward as it sounds, "original theme" pretty much means non movie-based theme.

Poe would be really nice to see in Hollywood. Last year it was done beautifully (HHN) and pitifully (HOS).

And finally, how about letting the Terror Tram close for a couple of years? Use the budget for an extra house or something, and make people miss it. Much better than an a freakin' 7th year of chainsaws in Whoville and zombies in WOTW, dontcha think? On a related matter, maybe you've seen photos on MiceAge, but Universal has STILL not gotten around to take down all of the bloodied bodies from the plane wreckage. The pictures have been posted repeatedly, and they still leave the bodies in the plane. Really weird to see gore at family-friendly Universal during the daytime.

And finally, how about letting the Terror Tram close for a couple of years? Use the budget for an extra house or something, and make people miss it. Much better than an a freakin' 7th year of chainsaws in Whoville and zombies in WOTW, dontcha think?

AMEN TO THAT!!!!

As for less movie-themed offerings next year? I'm not holding my breath considering the survey was a huge laundry list of movies, TV shows, and celebrities. But I'm really hoping that Murdy learned something from La Llorona last year. Quality beats brand recognition!

No,dont shut down the terror tram.Its the heart and Soul of hhn and is what makes it different and unique from Knotts and HHNO.Without it, HHN would just be any old regular haunt. The solution is simple...creativity.All they have to do is get creative with tt like they used too and not put zombies in the WotW set and all the other tiresome things they usually do

No,dont shut down the terror tram.Its the heart and Soul of hhn and is what makes it different and unique from Knotts and HHNO.Without it, HHN would just be any old regular haunt. The solution is simple...creativity.All they have to do is get creative with tt like they used too and not put zombies in the WotW set and all the other tiresome things they usually do

I second that. Besides, if my sources are correct, we should be getting a new location...unless, of course, another production snatches it at the last minute like what happened this year.

I second that. Besides, if my sources are correct, we should be getting a new location...unless, of course, another production snatches it at the last minute like what happened this year.

If that's true, then bring it on! I'll believe it when I see it though :rolleyes:

I hope its true :)

I can say for a sure fact that it's not an issue of "if they want to do it", but "they plan on having a new location for Terror Tram, but let's hope another production doesn't snatch it up at the last minute". If Terror Tram ends up back on the same (but much shorter) route, you'll know what happened.