HHN Hollywood 2012 Speculation

It was noted on their twitter site that they were having server problems due to comic con coverage. The same story is referred to on twitter. Does not look like it was retracted.

Okay, fewf. Also it looks like Dread Central has picked up the story which originated from Deadline.

^I dont know... The article sounded like speculation to me, I'm not saying there won't be TWD or SH house but the article, other than being on BD, didn't sound too official to me. I'll wait until a real announcement before getting excited about either.

Screamscape does not have an official relationship with HHN... BD does. They have always been right in the past, believe they were the ones to officially reveal kill jason kill, but they are more than a rumor site. I would be a little cautious, but I am with Freak... 99.999999999999999999999% sure it's true.

Its true, Bloody Disgusting is usually always "in the know" when it comes to HHN, they announced Wolfman and La Llorona last year before anyone even heard of the names, HOTC and Jason in 2010, SAW and Halloween franchise in early 2009.

Usually when they do an article, the info has been sent out to companies early to prep for an article or statement from USH

I'm gonna audition for the role of Bansheeman, but baring that, hopefully I'll get his alterego, Gasmaskman.

The irony of the character is he pops out screaming about how they didnt let him be a scareactor then go back into the hole telling his victums how Freddy and jason will be the icons for the next 20 years.

I am wondering if it's due to it not being officially leaked. BD generally is pretty accurate as well as usually has some sort of "relationship" as in they get preview and everything as well as HHN fans on their site. I am "counting" this as official!

I also need to point as well as what Ghost said BD leaked SAW early in 09 and we all swore up and down they were wrong until Murdy finaly came out and said yup there right!

Screamscape is wrong like, 80% of the time. Bloody Disgusting, as far as HHN news is concerned, has been right 100% of the time. So until it is proven wrong, I'll go ahead and believe any news they have even if they don't have a source. If the news turns out wrong, I won't mind... as long as it's something more awesome like... Evil Dead or the Exorcist. I'll just stop believing BD all the time... no big deal :) Silent Hill's Comic Con panel is from 12:45 - 1:45... so we'll know between than. I'm just not sure if they'll announce Walking Dead too... as that would seem like an odd way to announce it.

While not a gamer and having so-so feeling after seeing the original Silent Hill in theaters, the visuals and presentation of its nightmarish world should lead to an awesome attraction. There is nothing like going through a "real-life" version of the film/property. Oh, and I know there was mention of the WD Season 3 trailer on this site, it looks great with different locales and characters. Hopefully we will get a sneak peak of the new season in the maze.

I absolutely LOATHED the movie. One of the worst films I've ever seen. And I've literally played the game once, like Murdy, for maybe 20 minutes at the most. But like you, I know the environments will be pretty damn scary in person.

I copied the more definitive answers (I know Hauntfan wanted ALL of them but I had begun copying down just these before I read that). There were a few where Murdy said "yes" as a way of answering a question that couldn't be answered in simple Magic 8 Ball form so I didn't bother copying those. Murdy was answering on average 3 questions per minute until around 2:45 he started slowing down and then at 2:50, practically stopped completely.

@HorrorNights do any of the antagonists have stages of transformation?

@thesaurusboy688 outlook good

[Wolfman returns?]

@HorrorNights Any of the houses take place in another... dimension/plane of existence?

@jymmymack As I see it, yes

[Very interesting... Silent Hill takes place in another dimension, no?]

@HorrorNights Will the lower lot scarezone be getting more decorations this year?

@1800DallasH don't count on it

[bOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! So much for what Freak has been telling me! :-P]

@HorrorNights Will any scarezones be populated with chainsaws this year?

@1800DallasH it is certain

@HorrorNights Will there be clowns again this year?

@ironkiller6876 outlook good

[These two probably go hand in hand...]

@HorrorNights Does "Classic Cowboy" refer to a fictional Cowboy?

@Jonny_Casanova As I see it, yes

[Didn't matter to me much but there ya have it.]

Updated: Murdy revived from the dead around 3:05 to answer more questions!

@HorrorNights Is "Carpenter" based off of a movie?

@Jonny_Casanova it is certain

[Can't remember if that's been confirmed or not yet...]

@HorrorNights Will one the mazes require alot women?

@LadeeAurora as I see it, yes

[La Llorona?.... Nurses????]

@HorrorNights Will the maze location Behind the Mummy have its queue under the escalators leading to the lower lot?

@1800DallasH it is certain

[That solves that mystery!]

@HorrorNights Will you tone down on the water spraying effects this year?

@1800DallasH no

[All hope is lost...]

@HorrorNights is klownz going to get their own maze?

@GurtejPanesar outlook not so good

[Ahhhh someone should ask about Freakz getting their own maze now!]

I actually did Tweet a question pertaining to the Freakz but he never answered it -_____- Lol

I thought the movie was pretty good up... up to a certain point. It was very pretty.. and captured the feel of Silent Hill right until they decided to just tell you the entire plot. In that sort of way, it kinda matches Silent Hill 4 (and actually, if there was proof that was an homage to 4, I'll forgive them.), where you have no clue WTF is going on until about halfway through the game where a ghost floats out of the ceiling and tells you exactly whats going on.

From John Murdy's Twitter: "Woke up in a strange room, in a strange city. Where am I? How did I get here? Who are all these strange people? (To be continued)" Is John Murdy in a Hotel in San Diego. By "strange people" does he mean people dressed up as Comic Book characters? Is he at ComiCon?! This may confirm today's announcement. As said earlier, this sounds also like Silent Hill, so he could be comparing the two...

Edited by JGmoney1996

Screamscape does not have an official relationship with HHN... BD does. They have always been right in the past, believe they were the ones to officially reveal kill jason kill, but they are more than a rumor site. I would be a little cautious, but I am with Freak... 99.999999999999999999999% sure it's true.

I wasn't talking about Screamscape and HHN. I was talking about Screamscape reporting stuff for theme parks that are true and sometimes they are wrong. Not talking about their HHN rumors.

John Murdy's Twitter: "Now I'm in a car, being driven somewhere. The driver won't tell me where we're going. How did I get here? (To be continued)" He is going to ComiCon right now to announce the mazes, maybe?

Edited by JGmoney1996

@HorrorNights: Woke up in a strange room, in a strange city. Where am I? How did I get here? Who are all these strange people? (To be continued)

@HorrorNights: Now I'm in a car, being driven somewhere. The driver won't tell me where we're going. How did I get here? (To be continued)

@HorrorNights: Been hustled into a large building, a woman just asked to see my credentials? What is she talking about? Where am I?

^Don't know. I spell it Comic Con, but I'm not in the know. Murdy is definitely going to announce the maze there. But does anybody know if we will get a confirmation of what codename it was and where it is going, so speculation on other mazes will be easier.

I love how all eyes and ears are glued onto this unraveling story! Oh and...

Can anyone honestly name a better video game movie then "Silent Hill"?

Mortal Kombat :-P

Even micechat is jumping the gun!

http://micechat.com/forums/universal-studios/170933-universal-studios-announces-silent-hill-maze-annual-halloween-horror-nights-2012-a.html?amp;goto=newpost

If the rumors aren't true, there's lots of damage control to be done!

Edited by DTH316