HHN Hollywood 2012 Speculation

I was just reading through the 2010 spec thread. Man, WHAT A NIGHTMARE (no pun intended).

We did so much research and obsessed over the tiniest of details and then dealt with so many postponed PRs.

The "no repeats" rumor was still active and totally ruined our speculation.

Back and forth over again, "Saw is returning" "Murdy said Saw won't be coming back!"

Hint for the first maze was "stab, stab, splat, stab, stab" OMG IT'S PSYCHO! Another hint is it's very bloody, OMG IT'S WOLFMAN! There's teenagers who die, OMG, it's Friday the 13th!

Yeah... we were CRAZY. So glad to see we've toned down since then. Well... you guys were crazy... I was perfectly normal ;) :-P

We didn't know the first maze until August 3rd (HOTC) and it was an entire 2 weeks later when we learned of two others: August 18th (Vampyre). August 19th (Nightmare).

Just crazy... just crazy...

With that said... I finally figured out the main maze this year...

ZOOLANDER RETURNS!

Yeah... we were CRAZY. So glad to see we've toned down since then. Well... you guys were crazy... I was perfectly normal ;) :-P

We didn't know the first maze until August 3rd (HOTC) and it was an entire 2 weeks later when we learned of two others: August 18th (Vampyre). August 19th (Nightmare).

Just crazy... just crazy...

With that said... I finally figured out the main maze this year...

ZOOLANDER RETURNS!

You know, its so crazy......IT JUST MIGHT WORK!! :candyman: Will John Murdy or any Universal pencil pushers please release any event information so our dear friend DTH can move beyond the realm of revolving speculation and into actual event discussion? Ha!

Right, only the title is the clue, but poltergeist only refers to 1 child suffering. I know murdy can be very specific with that type of thing.

I think the speculation is that poltergeist refers to Quigley with the Tobe Hooper clue.

even that is a stretch I would'nt realy say Carrol Ann suffered if I remember correctly (Disclaimer I hav't seen it in years) didnt see befriend the "TV People" and thats how she got sucked into the other world?

No I Mean I DOUBT TCM completly it was pushed back so I DOUBT we will see TCM this year. and what I ment about Polterguist is that the clues fit but the codename does not the song "Suffer Little Children" is about Child Murders in the moores of Manchester England So I think 3 points 1. Child Murder 2. Moores and 3. Manchester or England which non have to do with polterguist yes their are children in those movies but im pretty sure they survived IDK thats just my thinking.

........Wait.......Has anybody brought up the fact that those all match "The Woman in Black" ? Just sayin. That would be a freaking EPIC maze.

• Like 1

........Wait.......Has anybody brought up the fact that those all match "The Woman in Black" ? Just sayin. That would be a freaking EPIC maze.

You thought "The Woman in Black" was scary ? :o

I personally thought it was a typical 'haunted house' horror movie with Harry Potter in it and a not very scary looking spirit. ><

Edited by shark23

You thought "The Woman in Black" was scary ? :o

I personally thought it was a typical 'haunted house' horror movie with Harry Potter in it and a not very scary looking spirit. ><

Really?! Yess! One of my favorite movies! I thought it was fantastic. Finally a new horror movie that wasn't focused all around how much blood could possibly be put in there. And am I like one of the only people that can look past the fact that "Harry Potter" is in it? haha. Daniel Radcliffe is an AMAZING actor and should be aloud to play new roles without always being referred to as Harry Potter haha.

Lol I guess I just found all the parts that were meant to be scary very cheesy. Not saying the movie was horrible (the ending was creative), and yeah I agree Radcliff is a good actor (I just like referring to him as Harry Potter :P ) but in general it didn't scare me.

But since a maze with mainly all female scare actors was made last year, I can't rule out TWIB :0 lol

It would be ! That movie is sick ! The house in the movie is creepy its like the perfect haunted house setting.

We actually did talk about Woman in Black for awhile until Murdy said a movie from 2012 wouldn't be represented but a movie from 2011 WOULD.

It'd be a little too similar to La Llorona but then again, it'd be better than a DIRECT repeat of La Llorona. And even that wouldn't make me too mad so I'd kinda see potential in it.

There was also lots of Insidious (to me, the last movie to be semi-scary) talk but Murdy kept turning that down but he DID say he HAD been talking to the producers -- who also happen to be the producers of Lords of Salem (which is how that rumor got more validity).

And yeah, finally decided to get an avatar! Somehow it seemed appropriate...

Edited by DTH316

This might be the wrong thread for this. Thanks to you guys I have no become interested in the WD. I have now completed season 1. Am I the only HHN fan who watches the movies that the mazes are based off of! Would have never watched Hostel til last year and the same for MBV. Do this year so far, I should watch WD.(in the process). Poltergeist( it's been years). Silent Hill( haven't played the game in years) and or what else? It's gonna be a busy couple months

Beast, I'm sure most of us have a marathon of the movies being represented at HHN before we go. It's definitely something we talk about. Luckily, I've seen them all so far and haven't needed to play catch up, only needed to be reacquainted. Plus it gets me hyped up for what's coming.

Season 1 of the Walking Dead was pretty good for 6 episodes. The 12 episode second season was a bit trying on my patience for the first 5 episodes though with a storyline that took WAY too long to be resolved. I'm really interested to see how it'll pan out in maze form. There's not enough locations but I'm guessing it'll mostly be from locations in season 3, which seems more indoorsy. I hated the Silent Hill movie, haven't played the games much but the creep factor is undeniable and would probably be very chilling to see in person.

Edited by DTH316

We actually did talk about Woman in Black for awhile until Murdy said a movie from 2012 wouldn't be represented but a movie from 2011 WOULD.

It'd be a little too similar to La Llorona but then again, it'd be better than a DIRECT repeat of La Llorona. And even that wouldn't make me too mad so I'd kinda see potential in it.

Similar like how Welcome To my nightmare was similer to Nightmare on elmstreet or House of 1,000 to TCM or SAW to Hostil, or Friday the 13th to My Bloody Valentine ect ect, in a gnera that is defined by its monsters/Villians your gonna run into deja vu all over the place to be honest. but as far a Lady in Black did it do well or is it in obscure horror movie limbo with every horror that came out over that past few year thats not Paranormal activity or SAW

Similar like how Welcome To my nightmare was similer to Nightmare on elmstreet or House of 1,000 to TCM or SAW to Hostil, or Friday the 13th to My Bloody Valentine ect ect, in a gnera that is defined by its monsters/Villians your gonna run into deja vu all over the place to be honest. but as far a Lady in Black did it do well or is it in obscure horror movie limbo with every horror that came out over that past few year thats not Paranormal activity or SAW

Well, with WTMN and NOES, HOTC and TCM, Saw and Hostel, F13 and MBV -- they were similar but had VERY different looking locations or villains. For example, WTMN and NOES play with the nightmare angle but both have completely different ideas of what a nightmare is. HOTC and TCM are basically the same plot but the family in TCM has Leatherface, who is scary as shit looking and with a chainsaw while the Firefly family were normal looking *coughs* and had no iconic weapon to speak of. F13 and MBV did cut it close on some locations and some of the kills but Jason's presence and iconic look overshadows MBV's knock off nature. As for Saw and Hostel... those were a bit deja vu-ish. Hostel is set in a warehouse and so is Saw. The style of the scares were also very similar. Distraction with a trap/torture scene and then someone else entirely pops out from the other side. People stuck in situations as we watch them die, pretty much -- and that got old. The MAJOR kicker between Woman in Black and La Llorona are the fact that the villains not only look similar but also have the same M.O.. Cept one is in England while the other is Mexico.

And yes, Woman in Black was pretty successful and is very current, so by no means is it obscure and it should definitely be on HHN's radar. Next year? Or two years from now? Without a sequel? Not so much.

Having been through a Silent Hill maze (Sinister Pointe did one their first year as 'Sinister Point'.) I can tell you it can be very scary if done properly. They had a room that I was afraid to enter. Looked in, saw the room, said 'Uh....no.'. To get that sort of reaction from me says something.

• Like 1

even that is a stretch I would'nt realy say Carrol Ann suffered if I remember correctly (Disclaimer I hav't seen it in years) didnt see befriend the "TV People" and thats how she got sucked into the other world?

She did be friend the Tv people, but I think there was something in there that she didn't like, and I don't know about you guys be being sucked into a ghostly realm in your closet sounds like suffering to me. Technically,she is not the only child who suffered in her movie. Her brother was attacked by the clown doll and almost consumed by a tree. I'm still leaning towards Poltergeist being Quigly though...

It would be however..... This is a truly scary theme park experiience. Not Knott's Not So Scary Farm

Okay......... Murdy said during the 8 ball sessions that an announcement would happen in the next 3 weeks, which if it stayed on the right timeline it would be released on July 14th or earlier. July 13th just happens to fall within that timeline. There's my logic behind that.

P.S You shouldn't be ragging on KSF, they actually have the balls to try an extreme house this year, LOL.

There was also lots of Insidious (to me, the last movie to be semi-scary) talk but Murdy kept turning that down but he DID say he HAD been talking to the producers -- who also happen to be the producers of Lords of Salem (which is how that rumor got more validity).

And yeah, finally decided to get an avatar! Somehow it seemed appropriate...

Wait, if Murdy said that a 2012 movie wouldn't be represented doesn't that rule out Silent Hill 3D and Lords of Salem?