HHN Hollywood 2012 Speculation

Well, with WTMN and NOES, HOTC and TCM, Saw and Hostel, F13 and MBV -- they were similar but had VERY different looking locations or villains. For example, WTMN and NOES play with the nightmare angle but both have completely different ideas of what a nightmare is. HOTC and TCM are basically the same plot but the family in TCM has Leatherface, who is scary as shit looking and with a chainsaw while the Firefly family were normal looking *coughs* and had no iconic weapon to speak of. F13 and MBV did cut it close on some locations and some of the kills but Jason's presence and iconic look overshadows MBV's knock off nature. As for Saw and Hostel... those were a bit deja vu-ish. Hostel is set in a warehouse and so is Saw. The style of the scares were also very similar. Distraction with a trap/torture scene and then someone else entirely pops out from the other side. People stuck in situations as we watch them die, pretty much -- and that got old. The MAJOR kicker between Woman in Black and La Llorona are the fact that the villains not only look similar but also have the same M.O.. Cept one is in England while the other is Mexico.

And yes, Woman in Black was pretty successful and is very current, so by no means is it obscure and it should definitely be on HHN's radar. Next year? Or two years from now? Without a sequel? Not so much.

I never seen the movie but they have the MO? I thought the whole thing with woman in Black was it was a bloody mary type thing at least I would think since all the ads around every single movie theater was mirrors and such.

Wait, if Murdy said that a 2012 movie wouldn't be represented doesn't that rule out Silent Hill 3D and Lords of Salem?

knowing murdy and his Loki like trickery there would be easy ways to discount that against the whole 2012 film statement "well thechincaly it has elements from the first movie and the games as well so its not only a 2012 property" and we dont know realy when lords of salem will come out just that Rob's aiming for 2012.

Having been through a Silent Hill maze (Sinister Pointe did one their first year as 'Sinister Point'.) I can tell you it can be very scary if done properly. They had a room that I was afraid to enter. Looked in, saw the room, said 'Uh....no.'. To get that sort of reaction from me says something.

THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKIN' BOUT! I would've felt that way about the dinner scene in TCM if I would've known the scare in there :( Nearly shat myself... lmao

Was the woman in black on the survey?

Nope, WIB wasn't even out yet!

She did be friend the Tv people, but I think there was something in there that she didn't like, and I don't know about you guys be being sucked into a ghostly realm in your closet sounds like suffering to me. Technically,she is not the only child who suffered in her movie. Her brother was attacked by the clown doll and almost consumed by a tree. I'm still leaning towards Poltergeist being Quigly though...

I think it's weird Poltergeist fits two of the codenames this year. Usually it NEVER fits with any of the hints but this time it fits two. I REALLY hope we get to see it but I have a feeling I'll be disappointed.

P.S You shouldn't be ragging on KSF, they actually have the balls to try an extreme house this year, LOL.

Wait, if Murdy said that a 2012 movie wouldn't be represented doesn't that rule out Silent Hill 3D and Lords of Salem?

Not like it'll be any good.... oops, did I say that out loud? My cynicism got the best of me (when does it not? hehe).

And as said before, Lords of Salem isn't for sure coming out in 2012 -- the only reason I'm linking it to this year's event at all is because Murdy's talks with the Insidious producers and because there's an amusement park in it. As for Silent Hill, I'm sure he can get away with that by saying there's also a game and another movie.

I never seen the movie but they have the MO? I thought the whole thing with woman in Black was it was a bloody mary type thing at least I would think since all the ads around every single movie theater was mirrors and such.

If I remember correctly, she lost a child and then ever since, as a ghost, she forces children to kill themselves. Think La Llorona meets The Happening lmao

Creeper is correct. Woman Black is all set up for a sequel and it's gonna be called Angels of Death I believe? The only reason I am okay with a sequel is because it's suppose to have completely different characters and such. And don't mind me but what exactly does MO stand for? haha

• Like 1

^Wow. About time HHN throws us a bone. It was around this time in 2010, the disastrous year of announcements, that we found out about Klownz. At least back then they gave us something, but here it's July and we have nothing. Hopefully it won't be just a scarezone but an actual maze.

Haha 2010, we got the Klownz PR/scareactor art BECAUSE of the delayed PRs. Me thinks that was only because of NOES and F13 stalling, with HOTC probably supposed to be announced in August all along. I could be wrong, I don't know.

And yes, it was July 19th last year that The Thing PR hit the web. So if we actually get a maze announcement this week, that'll be the earliest since 2009 when Saw was accidentally announced earlier in the year but then confirmed by Universal on June 25th.

And in honor of the upcoming Friday the 13th and hopefully PR of a maze, here's something to get you a tad bit excited; something that I've actually never seen before: a behind the scenes look at the first F13 maze, "Camp Blood" from the "His Name was Jason" DVD via hhnbro. Aw, sweet memories :'(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKvq5gQ1EPk

Edited by DTH316

Haha 2010, we got the Klownz PR/scareactor art BECAUSE of the delayed PRs. Me thinks that was only because of NOES and F13 stalling, with HOTC probably supposed to be announced in August all along. I could be wrong, I don't know.

And yes, it was July 19th last year that The Thing PR hit the web. So if we actually get a maze announcement this week, that'll be the earliest since 2009 when Saw was accidentally announced earlier in the year but then confirmed by Universal on June 25th.

And in honor of the upcoming Friday the 13th and hopefully PR of a maze, here's something to get you a tad bit excited; something that I've actually never seen before: a behind the scenes look at the first F13 maze, "Camp Blood" from the "His Name was Jason" DVD via hhnbro. Aw, sweet memories :'(

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKvq5gQ1EPk

This is so awesome. I loved this maze myself. Has anyone been able to find the behind the scenes video from the Saw: Game Over maze which was included in the Saw VI dvd? I never managed to find that anywhere and would love to see a breakdown of those traps.

This is so awesome. I loved this maze myself. Has anyone been able to find the behind the scenes video from the Saw: Game Over maze which was included in the Saw VI dvd? I never managed to find that anywhere and would love to see a breakdown of those traps.

hhnbro delivers again:

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2idg_dvT-Y8

Anybody think we'll get either Friday the 13th or Saw again this year?!

The timing of this next PR makes me sorta nervous...

Edited by DTH316

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKvq5gQ1EPk

Wow! I almost forgot how awesome that maze was. It really brings back some good memories, especially the wheelchair scene, that scared the hell outa me on my first run.

Thanks for the post!

Anybody think we'll get either Friday the 13th or Saw again this year?!

The timing of this next PR makes me sorta nervous...

Naaaaaahhhh. We're safe. I can't imagine Jason being repeated.

Never should've said that. I just jinxed it! :unsure:

Hey everyone just became a member on here. I don't know if anyone put this together yet. With the code name carpenter i got John Carpenter directed a movie called Prince of Darkness. There is also a song called Prince of Darkness that was by Alice Cooper. So im guessing Alice is making a return.

Hey everyone just became a member on here. I don't know if anyone put this together yet. With the code name carpenter i got John Carpenter directed a movie called Prince of Darkness. There is also a song called Prince of Darkness that was by Alice Cooper. So im guessing Alice is making a return.

Welcome to Nightmares! Come warm your bones by the fire....eternally. MUAAHAHAAHAHA

That's the most logical guess for Carpenter. Hopefully they'll change it up.

I came to that conclusion too, but murdy had said that theaze "carpenter" would surprise people, and I dont see a repeat of the last years most popular maze surprising anybody. I'd like to think that this would be johns way of using Halloween to hint at the trick r treat maze the fans have been (pun) dying for, but he kind of denoted that possibility during the 8-ball night. It's hard to say with this one... Not enough clues on the table.

Btw welcome to the forum Higbee!

So no maze announcement tomorrow, according to Murdy. He's still saying mid-July to late July. I really hope they didn't amp us up over event dates or prices. Although both would be nice, that isn't something that should get a pre-announcement lol

Well hopefully we'll get one by next week. I also get amped up for HHN maze announcements while Knott's (for me) steals there thunder by releasing their whole line up before HHN even releases a little bit of info. I hope the mazes are worth waiting for the announcements.

Just posted a construction update in the const. thread. Go check it out!

Okay, let me share my speculation here from my experience at Uni.

IMG_1258.jpg

See that wheel-like prop in the center doorframe? When I looked closely at it, it looked like a Ferris Wheel. It looks like the facade will be an amusement park. This also brings me to the second interesting thing I saw:

IMG_1257.jpg

Looks like the amusement park scene will be in here. Largest room HHN has ever done, apparently. Remember Murdy saying something about that?

The writing is on the wall people. It's Silent Hill. The worn-down looking walls, the Ferris Wheel prop, the large room, the rumors going around like crazy, Lionsgate having a close partnership with Uni, the movie coming out in October....I think this does it. They should be releasing the trailer for Silent Hill: Revelations tomorrow at Comic Con. If that's the case, then I heard some odd-ball rumor that they could announce the maze right when they release the trailer as a double-promotion. Makes sense, you know? Again, that's just an odd rumor I would take with a grain of salt.

When I went on the Simpsons Ride, one of the attendants complimented my HHN shirt and then said, "The only thing we know about is La Llorona". I think she was just screwing with me. We all know how those employees are. Haha.

Glad to see the website get updated. The teaser site looks a tad better than last year's. Glad to see it doesn't say "What Fear Fears Most".

Happy Friday the 13th! Muahahaha!

So the HHN Hollywood website has been updated http://www.halloween...12/teaser/?ref=

The writing is on the wall people. It's Silent Hill. The worn-down looking walls, the Ferris Wheel prop, the large room, the rumors going around like crazy, Lionsgate having a close partnership with Uni, the movie coming out in October....I think this does it. They should be releasing the trailer for Silent Hill: Revelations tomorrow at Comic Con. If that's the case, then I heard some odd-ball rumor that they could announce the maze right when they release the trailer as a double-promotion. Makes sense, you know? Again, that's just an odd rumor I would take with a grain of salt.

When I went on the Simpsons Ride, one of the attendants complimented my HHN shirt and then said, "The only thing we know about is La Llorona". I think she was just screwing with me. We all know how those employees are. Haha.

Glad to see the website get updated. The teaser site looks a tad better than last year's. Glad to see it doesn't say "What Fear Fears Most".

IDK Freak Im kinda leaning trowds La Llorona unless we do end up with "Lady in Black" maze. or Women Black I forget which one.

and Im with you its refreshing to see a change "Once Your In Theres No Way Out" like it better then what Fear Fears Most hopefully that means new commercial!!!! and also notice "From The Sickest Minds In Horror" which means were gonna see names slaped on mazes. my guess so far on mazes

Walking Dead

Silent Hill

La Llorona/Lady In Black

Rob Zombie's Something or nother

HOH Overlay

and Zoolander! Curse Of The Blue Steal!!!!! jk

"Once you're in... there is no way out."

You mean, Trapped? LMAO

Either way, glad that old tagline is gone. Gah, I hated it the first time!

Me thinks its Silent Hill for the T2 queue as well.

Unless it's for the codename Suffer Little Children considering the Albert Fish wall is there. I mean, of all the walls, why that one?

And with a codename about children suffering and a construction wall with the HOTC Albert Fish name written on it, that seems like a mighty coincidence...